Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

15 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Wait, 174$ Amazon Japan shipped, wow, that is amazing.  Just wondering why not the Max 1A from there as well?  I have bought some Masterpiece transformers from Amazon Japan no problem.  

Also, did you have to get up in the middle of the night for either, or can one just preorder from either Amazon Japan or Nippon in the morning?

Also, why not the 1S?  Is it because you are wanting the Roy version more?  Or was there some problem with obtaining that figure on preorder?

The why can all be answered easily: When it comes to preordering DX Valks, you get them from wherever you can, as fast as you can or you don't get them. :lol:

NY and AJ are my preferred shops so I was lucky to get those first two from them. I didn't get Hikaru's 1S not because I didn't want to but because I wasn't able to. There is nothing casual about getting these preorders in. You have to be up at the time the preorders open and refresh (multiple tabs and/or devices) constantly until you secure one. Luckily, NY and AJ have solid websites that don't crash during the process so along with having the best prices, that is part of why they are my favorite shops. The bottom line is if you want one, you have to be up and it is your best bet to try all the shops to increase your chances. The only time you don't have to worry and can casually order the next morning (or sometimes about a month before release) is for Tamashii Web Exclusives because they have set preorder periods that will stay open for an allotted amount of time. There have been a few exceptions to the TWE releases but for the most case, I wait until the last minute which is about a month before release to order those from NY. Only time I got screwed with that method was on the VF-31A.

Edited by Slave IV

Got a Hikaru 1S for $164, no shipping. Of course that was because I bought it in person in Tokyo.

That's probably not an option for most. 

When it comes to preordering a Bandai DX, any notion of getting it at the cheapest possible price goes out the window real fast when you realize how hard it is to get one at all (short of paying a substantial mark up). You usually only have moments to nab one and speed through check out, though you might have (and take) much longer simply become many sites are absolute garbage and can't handle the strain of preorder night. In which cause you might spend awhile staring at loading screens and praying your order gets in ahead of all the other schlubs also trying to order the same thing. 

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Got a Hikaru 1S for $164, no shipping. Of course that was because I bought it in person in Tokyo.

That's probably not an option for most. 

When it comes to preordering a Bandai DX, any notion of getting it at the cheapest possible price goes out the window real fast when you realize how hard it is to get one at all (short of paying a substantial mark up). You usually only have moments to nab one and speed through check out, though you might have (and take) much longer simply become many sites are absolute garbage and can't handle the strain of preorder night. In which cause you might spend awhile staring at loading screens and praying your order gets in ahead of all the other schlubs also trying to order the same thing. 

It would have been an option for me if only I stayed in Toyko for three more fukking days, lol!

2 minutes ago, CeramicDragon said:

I ordered it. But it's my first time using mandarake. It says checking the stock? How does this work?

You should be good. These are all second hand items that they have at the store indicated on the listing. It just means they will grab it to confirm it is there. 

Yup, usually it should be there unless it was purchased in-store before the you checked out online. Happened to me once. Best is to get a confirmation email on the item, which usually would come after the first email (acknowledging your order placed)

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Not yet for me, assuming you're talking about the strike packs.

yeah, since it was sold out so quickly, I wasn't really 100% sure that my preorder was the 1st batch.  But I look and sure enough it's all there waiting to be shipped.   Too bad i was force to ship my other stuff just last week due to their 45 day rule. :(.     Now Im gonna wait til next month to ship theses since I do not like to ship stuff over christmas rush. 

48 minutes ago, F360 said:

yeah, since it was sold out so quickly, I wasn't really 100% sure that my preorder was the 1st batch.  But I look and sure enough it's all there waiting to be shipped.   Too bad i was force to ship my other stuff just last week due to their 45 day rule. :(.     Now Im gonna wait til next month to ship theses since I do not like to ship stuff over christmas rush. 

Mine is 100% in the first batch, and I have some other stuff waiting on it to show up. Hoping I can get it all shipped out before the new year.

[edit] Checking again, looks like mine have arrived, but no email alert yet.

Now to decide if I want to ship out, or wait for the RG X-2 Gundam...

Edited by Sanity is Optional