Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

On 10/4/2019 at 1:19 PM, Kuma Style said:

Just refresh as the file's already replaced and it's fixed.

I just noticed that the mistake is on FB.

https://facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTIyNjAyNTE0NzU5NDU1MzoxMTgxMTU2NDAyMDgxNDE4

https://facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTEwMDAwODg2MDQ3MTgwNzpWSzoyNDY5OTA5MDE5ODkwNzU0

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Yea the FB I can't replace since it's uploaded to their servers just the direct, hi res links.

8 hours ago, F360 said:

Remember when Dx-vf1a max tv was sold out super quick on preorder night ? And then someone posted a link to a new store that still have the preorder open at msrp and below? Even have good shipping rate? 

well , item arrived couple of days ago but I wasn’t able  pick it up until the weekends .  Good packaging , shipped out on the 19th  with tracking.  

Thank you for posting the link to a new reliable store for my Macross addiction :drinks:

Oops almost forgot to post the link for the store  https://okini.land/en/

CA9810A1-2AB0-4A28-B288-BDDA92B1F3BD.thumb.jpeg.fa85e92754b89f36309367e752a0b3d3.jpeg

I was actually the one to post that. Glad it worked out for ya! 

Unfortunately, it seemed to have bit me for announcing it here cuz on PO night his stock was quickly gone for 1S and I missed out on that one! Haha

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

16 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I was actually the one to post that. Glad it worked out for ya! 

Unfortunately, it seemed to have bit me for announcing it here cuz on PO night his stock was quickly gone for 1S and I missed out on that one! Haha

1s was gone super fast everywhere else too , so it could very well be from their already established returning customers . I was still unsure of the site at the time so I was more focus on the usual sites .  

Nope, wasn’t able to get a vf-1s from Okini either.

@DYRL VF-1S thx for sharing :drinks:,  hopefully more vf-1s will open up at release date 

52 minutes ago, F360 said:

1s was gone super fast everywhere else too , so it could very well be from their already established returning customers . I was still unsure of the site at the time so I was more focus on the usual sites .  

Nope, wasn’t able to get a vf-1s from Okini either.

@DYRL VF-1S thx for sharing :drinks:,  hopefully more vf-1s will open up at release date 

My pleasure! All kidding aside, I’d rather help out the community when I can. I passed on a 2nd Max when I posted that to give others a chance that missed it on PO night. It all worked out because I was able to snag from AJ direct at release. Things come full circle in life often times.

It’s a good crew here. Now, those of us who missed MSRP for 1S can be on the hunt soon! It’s a game for me. I paid 1st wave markup at NY as a safety net but still keeping hope alive that I can snag one at release though odds are against us!

Received only VF-1A Max earlier in the week, but I was a little slow and hesitant (and busy with NYCC) to check for the shoulder issue and glad to say mine did not have the issue. I own three VF-1J Hikarus but never opened them and wow, Max's VF-1A was a dream to handle! I may have to crack open one of my VF-1Js to swoosh around. XD

25 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Received only VF-1A Max earlier in the week, but I was a little slow and hesitant (and busy with NYCC) to check for the shoulder issue and glad to say mine did not have the issue. I own three VF-1J Hikarus but never opened them and wow, Max's VF-1A was a dream to handle! I may have to crack open one of my VF-1Js to swoosh around. XD

What's the shoulder issue?

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Oh jeez. More stuff to check. Thanks.

A million times better than MP-44. That shiz was ridiculous. Thank God for AJ. I waited for an exchange cuz of the knees only to get one with a backpack issue. Had to Frankenstein it for the perfect bot.

I haven’t seen this as a mass issue for Max. Anyone here get bum shoulders on him?

4 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

I'm curious, how come you own three and haven't opened at least one of them?

I don’t know about anyone else but I have more opened toys that I know what to do with. Then I have more unopened toys than I have opened ones. But yeah, I opened my DX 1J and 1A as soon as I got those. Couldn’t resist. 

47 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

I'm curious, how come you own three and haven't opened at least one of them?

When was the VF-1J released again? End of Dec 2018? I was enrolled in a full-time certification course 9-5 and it required additional evening hours after work on projects and homework/study. IIRC When the first of the VF-1Js arrived mid January (from HLJ) I was in full swing for preparing for my cert. I opened that box to check that they sent me the correct item, but I didn't open the VF-1J itself and put it on the side. I got the second shipment from Amiami at the end of that week fri/sat (iirc they limited the VF-1Js that time 3per customer, I pre-ordered 2). My cert exam was first thing that coming Monday.

Good news was that I got my cert, was on the hunt for work, other R/L stuff and completely forgot about the VF-1Js from Amiami. It wasn't until almost two months later (maybe mid-end February?), I saw a box in the pile of my living room and was like what's this? Opened it and I was like oh damn! But yes I left them unopened at that point because I saw that value had sky rocketed and I don't have my display cases up yet. XD

@Slave IV

So do I. But I've come to realize that with the more recent purchases I haven't gotten around to opening lately. Oh and model kits! I've been working on lots of model kits and tinkering around with my 3d printer! XD

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I also often don't open stuff immediately when it arrives at my door. I have 2x sets of 31 armors that have yet to be opened, among other things. Still haven't opened my 19Fs or 17Ds yet. I bought the 19s in 2017. :wacko:

I do make a point to open and check the DX VF-1s immediately now after getting Bandai'ed on one of my 1J s. Same with Arcadia, after the 0 leg debacle. 

Now that I think about it, I guess I'm the same but with board games and miniatures...my collection of Legion, 40K, Bolt Action, Flames of War, etc that I have left to paint is ridiculous; not to mention all the cool board games I bought to play with my wife and daughter, many of which haven't been opened.  Sort of went crazy the past couple of years when I rediscovered the hobby.  We only had Risk, Monopoly, and the occasional cool game like HeroQuest/Space Hulk and Car Wars when I was growing up, so the explosion of cool board games over the past little while has been hard to resist. :)

I hear it is a common thing for software developers to want to build something concrete...so that's my excuse.  Now I've got a LOT to build and paint and sometimes it feels overwhelming haha.

I'm trying not to go nuts with these Macross toys...you guys don't make it easy with all your pictures. :D

Edited by Digitalfiend

49 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

When was the VF-1J released again? End of Dec 2018? I was enrolled in a full-time certification course 9-5 and it required additional evening hours after work on projects and homework/study. IIRC When the first of the VF-1Js arrived mid January (from HLJ) I was in full swing for preparing for my cert. I opened that box to check that they sent me the correct item, but I didn't open the VF-1J itself and put it on the side. I got the second shipment from Amiami at the end of that week fri/sat (iirc they limited the VF-1Js that time 3per customer, I pre-ordered 2). My cert exam was first thing that coming Monday.

Good news was that I got my cert, was on the hunt for work, other R/L stuff and completely forgot about the VF-1Js from Amiami. It wasn't until almost two months later (maybe mid-end February?), I saw a box in the pile of my living room and was like what's this? Opened it and I was like oh damn! But yes I left them unopened at that point because I saw that value had sky rocketed and I don't have my display cases up yet. XD

@Slave IV

So do I. But I've come to realize that with the more recent purchases I haven't gotten around to opening lately. Oh and model kits! I've been working on lots of model kits and tinkering around with my 3d printer! XD

Haha, I have at least four large boxes full of model kits I haven't built yet. All of them are Star Wars figures.

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, I have at least four large boxes full of model kits I haven't built yet. All of them are Star Wars figures.

Hahaha, then you're like Star Wars with how I am with Gundam and other mecha, LOL. I love star wars but I had to stop at 1/6th, regular figurine collectibles years ago. I was just lucky I spared myself from star wars model kits. XD

5 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Hahaha, then you're like Star Wars with how I am with Gundam and other mecha, LOL. I love star wars but I had to stop at 1/6th, regular figurine collectibles years ago. I was just lucky I spared myself from star wars model kits. XD

Yeah, I just think Bandai did a great job on those kits. They end up being better than even SHF Figures when you finish them. I need to do the 1/6 Stormtrooper kit soon though.

10 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

A million times better than MP-44. That shiz was ridiculous. Thank God for AJ. I waited for an exchange cuz of the knees only to get one with a backpack issue. Had to Frankenstein it for the perfect bot.

I like having MP-44 in my collection but I have to agree that release was a mess made even more insulting due to the price. The voice box on my mine worked great at first. Now I need to cycle it for like 5 minutes before it finally starts reciting complete lines. 

The DX shoulder issue seems like an isolated incident. Has there been more than one report?

14 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

How come you guys always have good eyes? Keeps finding issues from new toys...:p

1 hour ago, Tallman said:

How come you guys always have good eyes? Keeps finding issues from new toys...:p

Haha, well part of the problem is how difficult it is to replace them if there is something wrong. Not like you can go to the local shop and exchange unless you’re from Japan. Most of these e-trailers won’t do much to help you. AJ is the best IMO but still a PITA and expensive to do while you wait for a refund for shipping.

36 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Not like you can go to the local shop and exchange unless you’re from Japan.

Actually, exchanges are often difficult even in Japan... and refunds are almost unheard of, unless it's an American company (like Toys 'R' Us).

You've gotta fight tooth-and-nail to get that kind of service from a retailer.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Actually, exchanges are often difficult even in Japan... and refunds are almost unheard of, unless it's an American company (like Toys 'R' Us).

You've gotta fight tooth-and-nail to get that kind of service from a retailer.

Wow. Great perspective. Also explains why AJ is decent about it.