Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

My first modification to the DX.

I added optical seeker heads to all of the AA missiles.

It really brings them to life.

518F3F6C-38B0-4C26-A791-B75385E7215A.jpeg

7AD83DA1-B220-4F14-B01F-38697B60F895.jpeg

WOW! That looks amazing. What are you using for them?

Chris

Edited by Dobber

8 hours ago, Syro said:

Hah right? I spent like 45 minutes matching my address to what they said to enter and then checking their "what it should look like" and also translating the individual fields. After it shipped it took about a day and a half for it to show up in my tenso account and then i paid immediately and that was friday at 4 PM Japan time. Shipping EMS fastest plus insurance plus Tenso's fee was $45. Im saving almost 100 cancelling my NY order plus getting it in the next few days instead of whenever the f%%k they get stock in the distant future lol

$45 EMS......nice!:good:

I'm expecting mine to arrive at Tenso Monday. I want to get this Tenso system lined out so I can be confident in the future.

Hi guys, slightly off topic but I realize some small black paint smudge on pre-painted surface of my VF-1S. It’s not really noticeable if you look at it afar but me being picky over an expensive purchase was wondering whether there's any way to safely remove the small paint smudge without having to damage the bottom paint.

And no, this is not the “100” numbering issue I’m referring to here :p

Any tips would be great! Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, spanner said:

QC issues are hugely frustrating and simply inexcusable at this point. How long have they been doing this for? It's definitely not new to them. But hey as long as we keep handing over our hard earned cash is what matters to them I guess. 

<_<

Everything in production has QC issues. Especially stuff where human are involved.

A misprinted tampo or a paint smudge is annoying to be sure, but it’s entirely different  than snapping joints or crumbling plastic. 

the numbering was probably a mistake in a cad file or In programming the machines that do the paint, across the entire run, and someone probably looked at it and said, well, either we sell it or we redo the entire run and delay the release. That’s a business decision. 

Everything is a “qc issue” these days it seems, the term gets thrown around a lot. IMO it really should be reserved for issues that affect the function of the figure - like crumbling plastic or snapping joints on Toynami figures, or the very widespread issue with the Arcadia SV-51 legs, or the snapping gerwalk support bar on the original DX YF-29 release. 

paint smudges suck but they’re not going to make the figure fall apart. 

@Kanzaki can you post a picture? Sometimes you can smooth out a smudge but it’s hard to tell from your description if any of the tricks I know might work. 

5 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

A misprinted tampo or a paint smudge is annoying to be sure, but it’s entirely different  than snapping joints or crumbling plastic. 

the numbering was probably a mistake in a cad file or In programming the machines that do the paint, across the entire run, and someone probably looked at it and said, well, either we sell it or we redo the entire run and delay the release. That’s a business decision. 

Everything is a “qc issue” these days it seems, the term gets thrown around a lot. IMO it really should be reserved for issues that affect the function of the figure - like crumbling plastic or snapping joints on Toynami figures, or the very widespread issue with the Arcadia SV-51 legs, or the snapping gerwalk support bar on the original DX YF-29 release. 

paint smudges suck but they’re not going to make the figure fall apart. 

@Kanzaki can you post a picture? Sometimes you can smooth out a smudge but it’s hard to tell from your description if any of the tricks I know might work. 

I don’t have the valk with me right now, but it seems to be a little black smudge on the red color part of the chest plate. 

@jeniusornome agreed

Defects have to be major before the seller or cc is responsible.  Was the toy so broken that they sold you a lemon?  Minor errors or blemishes are dealt with differently by different companies.  Some companies offer a replacement if you paid a premium for a mint and it was graded as a mint.  In most cases, they won't do much.  In this DX market, it's hard to get a valk, so sellers aren't going to find a replacement for a discontinued item.  You decide whether the defect is so broken that you'd return it.

Broken shoulders on a transforming toy is major.  Paint errors aren't, though since we pay a lot of cash you'd expect the paint to be better

If it's used and was sold as new, that's a problem you can also complain about.

Are there any missile effects that would scale with these? If not, do you think they’ll release any in the future? I saw some for the Hi-Metal R line that look really good.

Also received my 2nd unit.

Think I need another missile set to customize. Any leads on those?

4DC141DC-6D1F-44BF-93CF-5CCA15165747.jpeg

Edited by canklebreaker

came back from a lil vacation a couple of days ago, and this was at the door.  was a bit nervous with mykombini being my first time ordering from them (and their site going down for maintenance during early delivery days).  but it worked out great!  got here faster than i thought i had paid for too!  also noticed, it looks like the 001 - 100's were done right for the marketing / box art images...
IMG_5578.thumb.jpeg.904698a7a8945f6f580b06645b5f694f.jpegIMG_5577.thumb.jpeg.1b832f5c7eaa4d4b8139100ece0c1149.jpegIMG_5576.thumb.jpeg.2314b02d3d7dac13ec85bf4acd88fceb.jpegIMG_5575.thumb.jpeg.2f7063f321bc843880488fb28d732ac6.jpegIMG_5574.thumb.jpeg.88a9f0711d56a07ecc6254ce3ef170d8.jpegIMG_5573.thumb.jpeg.3d3f246230528ff7aeebd44ae748e093.jpegIMG_5571.thumb.jpeg.710c92822a4c632b5ba421635d302f74.jpegIMG_5570.thumb.jpeg.49f5c60bf2a3f02d9ae38915964a1fbb.jpeg