Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 minutes ago, borgified said:

I have a funny feeling that Hikaru's DX 1s (and other related items) will be heavily displayed at the Tamashii Nations exhibit this weekend.

Well see if there is anymore teased items in the pipeline.

Will be there in two weeks!  What are the chances they will actually have anything for sale?

ETA:  $hit, I just checked there hours.  I'm going to be there on a Monday morning, but they're not open until 12pm.....and it might be some sort of national holiday that weekend so who knows if their hours will be affected.

Edited by peter

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

@Lolicon

do us a favor a reshoot all your weathered Valks when you got a DSLR :yahoo:

If that is still being shot handheld, a cheapo tripod will help a lot, together with Manual or semi auto exposure (set the ISO to lowest)

That's the plan. :) Been looking at different entry level DSLRs to see which is best for a tightwad like myself.

When I see pics from the masters like @Saburo or @Kuma Style I think "man, my pics look like dog crap." :lol:

21 hours ago, sh9000 said:

58CB94B5-61F3-43EA-8E8D-349833474EF3.png.4c5ba8f86866c65efad48beaa361c0ea.png

Would this count?

I guess...  The twist is on the fuselage and chest though.  Not on the tip of the nose cone near the hips like in the DX.  Thanks for the pix.  I might as well watch the whole series and movie again.  :)

12 hours ago, Lolicon said:

That's the plan. :) Been looking at different entry level DSLRs to see which is best for a tightwad like myself.

When I see pics from the masters like @Saburo or @Kuma Style I think "man, my pics look like dog crap." :lol:

But your Valk is so sweet. So your photo looks so nice.

Maybe that is the reason for getting even better results with a "better" camera. If you don't mind used, there are a lot of good value lightly used DSLR (or mirrorless such as the Sony A6000) that you can find for below $300 with a simple lens.

I can also recommend some very nice old manual focus lens that can be easily adapted to the A6000 via a cheap adaptor ($15).

A lot of people argue that spending some cash on lighting will be much more important than the camera.

37 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Are you saying someone can walk in a store in Japan and pick them up for......what kind of money?

I bought one from a user on Facebook for $270. He stated that he got 2 units for 24.000 Yen each. Picked up by a friend of his in store somewhere in Japan. That was 13 day's ago. And i received the package on Monday. All good.

Edited by theraiden

2 hours ago, theraiden said:

I bought one from a user on Facebook for $270. He stated that he got 2 units for 24.000 Yen each. Picked up by a friend of his in store somewhere in Japan. That was 13 day's ago. And i received the package on Monday. All good.

:good:

9 hours ago, theraiden said:

ok so how to find this source on facebook? I looked and don't see it