Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

On 11/29/2019 at 11:02 PM, Lolicon said:

TV vs DYRL pilot. I like the DYRL pilot so much more because now my valkyrie doesn't look like it's being piloted by a child. :p

1551261162_dxpilotsizes01.thumb.jpg.f667b375fa716febdfa6888260d732a2.jpg

1108476988_dxpilotsizes02.thumb.jpg.fc7780fd40fda26cf0bc56692b45a43c.jpg

1 hour ago, Guyffon said:

I mean is the figure the same size as the 1J version but just repainted or a new sculpt? Pics will help

There are more pics if you look through the last few pages. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

So no strike parts at all until April? I thought there was a December release????

That product page was just the April one. Tamashii has a December one ad well.

3 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Original batch is on December. But NY never updated the delivery date and continue to take order saying they can deliver it on December while P-bandai site clearly states April (I remember it being not December but was shared earlier that it is April)

NY shows both if you look a little further down the page. They just haven’t separated release dates with two different product pages.

“Pre-order, Early Orders: December 2019

Late Orders: April 2020“

9 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

came back from a lil vacation a couple of days ago, and this was at the door.  was a bit nervous with mykombini being my first time ordering from them (and their site going down for maintenance during early delivery days).  but it worked out great!  got here faster than i thought i had paid for too!  also noticed, it looks like the 001 - 100's were done right for the marketing / box art images...
IMG_5578.thumb.jpeg.904698a7a8945f6f580b06645b5f694f.jpegIMG_5577.thumb.jpeg.1b832f5c7eaa4d4b8139100ece0c1149.jpegIMG_5576.thumb.jpeg.2314b02d3d7dac13ec85bf4acd88fceb.jpegIMG_5575.thumb.jpeg.2f7063f321bc843880488fb28d732ac6.jpegIMG_5574.thumb.jpeg.88a9f0711d56a07ecc6254ce3ef170d8.jpegIMG_5573.thumb.jpeg.3d3f246230528ff7aeebd44ae748e093.jpegIMG_5571.thumb.jpeg.710c92822a4c632b5ba421635d302f74.jpegIMG_5570.thumb.jpeg.49f5c60bf2a3f02d9ae38915964a1fbb.jpeg 

Nice box, are you going to open it :)

53 minutes ago, peter said:

Nice box, are you going to open it :)

i know right!?  i'm actually holding off for a bit.  may give this one to a friend, if the latest hlj orders come through (and i can get one for me and my buddy).  but i got in touch with hlj, they're saying they suspect the late november orders probably won't be fulfilled, but they'll still keep the orders open for now.  they're wishing me luck, and i'm keeping my fingers crossed.  but keep expectations real...

1 hour ago, orbitalharvest said:

oh but yeah, i'm dying to!  i'll be even more chomping at the bit if things are still up in the air when my strike packs come in... :shok:

It's "champing" at the bit.

Yes, it's painful being this pedantic.:rofl:

On 11/29/2019 at 6:31 PM, DYRL VF-1S said:

Just got the NY update. Strike Parts are releasing 12/23 it would seem.

On 11/29/2019 at 6:33 PM, Atomski said:

Capture.JPG.d5b67da58ff43ef59f85180914be90f3.JPG

Same.

On 11/29/2019 at 8:05 PM, canklebreaker said:

Got notification that SSP are releasing a week early.

31 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

An email I got last week from NY said fast packs have been moved to 12/23.

You mean last week as in 11/29?  :fool::p

2 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

oh but yeah, i'm dying to!  i'll be even more chomping at the bit if things are still up in the air when my strike packs come in... :shok:

Just give in and open it :)

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Well hot damn.  I forgot about that and probably would've typed it/said the same.  And I would be the same about my VF-1S.  (Had to make this post DX 1/48 appropriate...haha)

For inquiring minds:

It’s champing at the bit, not chomping at the bit.

chomping vs. champing

This phrase (or idiom) comes from the sport of kings: horse racing. A bit is part of the apparatus that goes in the horse’s mouth and connects to the bridle and reins so the horse can be controlled and directed by the jockey on its back. The bit fits into a toothless ridge of the horse’s mouth, so the horse never really bites the bit. But it can grind his teeth or jaw against the bit, and if it does, it means that the horse is either nervous, or really excited about racing. That’s how the phrase “champing at the bit” entered everyday communications: to indicate extreme eagerness.

https://www.portablepress.com/blog/2014/04/chomping-vs-champing/

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

7 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Well hot damn.  I forgot about that and probably would've typed it/said the same.  And I would be the same about my VF-1S.  (Had to make this post DX 1/48 appropriate...haha)

For inquiring minds:

https://www.portablepress.com/blog/2014/04/chomping-vs-champing/

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

hahaha!  very educational, but yeah ya get the point...  now that we're a bit more enlightened on the origins of sayings and equestrian minutiae... bring me more mech!

1 hour ago, orbitalharvest said:

hahaha!  very educational, but yeah ya get the point...  now that we're a bit more enlightened on the origins of sayings and equestrian minutiae... bring me more mech!

Equestrian mech?:D

Yay got my VF-1S from FromJapan.  Everything looks perfect, minus the reversed 001/100.  The small front landing gear cover (the one that folds open front-ways) is SUPER stiff.  I'm going to have to work that loose as I couldn't deploy the front landing gear, but otherwise everything moves well.

6 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Looks like Mandrake is nearly out of their DX VF-1J stock, all for the low, low price of 35,000 yen, yikes. I guess if you want one for the holidays, that's the best price you can find it for now, so there you go. 

Saw one at Dream continent Nagaoka shop a few weeks ago for 27,000

Oy... you'd think the car in the driveway, the lights on, and the music going on the sound system would have been enough to get the postal worker to try knocking.

NOPE.

Get to pick mine up tomorrow, because they stuck the slip to the door and ran off. :rolleyes: Like, that literally makes zero sense.  They already had to make the trip to my door.. did they just get so lazy they didn't want to grab the box out of their truck?

Edited by Chronocidal

42 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Oy... you'd think the car in the driveway, the lights on, and the music going on the sound system would have been enough to get the postal worker to try knocking.

NOPE.

Get to pick mine up tomorrow, because they stuck the slip to the door and ran off. :rolleyes: Like, that literally makes zero sense.  They already had to make the trip to my door.. did they just get so lazy they didn't want to grab the box out of their truck?

They probably never came to the door. I've caught one of my sub drivers doing that. I knew I had a package coming. They stopped at the mailbox.....then drove by the house. I live in a court. I walked across the court to my neighbors mailbox and waited for the truck. The driver was so intent on covering her tail that she tried lying to me and saying that the box wasn't in there (forgetting she left a pink slip in the mailbox). I literally pointed to the package and said "It's that one right there". She gave it to me. No apology. I didn't think it was worth my time balling her out. She's so far gone a talking to isn't going to change anything.

I had a package delivered by the woman who is in charge of the complaints that some through the PO today. No particular reason, she was just filling in by delivering just packages. I have a couple of signs out front for delivery drivers. She was shaking her head about it being necessary. We talked about how bad the employees are up there and how it's about impossible to fire someone.

41 minutes ago, drumondo said:

I'm wondering when mine is going to turn up. Shipped last Wednesday, got to "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" on the tracking page on Saturday.

No updates for the last couple of days. I'm home today so it's arrival would be a nice surprise.

ya guys probably already know this.  but at least from my experiences in the states, once it's in our regional post offices (or whatever delivery service ya chose), you can more accurately track via the service's app.  usps, fedex, dhl (kinda sucks), ups, etc etc.  even ems numbers will track via the usps app and website.  i know that tracking via the japan post site has verbiage that's somewhat strange (for me to understand at least).

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

He had to, to stick the "We missed you!" slip to my door. :p  I'm guessing he didn't feel like looking for the box.

He didn't want to carry it to the door and wait for you.  

56 minutes ago, sqidd said:

They probably never came to the door. I've caught one of my sub drivers doing that. I knew I had a package coming. They stopped at the mailbox.....then drove by the house. I live in a court. I walked across the court to my neighbors mailbox and waited for the truck. The driver was so intent on covering her tail that she tried lying to me and saying that the box wasn't in there (forgetting she left a pink slip in the mailbox). I literally pointed to the package and said "It's that one right there". She gave it to me. No apology. I didn't think it was worth my time balling her out. She's so far gone a talking to isn't going to change anything.

I had a package delivered by the woman who is in charge of the complaints that some through the PO today. No particular reason, she was just filling in by delivering just packages. I have a couple of signs out front for delivery drivers. She was shaking her head about it being necessary. We talked about how bad the employees are up there and how it's about impossible to fire someone.

Some woman got tired of this and had a camera caught the postman coming to her door with the "missed you" card without even ringing or knocking on the door and without bringing the box.  It went viral and on the news.

11 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

ya guys probably already know this.  but at least from my experiences in the states, once it's in our regional post offices (or whatever delivery service ya chose), you can more accurately track via the service's app.  usps, fedex, dhl (kinda sucks), ups, etc etc.  even ems numbers will track via the usps app and website.  i know that tracking via the japan post site has verbiage that's somewhat strange (for me to understand at least).

Thanks for the tip.  

Got a chance to open mine today.  Haven't transformed it yet, but so far it is as solid as the Max 1A release, maybe even better in terms of production quality (at least on my copy).  There is one exception: I noticed that the HUD/console isn't glued in or anything.  Mine just slide right out when I took the pilot out.  It seems liked it should be glued or something, but maybe not?  Either way, a very minor gripe; it stays put when doing anything other than removing the pilot. And a spot of glue would solve the problem very easily (I probably won't even bother).  Anyone else have this issue with the console?  Is it even a "problem," or is it supposed to be that way?  I checked my TV valks, and the console stays put for them.

IMG_20191202_212915.jpg

IMG_20191202_213056.jpg