Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

19 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Was just looking at my VF-1J and wondering about the sure to come (if the tampo on the toys is accurate about connection points) GBP armor.
Do you think Bandai is going to re-release the VF-1J as a Gray Google version? (sorry if this has been asked before, assume so)
S

1 minute ago, Guyffon said:

Maybe they might ship the grey goggled head with the GBP parts?

One can only hope.

Otherwise, Bandai might just likely and readily make the grey-goggles a separate TWE/P-bandai item and charge 5000y for it...

:bump:

37 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I mainly had LEGO and BRIO, plus a computer. Never any GI-Joe, just one transformer, no Macross/Robotech stuff.

Which is why I buy it all now, I suppose.

Certainly glad they're making stuff like the 1/48 aimed at adults rather than children now that I'm old enough to afford it.

This.  It's the same reason I collect now.  I was lucky that I did have a G1 Jetfire.  It was my only "expensive" toy of the early 80's toys.  And that nostalgia brought me to some of the Transformers and all of the Macross & Robotech I collect.  I know it's not the same for everyone, but I love the 1/48 DX's because they remind me so much of an evolution of 1/55 Chunkies.  (I own and love Chunky Monkeys too of course.)

6 hours ago, Shawn said:

Was just looking at my VF-1J and wondering about the sure to come (if the tampo on the toys is accurate about connection points) GBP armor.
Do you think Bandai is going to re-release the VF-1J as a Gray Google version? (sorry if this has been asked before, assume so)
S

I have my fingers crossed HARD for GBP!!!

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Transformers had storage compartments or pegholes to store weapons and accessories. GI Joe could hold or store all their weapons. Centurions were walking storage figures. I never played with TMNT figures so don’t know about those. Most my Super Robot toys had built in gimmicks and or storage built into the figure. 

GIJoe had storage in the working trunk doors and the shovels on the jeep attach to the side of the jeep.  GIJoe didn't use the engine space to store accessories, when GIJoe showed off an engine, it wasn't "empty".  Bandai seems undecided like they wanted to show off the engine, but didn't finish it.  If Bandai wanted it for storage, they should have left it empty, and added pegs so the parts don't roll around.

7 hours ago, Matt Random said:

I was thinking the same thing. I had tons of ziplock bags for all the Star Wars, GI Joe, He-Man and Transformers parts since I didn't have room to put all my toys on the shelves in my room. No working holsters on SW back then. The big Vader & Threepio cases even had one compartment with a door to store the accessories. Joes were great since they generally had some places to store some of the weapons - especially as time went on. The backpacks and helmets could be kept on the figures since they attached firmly. Transformers were generally a nightmare with no place to store all the guns and missile launchers in alt mode. The seekers, Sunstreaker (or whatever his name was), Trail Breaker and the combiners were especially bad. The seekers had fists, missiles/gun tips and the landing gear to keep track of. Each Dinobot had a sword, gun and missile launcher if I recall correctly and I don't recall there being a way to attach it to dino mode aside from Swoop's missile launchers.

I like all of the storage built into MP-44 Prime. I also like the idea of putting the intake covers and maybe the gerwalk antenna into the FAST packs. The hands and side covers are still in the box.

The Mospeada Beagle ride armor had all the accessories (helmet guns hands) stored in the display stand.  They should all do that.

6 hours ago, Shawn said:

S

That'd be an expensive set.  Bandai could have released the 1S with the SSP, but sold it separately, if that's their business model, to let customers pick and choose what they want to buy, or nickel and dime them on missiles.  Arcadia sold it as a set, so maybe.  

10 hours ago, tekering said:

Parts storage.  ^_^

Haha very nice! :good:

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

I have my fingers crossed HARD for GBP!!!

I am praying to the Bandai gods as well for GBP.  I am sure it will be released its an easy money grab for them.  :lol:

Edited by Saburo

I never thought about the parts swap for the GBP but you are right. Perhaps instead of a replacement head though, they will ret-con it and do an armor protection ring that slides over the existing  sensor goggle on the head. I could imagine that was why it changed color. :)

I have two extra SPP set from FJ that I am thinking of selling. Please PM if interested.

Edit: these two sets are paid for. I have 3 more on order from the April batch that will be for sale too.

Edited by kkx
update

54 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Yes, and it's better this way because of numerous moving parts that rub each other ;)

38 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yeah, I'm glad that they're mostly non-painted, given how much paint chips during transformation.

Sure, paint looks amazing (like the upcoming VF-0D), but I like being able to transform them back and forth without worrying too much.

I concur. ^_^

20 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Anyone got a shipment notice from AE? Still waiting for my mine, oh man, I can't wait!!! :)

I sent an email to AE about my order and they just told me that my order is the April batch, I am a bit pissed as I ordered almost immediately when preorders opened at AE. Anyone else got a confirmation fromAE that theirs will come in dec or are all our orders coming in April from AE.

7 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I sent an email to AE about my order and they just told me that my order is the April batch, I am a bit pissed as I ordered almost immediately when preorders opened at AE. Anyone else got a confirmation fromAE that theirs will come in dec or are all our orders coming in April from AE.

I've emailed AE, I'm waiting for the response. But I ordered a couple days after the PO opened. So I guess I'll be pushed back to April too.