Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

AE just replied to me again, and they said that I was too slow to order even though I ordered it on the 1st day. I thought I remember someone here emailed them awhile back whom I know ordered after me and they told him his is dec batch. So i found it weird to get the I am april batch.

Also AE just gave the you can cancel if you want reply in a way that seems very NY to me. Oh well its ok, I guess i will wait till april, by the way does AE do full refund for cancellations? Also what other sources can we get TWEs if I do not use AE or NY.

21 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

does AE do full refund for cancellations?

From AE:

http://www.anime-export.com/page/faq#qq30

What is your cancellation policy for pre orders and other items?

• Orders can be fully cancelled with no cancellation fees if unpaid.
  • If the order is not paid in 48 hours it will be cancelled automatically by our system.
  • Once paid a 20% cancellation fee applies to all orders if cancelled if 60 days from payment are past.
  • Items on pre order can be cancelled if in the 60 days of payment date.
  • Special items can’t be cancelled (Tamashii web items or out of production items and rare items)

21 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Also what other sources can we get TWEs if I do not use AE or NY.

You can also use proxy site such as Buyee or FromJapan just to name a few.

AE mentioned that the release date for them is on the 24th of Dec as I asked that some peeps have the strick packs in hand.

Hello,

no, that information is wrong, it will be released on 24th.

I know that my mine also says April but they did confirm that my mine is coming this December (will have to confirm with them again -EDIT - looks like even though my mine says April, I would get the December release :)

Hi Aiko,

My order is for the 24 of December release right?

Thanks,
TJ

profile_mask2.png

Aiko Matsumoto

3:28 PM (0 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to m

Hello,

that is correct.

Edited by tjdetweiler

I asked AE about my order was pushed to april as I was sure I order almost immediately, they replied I was ‘slow’ and others order 1st, then I told them that I know of someone that said they got confirmation that their orders will come in during dec batch and that I know i order before said person, also I did not that their immediate response after that was you can cancel if you want attitude, so I asked if their their full refund is in the money paid or store credit and also said that if thats how they treat their loyal customers I can’t do business with them in future, I got this reply from them

we do offer full refund, of course. We find also hard to deal with customers that can just write this to "threaten" us : "then I have to rethink where I should bring my business in future." , especially when a full refund is offered.’

Wow, looks like I have to reconsider getting stuff from them, looks like its biginjapan in future

Maybe its just me that they don’t like, or maybe something I wrote rubbed them the wrong way but I don’t think this was the type of response they should be making, I guess these days customer service is no longer a thing 

Edited by Guyffon

4 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

:rofl:  Better not swoosh any Valks right now. 

A scene of you waking up in the morning in the middle of the floor with smashed valks all over the place just popped in my head!:D

What happened last night?:blink:

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

A scene of you waking up in the morning in the middle of the floor with smashed valks all over the place just popped in my head!:D

What happened last night?:blink:

Oh man LOL.  That would be a sad sight. Haha.  Good times man.  Cheers to you.  Now bring on PO night!  We all need to do a drinking game on PO night.  Every time someone says "cartjacked" we all take a shot.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

Guess what kids...  As we all surmised, NY is in the same boat as AE.  I ordered from NY the day before P-Bandai even posted their listing and upon inquiry I was told:  "We sincerely apologize for having caused any confusion. The shipment of the order will be April."

So, not to alarm anyone, but those who thought they were getting the Dec order has a high chance of not.

1 minute ago, F360 said:

well, I took a quick look and the 1/48 super fast pack set has a buy it now price of around 11500 to 13000 yen

There's even a combo pack for 34980 yen (dx vf-1s and fastpack set)

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/auction/yahoo/input/r369050200/lgk-link_search

I can be patient enough to wait it out.  I mean, I knew what I was getting into when I ordered before P-Bandai even had it listed. But it's good to hear several stories where two people who ordered from companies that posted in advance (like AE and NY) and thought they were getting Dec actually aren't, while one person actually is.  I'm guessing it's a bit of a crap shoot.

Yeah, so unlike NY and AE, BiJ had separate listings for the SSP December batch and the April batch. That's why I ordered a set from them for my 1S, as I knew I'd get it in December.

The others can wait till April since we don't have those valks yet. 

Edited by Lolicon

To me, this whole VF-1S have been a crap shoot, 1st I couldnt get the VF-1S on preorder or release, then when I thought I ordered ‘fast’ enough to get the dec back of strike parts I am not.

I don’t mind waiting for april batch frankly speaking, I just hate the response I got when I asked, seems like NY’s customer service is improving, if they at least responded in that manner, my 1st respond from AE was a 2 word answer, ‘april batch’ , I guess the way they responded set me off and thus began this rabbit hole I fell into. 

Thinking back, I was sure that it still says dec 2019 when I ordered it, only a day later they changed the date to april 2020, so i thought I was so sure I got mine in dec, so in a way I was kinda shocked to get the april reply now. Maybe they moved someone whom questioned them at the start to dec and they thought that since I didnt bother to ask about it back then its ok to shove me to april, whatever the case, I have already gotten one from fromjapan though abeit inflated price and will cancel with AE when I get it on hand. I am just appalled at the level of service I got and hope they give the full refund as they say they will.

I will probably quit collecting if I cannot find a trustworthy dealer for TWEs in future

Edited by Guyffon

I PO's my VF-0D PF's through From Japan but I have not dealt with an auction through them. If I were to let's say want three different auctions what is my best method of pulling that off and getting it shipped?

-Can I "buy it now" on all three auctions and somehow get those grouped together to all ship at once? And only pay the shipping cost once? How do you pull that off? Will it try and tack shipping on each individual item when checking out?

-Am I better off doing a BIN and all three and having them shipped to my Tenso address? Then to me?

Thanks for the insight guys!:hail:

Edited by sqidd

I think they have a ‘private warehouse’ like HLJ, but they do put a notice that if items are kept till a certain time frame else it will be discarded, I think you can ship them as one parcel, currently I have 2 items I used buy it now feature from them. Will let you know in a few days time if I manage to ship them together.

59 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I PO's my VF-0D PF's through From Japan but I have not dealt with an auction through them. If I were to let's say want three different auctions what is my best method of pulling that off and getting it shipped?

-Can I "buy it now" on all three auctions and somehow get those grouped together to all ship at once? And only pay the shipping cost once? How do you pull that off? Will it try and tack shipping on each individual item when checking out?

-Am I better off doing a BIN and all three and having them shipped to my Tenso address? Then to me?

You can have them shipped together to you once they have the items. 

10 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Guess what kids...  As we all surmised, NY is in the same boat as AE.  I ordered from NY the day before P-Bandai even posted their listing and upon inquiry I was told:  "We sincerely apologize for having caused any confusion. The shipment of the order will be April."

So, not to alarm anyone, but those who thought they were getting the Dec order has a high chance of not.

Had you received the release date change notice from NY (12/31 -> 12/23)?

Edited by Matt Random

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Yes FromJapan will store your items for up to 45 days. You can put as few or as many items into a shipment as you want and get an estimate with various shipping methods. You do have to pay them for shipping costs to them from the seller if there was any.

I am not familiar with Tenso fees or shipping so I don't know how they compare.

10 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I can be patient enough to wait it out.  I mean, I knew what I was getting into when I ordered before P-Bandai even had it listed. But it's good to hear several stories where two people who ordered from companies that posted in advance (like AE and NY) and thought they were getting Dec actually aren't, while one person actually is.  I'm guessing it's a bit of a crap shoot.

Yeah, like @Matt Random said above, that's kind of weird given that some of us got notifications that it will be released on Dec 23, 2019.  I mean, I'm not expecting them to actually SHIP it then (this is NY), but it would be a new low for them if they notified a new release date, then said "nah, its all actually in April."

My faith in NY is basically non-existent beyond "I'll get it eventually," so anything could happen of course.  It's just odd that they would go out of their way to antagonize their customers in that way.

17 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I AM SO ALL ABOUT THIS!!!! :yahoo:

Right?!!  I'm in so that makes at least two of us haha.

17 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

Had you received the release date change notice from NY (12/31 -> 12/23)?

5 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, like @Matt Random said above, that's kind of weird given that some of us got notifications that it will be released on Dec 23, 2019.  I mean, I'm not expecting them to actually SHIP it then (this is NY), but it would be a new low for them if they notified a new release date, then said "nah, its all actually in April."

Yes, I received the update but I'm pretty sure we all did.  Their listing doesn't distinguish between the Dec and April releases.  It just says early pre-orders will be in Dec and later ones in April, but it's all the same listing so the notification of Dec 23rd would go to all of us regardless.  So, basically, they can do whatever they want and just say you didn't order soon enough. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 8.28.12 AM.png

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

1 minute ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yes, I received the update but I'm pretty sure we all did.  Their listing doesn't distinguish between the Dec and April releases.  I just says early pre-orders will be in Dec and later ones in April, but it's all the same listing so the notification of Dec 23rd would go to all of us regardless.  So, basically, they can do whatever they want and just say you didn't order soon enough. 

That sucks.  But nothing surprises me about NY anymore, unfortunately.  Oh well, I knew when I ordered more than 1 set I'd be setting myself up for an April shipment from them.

We'll see what happens, maybe a few of us will get lucky.  

1 minute ago, HardlyNever said:

Oh well, I knew when I ordered more than 1 set I'd be setting myself up for an April shipment from them.

Exactly the boat I'm in.  And that's why I think they said April when inquiring about it, because I ordered like a day prior to p-bandai even posting the reservations, so I should in theory get the Dec release.

On 12/18/2019 at 1:37 AM, Tenbatsu said:

They look good, except for the mounting bracket for the boosters.  I realize it puts a lot of strain on the backpack in battroid mode, but I just prefer the cleaner appearance that Yamato did in their 1/48 line.  The way the DX mounts looks similar to the Yamarcadia 1/60 line.  

I understand that the storage/vs detail has already been discussed, but it kind of blows that they didn't include any detail under the leg armor, nor any micro missile detail under the front end of the boosters.

I ordered a set of these, so I'm already in, but I'm definitely going to hang on to my Yammies after seeing this.  

The DX with strike kit without a doubt looks awesome with all the tampo and other details, and I accept that it is a superior toy in many respects, but it will never be able to do this:

PA101680.JPG

4 hours ago, peter said:

They look good, except for the mounting bracket for the boosters.  I realize it puts a lot of strain on the backpack in battroid mode, but I just prefer the cleaner appearance that Yamato did in their 1/48 line.  The way the DX mounts looks similar to the Yamarcadia 1/60 line.  

I understand that the storage/vs detail has already been discussed, but it kind of blows that they didn't include any detail under the leg armor, nor any micro missile detail under the front end of the boosters.

I ordered a set of these, so I'm already in, but I'm definitely going to hang on to my Yammies after seeing this.  

The DX with strike kit without a doubt looks awesome with all the tampo and other details, and I accept that it is a superior toy in many respects, but it will never be able to do this:

PA101680.JPG

I second that! I must say i am disappointed. Back when they had the DX VF-1J exhibited with a board of super-parts, strike-parts, missile-set etc., they showed a armor-leg part with detail, as well as schematics of the boosters with detail! Making us believe, that that is what we were getting!

08a4883a.jpg

634e3f81.jpg

a3f96642.jpg