Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

24 minutes ago, F360 said:

I wonder if anyone will make a attachment to fill up that big empty space . ;)

or maybe use it to store fixed pose hands 

Brilliant! I keep hoping for more diorama and other parts that have built in storage. That was my #1 request in the recent Star Wars SHF survey too. I wonder if they did it on purpose for that reason and if you can actually fit a set or more hands in there?

2 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

So, Hobby Search never responded to PayPal. I’m being refunded 100% for my 1S. I have another one that is fine and being displayed in battroid, so I may just keep the defective one in fighter mode and just never transform it.

Nice! Free defective Valks is still free Valks.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Nice to finally have a complete DX Skull-001.

advantages.thumb.jpg.c896805dd139c1c22459bc0dc51c9f76.jpg

It's really difficult to assume the iconic two-handed pose, however, because the armor on the arms is so long, it leaves no clearance for the micro-missile pods...

They seem really blue. Are they that blue in DYRL?

4 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

I dont remember it clearly but it usually changes every scene due to how they try to emulate the lighting. There is a post prior to you that shows it is blue.

I've got no issue with it. Just wondering.

The DX with those colors looks pretty "Murica!". :D

18 minutes ago, sqidd said:

They seem really blue. Are they that blue in DYRL?

I always thought the official color leaned closer to blue. The Yamato/Arcadia ones felt a little closer to green which I wish it didn't but wasn't really bad.

The photos above make the blue seem richer but I guess we'll find out once we have it in hand for ourselves.

4 hours ago, tekering said:

It's really difficult to assume the iconic two-handed pose, however, because the armor on the arms is so long, it leaves no clearance for the micro-missile pods...

Do the leg armors have any internal details or are they also just as empty?

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Can you get the wings further up and tuck the forearm lower like this?

PB083709.JPG

PB083717.JPG

PB083719.JPG

PB083722.JPG

Get the elbows down like this:

48417561_379527436187685_751729751948787

Edited by peter

34 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Do the leg armors have any internal details or are they also just as empty?

The covers aren't even removable, man.  <_<

1 hour ago, peter said:

Can you get the wings further up and tuck the forearm lower like this?

Sure, yeah.

rifled.thumb.jpg.4244fa3f8a855ca6f09e1865ef485bb8.jpg

Oh, I see where you're going with this...  ^_^

1539874691_gettingat.thumb.jpg.557214bcc89432ba10a9416275ffb969.jpg

1025497559_moviepose.thumb.jpg.9aca22ef7b012082056e14cf709e2c24.jpg

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Unfortunately not with the DX VF-1S. 

I'd say Tekering got it close enough considering the limitations of the toy vs anime magic:

06D86EB6-7904-4C53-9B3F-738999FD380B.png

movie pose.jpg

Just need it to get it on a display stand to have it floating in space :)

5 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Uh... it would seem that @tekering would think otherwise. I think he crushed that pose.

It's close but there hasn't been a toy that's been able to position the arms correctly.

2 minutes ago, peter said:

I'd say Tekering got it close enough considering the limitations of the toy vs anime magic:

Pretty much why I said this:

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Some day this pose can be exactly achieved in toy form.

Do the missile booms themselves have any kind of internal detail?  I'm guessing no?

The lack of internal detail at this price and this scale is pretty disappointing.  Not that I really used it much on the yamcadia's, it was still nice to know it was there and I did use it for hangar-style displays every once in a while.  We really shouldn't be moving backward at this price point.  Shame on Bandai.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Do the missile booms themselves have any kind of internal detail?  I'm guessing no?

The lack of internal detail at this price and this scale is pretty disappointing.  Not that I really used it much on the yamcadia's, it was still nice to know it was there and I did use it for hangar-style displays every once in a while.  We really shouldn't be moving backward at this price point.  Shame on Bandai.

It's a free market. The only shame is for the people who purchased something that they didn't like the value of.

Edited by sqidd

54 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

tampo printing cost a fortune dont'cha know...

41 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I'm looking forward to see how much fits in the empty space. If there is enough room to fit all the hands and intake covers, I want more hollow space in all the future add on parts!

I'm putting snacks in mine.

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm putting snacks in mine.

:lol:

Seriously, one of my complaints, if any is that toys these days are not as playable as back in the day. Part of it is all the extra parts that have no built in storage. Back in the day, most toys had gimmicks built in or at least a place to put all the parts that came with the toys. I get the tradeoff they are going for these days for better looks but when they provide parts that are mostly hollow anyways, might as well make use of that space. I would get a lot more enjoyment out of my Valks if I had access to all the option parts within a compartment on the figure or in this case, the Super Parts.  Without storage space, I always store extra parts in the original box and that means I have to dig the box out every time I want to use the parts and that means I rarely use the extra parts. Yes, I could keep all the parts out and store them elsewhere but I just don't like doing that and again, would rather have parts store with the figure they go with.

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

:lol:

Seriously, one of my complaints, if any is that toys these days are not as playable as back in the day. Part of it is all the extra parts that have no built in storage. Back in the day, most toys had gimmicks built in or at least a place to put all the parts that came with the toys. I get the tradeoff they are going for these days for better looks but when they provide parts that are mostly hollow anyways, might as well make use of that space. I would get a lot more enjoyment out of my Valks if I had access to all the option parts within a compartment on the figure or in this case, the Super Parts.  Without storage space, I always store extra parts in the original box and that means I have to dig the box out every time I want to use the parts and that means I rarely use the extra parts. Yes, I could keep all the parts out and store them elsewhere but I just don't like doing that and again, would rather have parts store with the figure they go with.

I agree 100%. Do you want to go looking through storage ever time you want to transform something and use different hands/weapons/etc? I don't. Put those parts in the toy. Or at least in their included stand.

16 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

That's what the Kit Kats are for.

Exactly!!!

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

It's a free market. The only same is for the people who purchased something that they didn't like the value of.

I'd say defending a multi-million dollar international company is kind of a shame, as well.  All for the sake of "muh free market."  Bandai is a big boy, they can take it (not like they read this, anyhow).

Also, many of us (myself included) pre-ordered these without really knowing exactly what we were getting, because that's how Bandai is.  You have to order these things at first announcement, or risk missing out entirely (or paying extreme mark-ups).  If they gave us more information at the time of reveal, then we'd be able to make more informed decisions, but they typically do not do that, especially for accessory products like this.

As time went and on we got more pictures of displays, it was becoming clear that this set didn't have all the gimmicks some of us were expecting.  And I feel like this is a perfect place to voice that disappointment, as I know several other members were wondering what exactly we were getting, as well.

I'll still enjoy getting the SS parts, I just wish we knew what we were buying before hand.  And I don't see the reason for them to giving us less while charging more.  But I guess they keep getting away with it, so they keep at it.