Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

...I honestly don't care about the internal details on the Super/Strike parts. I don't display them with the covers off on any of my Arcadia (or HMR) figures anyway.

I can see how someone who likes displaying them that way would be annoyed however.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

I’m just happy that it was made and that I was able to preorder it :lol:.

I still have those clear fastpack covers for my older 1/48 yamato , But it doesn’t look good with my non clear bottoms half of the fastlack and there was no clear 1/48 valk :wacko:

If anyone is still looking for a vf-1s 

10% off rakuten at fromjapan 

With that there one for 23670 yen 

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/special/order/confirm/ppenguin:10000574/2_1/lgk-link_search

Domestic shipping is around 900 yen and proxy see can be full coverage (700 yen) or straight forward (free ).   Then you just need to add international shipping when it arrives. 

they also have some with free domestic shipping

24700 yen

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/special/order/confirm/puremiamuserekuto:10013988/2_1/lgk-link_search

25740 yen
https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/special/order/confirm/yumetairiku0216:10115528/2_1/lgk-link_search

Edited by F360

What about the missiles?? No detail either??

I bought one set for my Hikaru VF-1S, but I would've prefered the option of internal detail. 

Shame on you Bandai, what's the purpose of taking the engine cover off only to see half empty space???

9 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I bought one set for my Hikaru VF-1S, but I would've prefered the option of internal detail. 

Shame on you Bandai, what's the purpose of taking the engine cover off only to see half empty space???

The only reason it opens, it seems, is to switch out the marker on the side of the engine.

21 minutes ago, F360 said:

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/special/order/confirm/ppenguin:10000574/2_1/lgk-link_search

Domestic shipping is around 900 yen and proxy see can be full coverage (700 yen) or straight forward (free ).   Then you just need to add international shipping when it arrives. 

24700 yen

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/special/order/confirm/puremiamuserekuto:10013988/2_1/lgk-link_search

25740 yen
https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/special/order/confirm/yumetairiku0216:10115528/2_1/lgk-link_search

Doesn't the 10% off just get replaced by the 10% sales tax?

13 minutes ago, jenius said:

The only reason it opens, it seems, is to switch out the marker on the side of the engine.

Yes, I guess so, but Bandai could have used magnets and give us full engine detail.

But it is what it is...

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I'm defending freedom. Nothing more.

Probably shouldn't use the same argument as people who opposed minimum wages, child labor laws, and regulations banning putting arsenic in food. 

If you're so "pro-freedom" then you should appreciate his freedom to complain about a product he feels is unsatisfactory. 

4 hours ago, Matt Random said:

Would people have really bought less if they knew what they were getting up front? 

Yeah.  I haven't bought it yet because I don't really like the weird empty engine.  Also got to buy a 1S :)  Would it be non canon to put it on my Max.

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

...I honestly don't care about the internal details on the Super/Strike parts. I don't display them with the covers off on any of my Arcadia (or HMR) figures anyway.

I can see how someone who likes displaying them that way would be annoyed however.

I like displaying my Yammies with the covers off because the missile launcher is so plain, and is available on cheaper products like model kits, but the intricate detail on the 1/48 size is like the big engine on a hog bike.  

3 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Like another said, it's for swapping the logos.  But then Bandai could have still put an entire engine since the swapping slot takes little space.  It looks weird that there's that empty space.  Bandai either should have did it like Yammie, or just left it empty and charged less money.  The swapping logo is a minor detail, but the inclusion of the engine and missiles makes the product a high end quality product.  Now it's just an accessory to a high end product (the DX).  

3 hours ago, Bub said:

Somebody, post pictures of the box.

Which box?  Mine came in three.  ;)

cartons.thumb.jpg.ec465fd3d4f9269af33af2af4f39402c.jpg

The shipping carton contains six sets...

874474179_catalogueinsert.thumb.jpg.ccdd6b94119777ef4c06b9fa95ac2430.jpg

Each set has its own nondescript TWE box...

bereft.thumb.jpg.99b869b1ec2d0ed7d7a2ece65db36508.jpg

...and each box contains an inner package with images of the Valkyrie and accessories.

1081028087_boxfront.thumb.jpg.ad66a417eaf7d7b3a9a7a1248b78424f.jpg

893851643_theback.thumb.jpg.e3e6b31923438a5789db4a8810e8b1f6.jpg

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Back in the day, most toys had gimmicks built in or at least a place to put all the parts that came with the toys.

Man, I sure wish I'd been alive back in your day.  I grew up in the '80s, with Transformers, GI Joe, TMNT, and Centurions.  <_<

4 minutes ago, tekering said:

...and each box contains an inner package with images of the Valkyrie and accessories.

Man, I sure wish I'd been alive back in your day.  I grew up in the '80s, with Transformers, GI Joe, TMNT, and Centurions.  <_<

I'm curious what toys he's referring to that allowed storage of all the accessories like swappable hands. 

7 minutes ago, tekering said:

Above is the reason these are so expensive.:rofl:

45 minutes ago, gerwookie said:

Anyone know which hasegawa 1/48 decal set was used for the custom cockpit sticker posted a while back? I cannot find it on eBay. Did see a 1/96 with similar picture but it’s super blurry.

Here you go. It's for 1/60 but the mini skull emblem is just right for the DX. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-60-Macross-VF-1-transformation-VF-1A-S-Model-Kit-Water-Slide-Decal-21x29cm/382171649589?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item58fb349635:g:RM4AAOSwIGlZbcOf

1 minute ago, Saburo said:

I haven't had much free time to process and post VF-1S photos but wanted to the out before my Super/Strike Parts arrive (sometime in Jan 2020 is what I am guessing). :lol:

49236307732_c0cae222ec_h.jpg

THAT is a great shot!:hail:

All the angles are perfect!

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Transformers had storage compartments or pegholes to store weapons and accessories. GI Joe could hold or store all their weapons. Centurions were walking storage figures. I never played with TMNT figures so don’t know about those. Most my Super Robot toys had built in gimmicks and or storage built into the figure. 

:wub: Awesome you got your sets!  I can't wait for mine to arrive sometime in 2020.  LOL

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

THAT is a great shot!:hail:

All the angles are perfect!

Thank you @sqidd!

Just now, Saburo said:

Thank you @sqidd!

I just pulled mine out of the cab and 95% re created it. Mine is on a YetiStand "coming in for a landing" so the feet are at a different angle. Looks better than what I had!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that.:hail:

I was thinking the same thing. I had tons of ziplock bags for all the Star Wars, GI Joe, He-Man and Transformers parts since I didn't have room to put all my toys on the shelves in my room. No working holsters on SW back then. The big Vader & Threepio cases even had one compartment with a door to store the accessories. Joes were great since they generally had some places to store some of the weapons - especially as time went on. The backpacks and helmets could be kept on the figures since they attached firmly. Transformers were generally a nightmare with no place to store all the guns and missile launchers in alt mode. The seekers, Sunstreaker (or whatever his name was), Trail Breaker and the combiners were especially bad. The seekers had fists, missiles/gun tips and the landing gear to keep track of. Each Dinobot had a sword, gun and missile launcher if I recall correctly and I don't recall there being a way to attach it to dino mode aside from Swoop's missile launchers.

I like all of the storage built into MP-44 Prime. I also like the idea of putting the intake covers and maybe the gerwalk antenna into the FAST packs. The hands and side covers are still in the box.

6 hours ago, F360 said:

24700 yen

Took the 24700 one. More or less just a few hundred yen more expensive than getting it from Mandarake.

Total from Mandarake using DHL: 27450 yen

Total from FJ with buyer protection plan: 27845

4 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Took the 24700 one. More or less just a few hundred yen more expensive than getting it from Mandarake.

Total from Mandarake using DHL: 27450 yen

Total from FJ with buyer protection plan: 27845

i never use the protection. maybe i should one time. 

my shogun rank ran out... i'm now back to normal peasant rank

2 minutes ago, treatment said:

roflmao @ DWC. 

Besides their usual nickel-n-diming tactics, Bandai literally cutting corners now, eh?

:bump:

agree. though i'm glad they have the changing skull emblems. that's a good move by Bandai

I mainly had LEGO and BRIO, plus a computer. Never any GI-Joe, just one transformer, no Macross/Robotech stuff.

Which is why I buy it all now, I suppose.

Certainly glad they're making stuff like the 1/48 aimed at adults rather than children now that I'm old enough to afford it.

Was just looking at my VF-1J and wondering about the sure to come (if the tampo on the toys is accurate about connection points) GBP armor.
Do you think Bandai is going to re-release the VF-1J as a Gray Google version? (sorry if this has been asked before, assume so)
S

1 hour ago, Matt Random said:

I was thinking the same thing. I had tons of ziplock bags for all the Star Wars, GI Joe, He-Man and Transformers parts since I didn't have room to put all my toys on the shelves in my room. No working holsters on SW back then. The big Vader & Threepio cases even had one compartment with a door to store the accessories. Joes were great since they generally had some places to store some of the weapons - especially as time went on. The backpacks and helmets could be kept on the figures since they attached firmly. Transformers were generally a nightmare with no place to store all the guns and missile launchers in alt mode. The seekers, Sunstreaker (or whatever his name was), Trail Breaker and the combiners were especially bad. The seekers had fists, missiles/gun tips and the landing gear to keep track of. Each Dinobot had a sword, gun and missile launcher if I recall correctly and I don't recall there being a way to attach it to dino mode aside from Swoop's missile launchers.

I like all of the storage built into MP-44 Prime. I also like the idea of putting the intake covers and maybe the gerwalk antenna into the FAST packs. The hands and side covers are still in the box.

Again, most Transformers had compartments or pegs to store things. Since many were Diaclone, they had cockpits for figures that could be used since they didn’t come with figures. The Dinobots had places to peg the weapons in both modes. As you mentioned, they made cases and storage that were either playsets, vehicles or other related items with specific storage for GI Joe and Star Wars and they could mostly all hold everything they came with anyways. 

Point is, having storage for parts is good. It would be funny as hell if Bandai came back and said the hollow spot was done purposely for storage like they said the tampo was done on purpose. Anyways, I know what I’m doing with that space on my sets. 

17 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Was just looking at my VF-1J and wondering about the sure to come (if the tampo on the toys is accurate about connection points) GBP armor.
Do you think Bandai is going to re-release the VF-1J as a Gray Google version? (sorry if this has been asked before, assume so)
S

Maybe they might ship the grey goggled head with the GBP parts?