Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 hours ago, lavinrac said:

The folks you have to deal with to get this done seem shady to me.. I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to do some kind of negotiation with a vendor months before a release to hold some stock. I have no idea, just throwing out a random thought.

These online sites dont really take that as an option since if they offer it, everyone would simply jump on the list. It might be good though if you are in Japan and if you have an established rapport with the Brick and Mortar toys there.

I dont really agree on using bots but the recent experience on securing PO for Macross Toys is really bad that I will also jump on bot tech if it need be.

2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

AE has them up already for anyone interested:  http://www.anime-export.com/product/45848

I just did a PO though them,. First time with them. Do they contact you when it's ready to ship, you get your options, then pay at that time for shipping?

Thanks!

Edited by sqidd

I have an order in at N-Y placed at 2019-06-07 09:37:32 (their time) for two strike packs. I'll be at a different address near the end of the year but back at my regular address next year. What are the chances my order will be delivered as part of the December batch as opposed to the April batch, let alone be delivered before the end of the year? 

5 hours ago, That one dude said:

Also it's a really interesting video with the background choices for the designs for the strike pack.

The design for the DX strike pack, or the design for the original one they drew in the 80s? If the former, did they say why it was hollow with no engine detail?

44 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just did a PO though them,. First time with them. Do they contact you when it's ready to ship, you get your options, then pay at that time for shipping?

Thanks!

Yup! You got it. And they seem to control inventory a bit better than N-Y’s model (though I did get two of my missile sets from them on the previous release).

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Thanks!

Beyond the answer you already got, AE also has an “indefinite” private warehouse feature. You can leave your order with them until you decide to ship and collect and combine as many orders as makes sense to you. I’ve had things there for over a year before I shipped and they came just like new. I get some people worry about leaving things too long so whatever you are comfortable with, they seem to accommodate. 

3 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

The design for the DX strike pack, or the design for the original one they drew in the 80s?

The original design philosophy for the animation was discussed -- the function of the FAST packs, their mounting points, direction of thrust, etc.

9 minutes ago, Arkham said:

I'm not ordering from AE until they ship (or reply) regarding the SV-51 leg

Yeah, they've gone from a favorite of mine to "if all else fails" in quick order. For something like the missile set, it's unlikely you'd need customer support though.

14 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Anyone else have them up for PO yet? I haven't run across anything.

looks at 3 post above yours. ^    . people will post if they see more store listing them

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/34697-macross-vf-1-compatible-missile-set-limited-edition-dx-chogokin-.html

Also ,officially preorder starts 11-15-19 (1600 jst) on the p-bandai site, and that is where everyone will be preordering from including the stores like a-e, n-y. etc and anywhere else you see it posted for sale.

18 minutes ago, F360 said:

looks at 3 post above yours. ^    . people will post if they see more store listing them

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/34697-macross-vf-1-compatible-missile-set-limited-edition-dx-chogokin-.html

Also ,officially preorder starts 11-15-19 (1600 jst) on the p-bandai site, and that is where everyone will be preordering from including the stores like a-e, n-y. etc and anywhere else you see it posted for sale.

Thank you. Apparently I can't read.:crazy:

I went ahead and nabbed four sets, I'm not missing out again. I plan on only getting Vermillion and a Roy 1S, preferably TV colored to go with Vermillion, and I want a full set for all four valks. Plan was italicized because I'm a weak ass when it comes to not buying more then I planned, I didn't even plan on getting a single DX, now I have the 1A Max and 1J Hikaru. 

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

I went ahead and nabbed four sets, I'm not missing out again. I plan on only getting Vermillion and a Roy 1S, preferably TV colored to go with Vermillion, and I want a full set for all four valks. Plan was italicized because I'm a weak ass when it comes to not buying more then I planned, I didn't even plan on getting a single DX, now I have the 1A Max and 1J Hikaru. 

This was my plan, as well, although I already have Hiky's 1S on order so...I'm doomed.:ph34r: Anyway, I have 3 missile sets from the first run and needed to grab an extra set to make it an even four. Now to wait anxiously, hoping that Bandai can keep their focus just a smidge longer and get the other two TV guys out before going full DYRL (as teased).

Edited by technoblue