Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Anyone waiting for the next DX pre-order madness? Hopefully next announcement be in offered during sometime in Q2/Q3 of this year. ^_^

Edit: Changed to Q2/Q3 unless Bandai decides to give us a curveball.

Edited by borgified

17 minutes ago, borgified said:

Anyone waiting for the next DX pre-order madness? Hopefully next announcement be in offered during sometime in Q2/Q3 of this year. ^_^

Edit: Changed to Q2/Q3 unless Bandai decides to give us a curveball.

I'm hoping that we get the VF-1S Roy as well as the YF-21.

When the Roy is released I'm planning on doing a "timeline display" with most (I'll leave out the garbage) of the VF-1S Roy's from the Chunky Monkey till current.:good:

Chunky.png.13661698686193683487b42b77b512a6.png

1 hour ago, DewPoint said:

Happy New Year!

I will argue that Valkyries are very "Doll" like.  A lot of you baby them, play dress up with armor/missiles/SSP, and depending on which ones you have, you can play Mommy/Daddy or romance dating with them.  You can even get a hanger to play house!  :db:

42 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

Not to mention you stay up all hours of the night hoping to get the new one just because it is "Malibu Stacy - now with a new hat!" - err, new head.

So, if we get hammered while playing with toys are we having "Tea Time"?:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Because they're 30k now! :bigshok:

I just snagged a new one on AJ for 25k with free shipping to my Tenso address. Right now they seem to be hovering around 26-27k plus domestic shipping. I had been holding off on buying one, hoping to snag it on Mandarake instead for 25k, but when their price jumped to 30k, it was time to move.

11 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Happy New Year!

I will argue that Valkyries are very "Doll" like.  A lot of you baby them, play dress up with armor/missiles/SSP, and depending on which ones you have, you can play Mommy/Daddy or romance dating with them.  You can even get a hanger to play house!  :db:

MISB collectors don't have this problem.  I honestly have to head scratch sometimes.   Trying to figure out how collectors get so many long hours playing with their toys out of the box as grown adults.  I've found that my imagination, once boundless in childhood, is definitely restricted these days.  i tire easily when handling them, not to mention their origami transformations.  Still, they do look good on display out of the box.  

1 hour ago, MacrossMania said:

MISB collectors don't have this problem.  I honestly have to head scratch sometimes.   Trying to figure out how collectors get so many long hours playing with their toys out of the box as grown adults.  I've found that my imagination, once boundless in childhood, is definitely restricted these days.  i tire easily when handling them, not to mention their origami transformations.  Still, they do look good on display out of the box.  

There is a third kind of collector. I'm what I would define as a "art" collector (I have a lot of actual art too). Not very much of what I have as far as toys goes is about being tied to a show/characters (aside from SDFM). I get toys because I think they're pleasing to my eye. I can't say I even enjoy transforming them for transformation sake. For me it's all about the presentation/display. Transformation/posing is a tool to complete that goal. For most toys if it has multiple modes, I get one for each mode and display them simultaneously. If I'm not too turned on by a mode I don't get one for that. I very, very rarely change my displays up once they're done. 

-I don't buy for nostalgia (aside from SDFM).

-I don't buy for character tie ins.

-I don't have any drive to finish a line/set. If there are six in a series and I really dig two, I get just those two.

-I don't have anything I don't display.

-I don't buy to "play with". I barely have time to un-box/transform/display as it is.

I'm not passing judgement on any form of collecting. I understand the drives for all of them. I just do it the way I do it because it makes me happy to look at them.

Well, I think for some of us we collect for various reasons and it’s not just to collect.

My tendencies are as a hobbyist:

- Collect the series or buy what I like. I usually do the former for most of my purchases.

- Nostagia. New and vintage.

- Mechanical design and visual appeal.

- MIB, open and play, display, customize, whatever comes to mind when purchasing. And method exercised during purchases usually leads to multiples.

- Buy extras for the kids to play with aside from what I buy for myself. 

- Army build, to mostly customize.

While I do like to collect, my display itself is limited by me as don’t want to display everything all at once or I feel I would get bored of it. Cycling my collection throughout the year helps keep things fresh and appealing no matter the age or subject.

My collection has a purpose, to basically tell a visual story of what I like and who I am. I think that’s how most collectors are.

1 minute ago, DYRL VF-1S said:
15 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Still no word on when the preorder for Roy goes up?

Yup. PO night was yesterday. Got cartjacked 10 times but finally scored on AJ at 4:32 AM. I haven’t seen playasia post yet though.

Got one on Amiami at 2:18 AM EST.  NY's stupid wait system would't even let me on the site.

7 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yup. PO night was yesterday. Got cartjacked 10 times but finally scored on AJ at 4:32 AM. I haven’t seen playasia post yet though.

5 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

Got one on Amiami at 2:18 AM EST.  NY's stupid wait system would't even let me on the site.

Wait, what? The PO was last night? How did I not know anything about it? I can't find anything on NY or AmiAmi. Are you guys doing April Fools on Jan 2nd?

1 minute ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Seriously?  Goddamnit!  I literally don't check this site in a few days, and I miss my 10 second window.  Bandai is killing any desire I have in this crap...

I think they're joking. I can't find a listing for the PO.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I think they're joking. I can't find a listing for the PO.

We haven't even seen a preview of Roy yet at a Bandai event--just Hikaru, Max, and Hayao. So, my head was telling me they were of course joking, by my heart convinced me to check anyways because, well, it's Bandai and they've done crazier stuff than this in the past.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:09 AM, efisher said:

LOL! At least they don't put doll in the description box like CDJapan does.

yeah, Cdjapan's normal "stuff doll" description can get a bunch of jokes going at the office :p

But they use "figure" this time for the dx chogokin vf-1s .  B))

11 minutes ago, F360 said:

yeah, Cdjapan's normal "stuff doll" description can get a bunch of jokes going at the office :p

But they use "figure" this time for the dx chogokin vf-1s .  B))

My favorite description from CDjapan is "personal use toy" for any gokin or valkyrie I get from them. :lol: My mail-carrier always gets a kick out of it and so do I. 

27 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

My favorite description from CDjapan is "personal use toy" for any gokin or valkyrie I get from them. :lol: My mail-carrier always gets a kick out of it and so do I. 

lol. that is some expensive "personal use toys" :rofl: 

getting multiple and different colors too :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, VF-1J まったく said:

Out of curiosity, what was the MSRP on the Super Strike Parts set? I've seen it listed for 9200円以上 on NY and other sites.

That’s the best price you are going to get. MSRP I think is 8800 yen but you have to pay tax, which puts it over 9200 already without shipping. NY offers fantastic deals on TWE items. 

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Roy pre-sale on New Years eve --that actually would have been hilarious...LMAO! We could have actually done our drinking pre-order game!!! :lol:

A shot for every time you get cart jacked? We'd all be dead!:blink::drinks: