Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

FWIW, That was a mass generated email to everyone with an open order regardless of when we ordered. It was triggered by them changing the release date on the product page. NY is notoriously later in shipping due to their distance from Tokyo, so it wouldn’t shock me if we start seeing prep notices over the next week for a few of us. Even AE told many that they were April and yet still fulfilled their orders now.

14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yup, got my 4 sets from FromJapan in the mail on Monday.

And if you stay vigilant watching AJ at release of TWEs, there is usually at least one 3rd party seller that will global ship at reasonable prices. I was able to land one from there while I wait for NY and only $10 more shipped than NY. Arriving tomorrow. I did the same thing with missiles when first released.

Edit: Mind you, I ship EMS or DHL and not by boat.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

15 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks! Added the skull emblems behind the cockpit and a few more miscellaneous markings, including some additional lift and jack points above and below the aircraft.

Whoa! I checked my AE account and all my SSPs were ready to ship! Went ahead and requested shipping on all mine. AE never sends me notices when stuff is in stock and ready to be shipped.

Nice! Yeah I just emailed them yesterday as they have advised that the 24th is the release date - 25th yesterday here in NZ and Japan, then after my inquiry they sent me an email that items are ready to ship.

Looks like no one from NY is getting a December release no matter how really you ordered..that sucks..

Maybe as somebody said it's just an auto message to all NY customers with an open order on this, but I do think all their stock is an april stock. Even if I wanted to cancel to order elsewhere I am outside the 6 month window lol.

Won't like, my overall NY experience ain't bad but my 1/48 experience is far from ideal. Based on higher prices and a different exchange rate I paid about 90 GBP more for my 1A Max and missiles than if I bought them today and waited for the reissue of the missile packs. 

Almost as if Bandai and NY are trying to scare me away from these haha. 

5 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

I got the same your order been moved to April email from NY.

Which is complete bull crap.  I was an early pre-order.   A few weeks ago they even sent me an email saying here's the new release date for December.  Why send us notices about a new December release date in the first place?

Can I share a word about how most of these companies suck with the whole customer satisfaction thing?   They all sell premium expensive collector items.  You go to any other business that sales luxury goods and you leave satisfied with the service.  They provide it because what they sell isn't cheap. 

Yup.  Other luxury businesses have customer satisfaction because they know that you can go to competition if after sales service sucks.  

5 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Not as of yet. Haha!

So is it safe to assume that NY is an exception, that not all Japanese businesses will ban you for complaining to Paypal over a defective toy? ha ha

Kidding aside, I haven't had issues with HS service as I got cart jacked before I could buy the toys. 

8 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

I got the same your order been moved to April email from NY.

Which is complete bull crap.  I was an early pre-order.   A few weeks ago they even sent me an email saying here's the new release date for December.  Why send us notices about a new December release date in the first place?

Can I share a word about how most of these companies suck with the whole customer satisfaction thing?   They all sell premium expensive collector items.  You go to any other business that sales luxury goods and you leave satisfied with the service.  They provide it because what they sell isn't cheap. 

Apples and oranges.  Those luxury places are peddling ferraris and Lambos, exclusive handbags and designer suits into the hundreds of thousands of dollars for the well heeled.  We commoners in this forum are salivating over a mostly plastic toy that a very small percentage of the global population cares about that costs a little under $300.  Not really the same thing and thus the level of inattention and lack of service...

13 minutes ago, myk said:

Apples and oranges.  Those luxury places are peddling ferraris and Lambos, exclusive handbags and designer suits into the hundreds of thousands of dollars for the well heeled.  We commoners in this forum are salivating over a mostly plastic toy that a very small percentage of the global population cares about that costs a little under $300.  Not really the same thing and thus the level of inattention and lack of service...

I don't agree, Within the niche market these retailers and we choose to play we should demand common courtesy, respect,  and prompt/accurate communication. In a situation where there product/service cannot be delivered upon as defined within their initial agreement. If products can't be delivered in a timely fashion, then that  is where communication should take over.  Communication is the reason I will not be providing a 10 month advance on an egregious amount of money for Nissan-Yappon ever again. They need to get there sh@t together.

2 minutes ago, scand said:

I don't agree, Within the niche market these retailers and we choose to play we should demand common courtesy, respect,  and prompt/accurate communication. In a situation where there product/service cannot be delivered upon as defined within their initial agreement. If products can't be delivered in a timely fashion, then that  is where communication should take over.  Communication is the reason I will not be providing a 10 month advance on an egregious amount of money for Nissan-Yappon ever again. They need to get there sh@t together.

And with that post you hit the ominous 666. Coincidence? I think not...

13 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

Has anyone had a battroid stand break? One of the little hip-hugger tabs on one of mine broke and now I'm paranoid about using the other one I have. 

Whoa really, I am using the stand currently, I hope mine don’t break as I do not want my valk to tumble down

Dudes! (not sure if I seen any dudettes complain)...

This release was severely underproduced or something went very wrong with the first batch release. I've never seen any other TWE close orders that quickly. There is obviously a shortage of the first batch for whatever reason. Just chill the F out or if you just can't deal with waiting, pay the premium to get it now and go on with your lives and cut ties with NY or whatever other store that goes out of their way to get you your toys that you feel is treating you so badly, lol. I can't believe all the complaints on Christmas day no less.

Edited by Slave IV

6 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Dudes! (not sure if I seen any dudettes complain)...

This release was severely underproduced or something went very wrong with the first batch release. I've never seen any other TWE close orders that quickly. There is obviously a shortage of the first batch for whatever reason. Just chill the F out or if you just can't deal with waiting, pay the premium to get it now and go on with your lives and cut ties with NY or whatever other store that goes out of their way to get you your toys that you feel is treating you so badly, lol. I can't believe all the complaints on Christmas day no less.

did start a thread for this very reason. :acute:

I think some of you are confusing item price and service.

Just because you are buying something expensive does not mean you will get excellent service.

Just because you are buying something cheap does not mean you will get crappy service. 

Service comes with it's own price.B))

The super part set cost 8800 yen + 480 yen domestic shipping = 9280 yen just for 1 if you live in japan and preorder from p-bandai directly . 

domestic shipping could also be 480 yen for 1 set and 680 yen for 6 set .   So if you buy more at one time it would save on domestic shipping.

Store like N-Y would buy them in bulk orders .   since it's limited to 6 per order. they will buy 6 so it would cost them around 8913 yen each.

How much did N-Y sell this for? 9200 yen.   You can't really expecting them to provide excellent service under 300 yen do you? :p

Biginjapan charged 9800 yen, and they delivered by shipping them out asap. (they also have separate order page for different batch)

Anime-export charged 9800 yen and is delivering for those that pre order early.    

also what I recall on preorder night months ago, when the first batch of super part set SOLD OUT in under 2 hours.  The N-Y super parts set page was still up and continue to take unlimited preorders.   At the time there's already talks on this thread with the possibility of N-Y not being able to fulfill the december batch pre orders.   Some more noticeable signs were N-Y not posting separate items pages for the December batch and the later April batch.   Which they normally do for TWE items.  Different batch = different item page

Current result from N-Y is it's not what many want, but it's not unexpected either :ph34r:

For those that do not like N-Y, you should definitely try other stores and Proxy next time.  the options are out there. ^_^

8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

did start a thread for this very reason. :acute:

Haha, that thread must be a joy to read. All good, I'm just so sick of hearing about it and don't want to post about it anymore but the same complaints over and over again are unbelievable. Especially when I use these shops all the time and rarely, if ever come a cross a situation worth complaining about, let alone mention it over and over again. Can we just see the toys? Lol.

Yep got my delay to April as well from NY even though I was in the first pre-order batch.

So has anyone gotten any SSP from NY?  Did NY deliver any to anyone in the first batch?

28 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, that thread must be a joy to read. All good, I'm just so sick of hearing about it and don't want to post about it anymore but the same complaints over and over again are unbelievable. Especially when I use these shops all the time and rarely, if ever come a cross a situation worth complaining about, let alone mention it over and over again. Can we just see the toys? Lol.

Nah. Only three people have actually replied. :rofl:  

But, I agree with you and @F360. I do think it’s worth sharing notes on when someone does or doesn’t receive. It especially helps noobs with expectations. But there is no point in complaining. Just takes up space and clutters the timeline. 

Macross is like crack. And damnit when I want crack you better get me crack when you promised cuz I’m addicted and stuff.

B2ED196E-4F1F-49D8-B9F1-10A9F4D916A8.gif

I pretty much went in with full knowledge that I would be waiting a year or more for my packs.  I wouldn't actually bet that they managed to get any orders in for the first batch at all, so they won't have any stock until the second run.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm just forcing myself to be patient.

28 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Damnit, my crack comment combined with a Chapelle GIF earns at least one “love!”

I was laughing anyway. The thread is getting too serious.

:help:

NY is a like an authentic crack dealer then. Takes your money, lies about it, and leaves the junkies in withdrawal, irritated, and angry.

4 hours ago, canklebreaker said:

Any leads on where to grab another missile set and SSP set close to MSRP? Was going to add a 2nd order of SSP to my delayed NY order but they won't combine shipping, wtheck. Really don't want to use them moving forward now.

Most of the shop that sells TWE items requires pay upfront. And some of them like NY requires customers to pay the shipping cost at the time of checkout. Some, don't. So at NY, if you want to order more than one TWE item, better do it the first time since they don't combine shipping to 'close' orders. However, for regular preorder items, they do combine shipping. 

2 hours ago, crackpot said:

NY is a like an authentic crack dealer then. Takes your money, lies about it, and leaves the junkies in withdrawal, irritated, and angry.

This is usually happens with TWE items at NY.