Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'm not sure what you mean. I just stuck i on there, and the upper part kinda goes around the hip bars. It won't go any further than what's pictured above.

Couple more side by side pics (phone pics this time).

954171951_DXVF-1SHikaru011.thumb.jpg.a5b5d832be62b844f504aa87e5470e8b.jpg

1162981468_DXVF-1SHikaru012.thumb.jpg.ff95dcb6c0a80121114ce2e2b40cfc54.jpg

I can't not admit that in Fighter the Yamato may still hold the advantage aesthetically.

No doubt that the handling of the Bandai is tops though.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I can't not admit that in Fighter the Yamato may still hold the advantage aesthetically.

No doubt that the handling of the Bandai is tops though.

I’m pretty sure that Yammie was custom weathered / paneled by @Lolicon so it’s not an apples to apples comparison. The original Yammie is fairly comparable aesthetically (minus the fact there is no tampo, but decals).

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

8 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I’m pretty sure that Yammie was custom weathered / paneled by @Lolicon so it’s not an apples to apples comparison. The original Yammie is fairly comparable aesthetically (minus the fact there is no tampo, but decals).

Sorry, I was just commenting on the shape and proportions. I think the Yamato had it licked in Fighter. Not by a ton though.

8 hours ago, Guyffon said:

The bandai strike barrels are huge compared to the yammie......

5 hours ago, mark-1s said:

/\/\/\

LOL I was just about to post this!

In my main cabs I can stand a Yamato up in Battroid with the cannons sticking straight up. Not with the DX. The cannons are certainly a big factor!

31 minutes ago, Knightdramon said:

Is that a HT 1/4 MK III? I was toying with the idea of getting a couple of 1/4 figures, but where on earth would I keep them? 

I think it's a 1/6th, which are around 12 inches. The 1/4 figures are closer to 20 inches.

I say go full in on the quarter scale, worry about the logistics later.

I've got three Yamato 1/48 Roy's. Now that I have seen the DX next to the Yamato I don't think I'm going to get any DX Roy's.

Did any of you believe that?:rofl:

Edited by sqidd

18 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai vs Yamato

49324214458_3f66a652da_o.jpg

Riddle me this Batman. If I understand it correctly Supers are for non atmospheric flight. The internal jets are for atmospheric flight. Hence why you see the compressor covers on most of the time when Supers are in play. But I see that you have the fans uncovered with supers on. Is this just a "it is what it is" because that is how it was set up when I took the pic thing? Or is that the type of configuration used if entering the atmosphere?

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Riddle me this Batman. If I understand it correctly Supers are for non atmospheric flight. The internal jets are for atmospheric flight. Hence why you see the compressor covers on most of the time when Supers are in play. But I see that you have the fans uncovered with supers on. Is this just a "it is what it is" because that is how it was set up when I took the pic thing? Or is that the type of configuration used if entering the atmosphere?

I simply didn't put them on before taking that pic.

Bandai and Yamato both look good, but the less obnoxious markings and rainbow canopy put the Yamato ahead for me, along with the less blocky fighter shape.

Also, that's the Mark IV suit pictured in an earlier post.

The Yamato 1/48 looks good in fighter mode except for the low hanging arms. I never liked that aspect of it. Nor did I like the skinny biceps or tiny skeletal poseable hands of the battroid. Although, I have to say that the Low Vis VF-1A was a highpoint. Great looking color scheme, white gunpod and a beautiful pilot figure! I regret very few of the many things I sold over the years, but that is certainly one of them.

Never was much of a fan of the 1/60 for multiple reasons, but was happy to see that they were finally printing at least some of the markings.

Edited by Matt Random

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai and Yamato both look good, but the less obnoxious markings and rainbow canopy put the Yamato ahead for me, along with the less blocky fighter shape.

Yamato 1/60 looks nice, That rainbow tint. Dx Bandai's are close. but the lack of details on the leg armor and lack micro missile details bumps it down a notch.

29 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Anyone going to try and customize that?

Some properly-sized, well-placed transparent waterslide decals or stickers would work. Since those spots are already painted white, you wouldn't need to use white paper or a fancy printer (ALPS or OKI) that can generate white-backed designs so the colors show up correctly on the dark blue background. You could probably get away with laser or inkjet designs if you adequately protect them. I will probably experiment with options once my Hikaru and SSP set get here. Both are in transit right now.

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

Some properly-sized, well-placed transparent waterslide decals or stickers would work. Since those spots are already painted white, you wouldn't need to use white paper or a fancy printer (ALPS or OKI) that can generate white-backed designs so the colors show up correctly on the dark blue background. You could probably get away with laser or inkjet designs if you adequately protect them. I will probably experiment with options once my Hikaru and SSP set get here. Both are in transit right now.

Or you could be really brave and paint those spots by hand or with an airbrush (forgot to add that)

Edited by Anasazi37

I just picked up a 1/48 Yamato VF-1J Stealth. I don't have a line on Fast Packs for that though. I checked what I think is everywhere. Do the Fast Packs only come with the VF-1J as a "box set"? Or were they sold separately? Am I not finding them because I'm searching for something that doesn't exist?

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just picked up a 1/48 Yamato VF-1J Stealth. I don't have a line on Fast Packs for that though. I checked what I think is everywhere. Do the Fast Packs only come with the VF-1J as a "box set"? Or were they sold separately? Am I not finding them because I'm searching for something that doesn't exist?

Thanks!

The Stealth VF-1J came as a Box set with the VF & Armor sold together. 

And it was also sold as just the VF-1J and the Armor sold separately. 

If memory serves me correctly, the Stealth 1J was a limited release back in the day, so she's a hard one to find especially NOT at eBay prices! 

Edited by 505thAirborne

5 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

The Stealth VF-1J came as a Box set with the VF & Armor sold together. 

And it was also sold as just the VF-1J and the Armor sold separately. 

If memory serves me correctly, the Stealth 1J was a limited release back in the day, so she's a hard one to find especially NOT at eBay prices! 

I scored a sealed 1J off Mandrake for a super good deal. Looks like I may be paying through the teeth for the FP's. I can't even find any available. Let alone at eBay pricing.:mellow:

Thanks!

40 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I scored a sealed 1J off Mandrake for a super good deal. Looks like I may be paying through the teeth for the FP's. I can't even find any available. Let alone at eBay pricing.:mellow:

Thanks!

Yeah, those eBay prices are criminal. 

Best bet is to get a set of standard Fast-Packs for now. Eventually someone here on MW will have one for sale. B))

The stealth VF-1J and separate stealth super parts were posted on Mandarake two or three days ago. The stealth parts sold within a day and the valkyrie sold a day later.

They were available for quite a long time though; it wasn't a VF-1S "blink and you'll miss it" type of thing.

I was tempted to pick them up, but no, I decided not to load up on 1/48s again...

If I recall, it was 20000 for the valk and only 8000 for the super parts. I thing @sqidd got the valk but just missed the super parts.

Edited by Lolicon
Prices added

Just now, Lolicon said:

The stealth VF-1J and separate stealth super parts were posted on Mandarake two or three days ago. The stealth parts sold within a day and the valkyrie sold a day later.

They were available for quite a long time though; it wasn't a VF-1S "blink and you'll miss it" type of thing.

I was tempted to pick them up, but no, I decided not to load up on 1/48s again...

I'm the one who got the Valk. I have the FP's on my alert list now.

I really wasn't planning on adding any more "categories" of Valks to what I have now. But I've always liked the Stealth. And there ya go. I'll find room for it somewhere.:good:

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

If I recall, it was 20000 for the valk and only 8000 for the super parts. I thing @sqidd got the valk but just missed the super parts.

Just now, sqidd said:

I'm the one who got the Valk. I have the FP's on my alert list now.

I really wasn't planning on adding any more "categories" of Valks to what I have now. But I've always liked the Stealth. And there ya go. I'll find room for it somewhere.:good:

I gave @sqidd the heads up on the 1/48 Yammie Stealth VF-1J when I saw it listed and I knew that he wanted a Stealth VF-1J with the SSP set since he missed an opportunity to nab one copy on Jungle for 20k yen (Full Set at Grade B condition). Now its the hunt for the corresponding SSP set.

I'm now waiting for the next DX VF-1 pre-order announcement when ever it drops.