Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

More pics, less talk about these shops and just buy from whoever you want. :p

NY has a no cancellation or return policy, that’s it. The Valk in question with the severe defects is a 1J that was bought when it originally came out and just now opened if I’m not mistaken. There are very few if any US retailers that would cover a purchase from that long ago. 

That is correct. I just opened it. I don't want to do a CC claim since i have stuff on order from them for over 900+ USD$ because i will get banned. Can't deal with that hassle in my life at the moment. I have accepted that it's defective and will display it in fighter only, i have another VF-1J that's perfectly fine and i am thinking of buying the third one. At least i have enough of spare parts :)

On another note, Finally got a shipment notification for my VF-1S that i pre-ordered on ebay :yahoo: Think i'm gonna buy another one on Buyee aswell :crazy:

3 hours ago, Ipsquitch said:

As far as I can tell, that's only if you order off Mercari. Still a great deal if you can find what you're looking for there at a price comparable to YJA.

Hey, one just auction off for 24000yen an hour ago. Guess the price is really dropping.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/o358815303#group=nogroup&photo=0

Yap, once. For 25000yen exclude shipping at AJ. Sold out.

V

Edited by Tenbatsu

11 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

I have been checking occasionally but haven’t seen one. There was a seller that a lot of us got tha Max VF-1A from and they’re not shipping internationally either this time. 

Can you go through From Japan and have them source from Amazon? I'm not thrilled with the auction thing.

I am thankful for you all here at Macross World and this site which has existed for 2 decades now. And despite the protests of many, I am thankful for Robotech, which lead me here to the original and much better Macross those many decades ago. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it. And to the rest, stay classy! Yes I know this "Isn't the place for this post" but I wasn't gonna start a new one.

47 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Can you go through From Japan and have them source from Amazon? I'm not thrilled with the auction thing.

From Japan used to have amazon as a seller but I don’t think you can place an order through them anymore. 

I created an account with a forwarding service; so I have a Japanese address for products that amazon will not ship internationally. 

Once the forwarding service has the package they ship it to you for a small fee. 

2 hours ago, Tenbatsu said:

Hey, one just auction off for 24000yen an hour ago. Guess the price is really dropping.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/o358815303#group=nogroup&photo=0

Yap, once. For 25000yen exclude shipping at AJ. Sold out.

V

This is promising.

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

I don't really like auction sites. You can order off Amazon Japan when they don't ship internationally if you use a forwarding service like Tenso which will provide you with an address in Japan in order to catch your orders and then they notify you and you select how to process/forward to your home address here. Their site advertises for Buyee but when I tried to make an account for Buyee it had an error immediately after I provided my credit card info and wouldn't allow me to login. I had to put in a ticket to have my account fixed which took 2 weeks. Yeah- no thanks buyee.

Edited by Syro
whoops

21 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Hey, Since NY seem to have shipped my Valk! I just want to let you guys know that my 2nd pre order for DX VF-1S will be automatically cancel on November 29th at 7h am JST on Amiami web site, the price is almost MSRP 19,500 yen, good luck

That was over an hour ago. Do you mean 7 pm or Dec 1? Thanks!

Got home and opened mine. Messed up tampo on the stabilizer of course. I do like the bigger pilot figure which looks so much better than the microscopic pilot included with the TV releases. Can't tell if it's actually the proper scale as I don't have an old Yamato 1/48 pilot to compare it to, but it doesn't throw the scale completely out of whack like the previous releases.

Ewww @ the unpainted landing gear. That's going to be the first thing to go, as usual.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

That was over an hour ago. Do you mean 7 pm or Dec 1? Thanks!

Yes, you are right, it was an hour ago, I thought JST was +12 hrs, but apparently it’s +14 hrs compared to EST, (my payment due date deadline was 7h am JST November 29) but I still didn’t get the Amiami cancellation noticed, so they might reopen the preorder shortly! And the order is still in my unshipped order tab...

And my preorder price was 18,790 yen plus shipping... 21,180 yen with Shipping SAL

Edited by Lockdown

22 hours ago, canklebreaker said:

Is it weird that I’m paranoid in handling/transforming the figure in fear of damaging it?

I was years ago.  The golden rule is to rotate and move joints as close to the joint itself as you can.  For example: if you want to lift the arm, don’t grab it by the hand and lift, turn it by the shoulder.  

but as the other member stated, the VF-1 is solid.  Enjoy it.

It’s normal to feel the way you do when you drop $300 and know in your heart that if it breaks you likely can’t get another one.  

Don’t get like me, I’ve let my fear of ruining valks lead me to buying two of every release so the Tyler Durden in me is always ok

“ no matter what, I’ve got That lime green stripe couch situation checked off”

Edited by Ridden001

50 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Yes, you are right, it was an hour ago, I thought JST was +12 hrs, but apparently it’s +14 hrs compared to EST, (my payment due date deadline was 7h am JST November 29) but I still didn’t get the Amiami cancellation noticed, so they might reopen the preorder shortly! And the order is still in my unshipped order tab...

And my preorder price was 18,790 yen plus shipping... 21,180 yen with Shipping SAL

Cool! I will try my best. Hope someone here gets it either way. Thanks!

22 hours ago, F360 said:

Woohoo , I plan to snack on 1 after transforming each mode.  3 is just enough for me to transform back to fighter so I can put it back in the box .:yahoo:

Don’t forget to wash your hand everytime you finish one Kitkat.

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Got home and opened mine. Messed up tampo on the stabilizer of course. I do like the bigger pilot figure which looks so much better than the microscopic pilot included with the TV releases. Can't tell if it's actually the proper scale as I don't have an old Yamato 1/48 pilot to compare it to, but it doesn't throw the scale completely out of whack like the previous releases.

Ewww @ the unpainted landing gear. That's going to be the first thing to go, as usual.

Interesting that Bandai did this with the HMR  and the DX.  I guess the TV VF-1 is a different size than the DYRL VF-1.

50 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

It seems that there are alot of cancellation going on atm. VF-1S weekly ranking in Hobby Search jumped from no.4 to No.1.

Weekly ranking is by the number of visits to the item page .   It just shows there’s a lot of people looking at that item page , most likely refreshing very 1 minute , 5 minute , etc .   

5 minutes ago, F360 said:

Weekly ranking is by the number of visits to the item page .   It just shows there’s a lot of people looking at that item page , most likely refreshing very 1 minute , 5 minute , etc .   

I see, thanks for the heads up. As it stated that it's the ranking for selling the most hence am not very sure.

"Anime Robot/SFX Weekly Ranking Selling the most (Updated at 10:00 and 22:00 (GMT-5))"

Edited by Tenbatsu