Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

So Nippon-Yasan didn't... write my street address on my VF-1S? And now it's on its way back to Japan, despite me going in to the post office to ask why it was being held up. They just sent it back instead of actually trying to help. I joked a month ago whether I'd get my VF-1S before I got the strike parts, but now that they're probably going to be sending me the strike parts in April... well, maybe I'll still be lucky if I get my VF-1S before then.

50 minutes ago, Rhubarbarian said:

So Nippon-Yasan didn't... write my street address on my VF-1S? And now it's on its way back to Japan, despite me going in to the post office to ask why it was being held up. They just sent it back instead of actually trying to help. I joked a month ago whether I'd get my VF-1S before I got the strike parts, but now that they're probably going to be sending me the strike parts in April... well, maybe I'll still be lucky if I get my VF-1S before then.

4FE01A80-25D1-4C18-8E51-BE95F890D0EF.png

47 minutes ago, Rhubarbarian said:

Not to try to worry you or anything but this happened with me with NY before, similarly priced item, and they screwed up the shipping label, then when it went back they asked for another shipping payment to send it to me again. Pretty absurd, before I got any other response they sent me another invoice for shipping, NY is awful, and their customer service is some of the worst I've experienced in my collecting history. Did you pay with Paypal? Once again, not trying to worry you too much, but before any possible NY shenanigans occur it'd probably ease some stress to know if it's covered by Paypal. 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, I would but the anonymous “like” system is next to pointless to me. 

Please excuse my off topic rant, but this is something I feel strongly about...

It's a quick, easy way to let people know that the forum appreciates their content.  Personally, I try not to overuse it, but if I see pics I like or something makes me laugh or is very good, it only takes me a click to give a little satisfaction to someone and thank them.  It encourages people to post more of the content you "like" (or just more good content in general), keeps people coming back, and makes people feel good, none of which are pointless.  And being anon makes it a small way for every member to contribute as a part of the forum instead of just individuals. 

I know that I would probably ignore this place if it weren't for the love I get from the forum in all forms, whether anonymous likes or reposts.  I've seen good forums die because they had no positive feedback system, became full of criticism and pointless posts, and made people fearful of posting at all.  It makes me feel SO GOOD when I post things that get a bunch of likes, and knowing that I gave that to someone is just as nice.  I come here for the fellowship of common fans, a big part of which is hitting that like button.  I sincerely hope that I could encourage you and others to use it more often. :good:

9 minutes ago, Pontus said:

It's a quick, easy way to let people know that the forum appreciates their content.  Personally, I try not to overuse it, but if I see pics I like or something makes me laugh or is very good, it only takes me a click to give a little satisfaction to someone and thank them.  It encourages people to post more of the content you "like" (or just more good content in general), keeps people coming back, and makes people feel good, none of which are pointless.  And being anon makes it a small way for every member to contribute as a part of the forum instead of just individuals. 

I know that I would probably ignore this place if it weren't for the love I get from the forum in all forms, whether anonymous likes or reposts.  I've seen good forums die because they had no positive feedback system, became full of criticism and pointless posts, and made people fearful of posting at all.  It makes me feel SO GOOD when I post things that get a bunch of likes, and knowing that I gave that to someone is just as nice.  I come here for the fellowship of common fans, a big part of which is hitting that like button.  I sincerely hope that I could encourage you and others to use it more often. :good:

So you’re saying my content didn’t make you laugh...

93D45239-CDFF-409D-8CA9-3D1F9B7F3A00.gif

25 minutes ago, Pontus said:

How does one tell if their post is receiving positive feedback? I leave it all the time. I don't know how to tell if I'm getting it. Maybe I'm not.

I also have no idea where the reputation score comes from.

I think I suck at forums.:p

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

How does one tell if their post is receiving positive feedback? I leave it all the time. I don't know how to tell if I'm getting it. Maybe I'm not.

I also have no idea where the reputation score comes from.

I think I suck at forums.:p

Well you really can’t tell inside the thread, but I just “hearted” your comment. If you look next to your name it should show like 178 or 179 and that is one up from before.

Also, if you follow this thread then you can look at the activity and see that your comment was specifically hearted. 

And thank you, sir. I won’t quit my day job but I make an effort. Haha. I have hearted a great number of your posts as well 

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

5 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Well you really can’t tell inside the thread, but I just “hearted” your comment. If you look next to your name it should show like 178 or 179 and that is one up from before.

Also, if you follow this thread then you can look at the activity and see that your comment was specifically hearted. 

And thank you, sir. I won’t quit my day job but I make an effort. Haha. I have hearted a great number of your posts as well 

So the reputation score is the hearts you get?

I'm going for elevindy billion!

On 12/24/2019 at 11:55 PM, ps99042 said:

NY just informed me that my strike parts are now coming with the second release even though I bought and paid for it during the initial pre-order.  And this was only a few hours after getting the email about how my trust is the foundation of their success.  Sigh...

Same for me. What is this bullshit? First asking for the 0D payment early which then gets delayed to March. Trust my ass. They're really starting to annoy me.

Hi guys, making a report from Akihabara. Strike Packs are sold out everywhere. Visited 15 different stores over 2 days and basically I only saw one set and it was going at almost 2x the retail price... which is now gone.

VF-1 prices are crazy too, with VF-S going for 28 to 35k yen, and VF-1J starting from 30k. 

I can only say that Akibahara is now more of a tourist trap when it comes to certain products. Maybe this is their defense against scalpers.

20191225_112206.jpg

2 hours ago, Pontus said:

I can easily give someone good feedback by posting. That way, I can make specific comments about what I like or don't like and the person getting the feedback can see who it's coming from. The anonymous "like" system again, means nothing to me when I don't know who did it. Reminds me of that Black Mirror episode where people are working to get "likes" for whatever reason and their life depended on it. On other forums where you can see who gave the like or dislike, I use the feature all the time. Over here, I often quote posts I like and comment along with it, like this:

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

So you’re saying my content didn’t make you laugh...

93D45239-CDFF-409D-8CA9-3D1F9B7F3A00.gif

Lol! "like":D

As promised, crappy cell phone pics. Two sets landed today. More sets in the next two days.

I'm not real confident in the fighter adapter. I don't want to put much more angle in it. Maybe I'm not doing it right. I'm tired and need to get to sleep.

Battroid is TALL with the packs on! I'm going to have to tweak the shelf placement I think.

And yes, the tampo is a wee bit over the top.

1755168774_VF-1SwSS1.jpg.a97fa5906144cbf8d6acb0366658005f.jpg

228703206_VF-1SwSS2.jpg.4ccde61deb27a8877e0702494f0ebdad.jpg

748344163_VF-1SwSS4.jpg.9f88d2214ae8281705fb6e9c5fd7817a.jpg

15 minutes ago, sqidd said:

As promised, crappy cell phone pics. Two sets landed today. More sets in the next two days.

I'm not real confident in the fighter adapter. I don't want to put much more angle in it. Maybe I'm not doing it right. I'm tired and need to get to sleep.

Battroid is TALL with the packs on! I'm going to have to tweak the shelf placement I think.

And yes, the tampo is a wee bit over the top.

1755168774_VF-1SwSS1.jpg.a97fa5906144cbf8d6acb0366658005f.jpg

Looks great! Now I'm really looking forward to getting mine!

Like most who ordered from NY, I too will have to wait. And thus begins my need to find more issues with this VF-1S.

I remembered there was a close up angle of the cockpit and noticed just how bad the markings are on the DX compared to the official placements.  Most of issues seem to stem from overly enlarged kite symbol.

E40D17EF-8A51-4512-9945-B8B15BF40AF4.jpeg

4C06886B-D44D-4927-AB4F-D2D33B6A76B9.jpeg

9 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Like most who ordered from NY, I too will have to wait. And thus begins my need to find more issues with this VF-1S.

I remembered there was a close up angle of the cockpit and noticed just how bad the markings are on the DX compared to the official placements.  Most of issues seem to stem from overly enlarged kite symbol.

Glad I'm not the only who feels that the kite symbol is way too large.

13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Maybe some people just enjoy their toys without needing to pull out microrulers to make sure everything matches every source drawing out there even though those drawings are completely inconsistent. :p

Are you new here? Nitpicking details is the number one pastime here. 8P

Ugh. I want a new release. I almost bought that Manda SSP set instead of posting here just because I needed my fix for the “hunt”. I have 1 being delivered already and 5 on order with NY. Glad I didn’t do it. 

My guess is a TV Kaki announced in Feb followed a month later by a DYRL Roy.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

11 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Now I can't unsee this....