Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, theraiden said:

Looks like Hikaru left his fly open :D Awsome pictures Kuma!

I was going to mention that because it was more apparent on the computer.

371AB6A3-F542-4A1A-89F3-88668EA491C2.thumb.jpeg.8713b8e41f94129bc323be49ce412c28.jpeg

Welcoming the DX to the Max club.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

That was quick! Very nice!

Thank you, sir! It's a real time saver when most of the markings are already printed on. :D I still had to add a few more decals to complete the look, though most of them are for fighter mode.

A few more pics in the hangar. I'm going to need a third and maybe fourth FEXT hangar with how big the 1/48s are!

1857612882_VF-1AMaxTV12.thumb.jpg.89d3e560594064d7970e5510e35a7ce4.jpg

1850755468_VF-1AMaxTV13.thumb.jpg.99d724517a7b4afb71792bfb8d198a8a.jpg

1069026007_VF-1AMaxTV14.thumb.jpg.cdddb8d93996948bb894a9dd802398e1.jpg

Same pic, but with the overhead hangar light on. Which one do you guys prefer?

1609149657_VF-1AMaxTV14a.thumb.jpg.d095567d7175e7dd8fbda1d32e2a18bb.jpg

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Thank you, sir! It's a real time saver when most of the markings are already printed on. :D I still had to add a few more decals to complete the look, though most of them are for fighter mode.

A few more pics in the hangar. I'm going to need a third and maybe fourth FEXT hangar with how big the 1/48s are!

1857612882_VF-1AMaxTV12.thumb.jpg.89d3e560594064d7970e5510e35a7ce4.jpg

1850755468_VF-1AMaxTV13.thumb.jpg.99d724517a7b4afb71792bfb8d198a8a.jpg

1069026007_VF-1AMaxTV14.thumb.jpg.cdddb8d93996948bb894a9dd802398e1.jpg

Same pic, but with the overhead hangar light on. Which one do you guys prefer?

1609149657_VF-1AMaxTV14a.thumb.jpg.d095567d7175e7dd8fbda1d32e2a18bb.jpg

I love those translucent pieces. The way they defract light is perfect. Makes the pics look like high end drawn art.

My VF-1A (Jenius) from amazon.co.jp just arrived today. Should have been delivered much earlier as it was shipped Tuesday and was already in North America hubs Wednesday but it seems customs took their sweet time inspecting the package (seems to have been opened as there's a Customs tape)

IMG_20191004_183347.jpg

Just now, pafy6285 said:

My VF-1A (Jenius) from amazon.co.jp just arrived today. Should have been delivered much earlier as it was shipped Tuesday and was already in North America hubs Wednesday but it seems customs took their sweet time inspecting the package (seems to have been opened as there's a Customs tape)

I think NY shipped mine in Battloid mode. It must be walking all the way here from Japan.

Edited by vlenhoff

34 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I think NY shipped mine in Battloid mode. It must be walking all the way to my place.

Or Ger-walking.

See what I did there?8)

I'm here all week ladies and gentlemen. Tip your waitress. Try the veal. Don't be drinking and driving after the show tonight...

16 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Or Ger-walking.

See what I did there?8)

I'm here all week ladies and gentlemen. Tip your waitress. Try the veal. Don't be drinking and driving after the show tonight...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

haha

1287233604_giphy(1).gif.5a298d4cf2d25bedf3b546fe5fd3959b.gif

Edited by seti88

Har Har :lol:

I'm debating how many more super and strike part sets I should get. I have 2 already and was thinking maybe just another 2. I don't know the road map with this line,  you would think Bandai would just go hard and release anything they can...

Just now, RED WOLF said:

300734199_Max2.jpg.37f911a2d71b6ccc1c8b820105a05647.jpg

This would have been cool to see in the show. Max grabbing a gun from a fallen soldier, and see him slinging them around the battlefield!

I still wonder why the HMR and the 1/60 V2 have the UN SPACY upside down. 

Edited by vlenhoff

35 minutes ago, Loop said:

Har Har :lol:

I'm debating how many more super and strike part sets I should get. I have 2 already and was thinking maybe just another 2. I don't know the road map with this line,  you would think Bandai would just go hard and release anything they can...

They probably will , you can wait til they post the deadline for the 2nd batch before your final decision.   I actually preorder a bit more than originally plan due to using 2 proxy just in case one of them fail .   So I’m all set for the whole family and cousins :lol:

Transformed the VF-1A TV Max to Battroid mode for the first time.  Very smooth and quick transformation.  As a fan of the HMR VF-1, to me the DX is like an oversized HMR with all of the details and features not possible for the HMR because of its size.  I love both the DX and HMR VF-1.  I just wish this had more TV hands.

17 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

This would have been cool to see in the show. Max grabbing a gun from a fallen soldier, and see him slinging them around the battlefield!

Yes, exactly! I always wondered why they didnt have/use two blasters. Max would have been the Doc Holiday (Kilmer) of Macross - double fisted revolvers.

I finally broke down and ordered the Strike Parts set, due to come in Dec 2019 (first batch).  Cost me more than I think it is worth, but I'm starting to realize that's how things go in this Bandai/Macross market if you don't get in on the actual pre-order mayhem.  If I don't end up with a VF-1S, at least I can use it on my Max.  I wish I'd found out about the new VF-1 line sooner as I would have grabbed a VF-1J as well - but I'm not buying one now at ~$400-$450 CAD, before shipping. Ugh.

I'm really torn whether to wait until near the VF-1S release date and see if I can snag one at near PO pricing or just bite the bullet and grab a resale PO at a $100 markup.

Edited by Digitalfiend

58 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

When it's slung underneath the fighter it's right side up.

1 hour ago, F360 said:

They probably will , you can wait til they post the deadline for the 2nd batch before your final decision.   I actually preorder a bit more than originally plan due to using 2 proxy just in case one of them fail .   So I’m all set for the whole family and cousins :lol:

I guess enough for Skull Squadron would be OK. Do we know if they will ever release the TV version set?

With regards to the gunpods and UN spacy:

I've been staring at these for the past 5 minutes (HMR, v2 1/60, 1/48 DX), and as far as I can tell it is three different approaches.

1.  HMR: In fighter mode it is always upside-down from both sides.  When held in the hand (gerwalk, battroid) it will be correct and readable left to right on both sides.

2. DX 1/48: This will always be right-side-up and readable left-to-right when in fighter mode and attached underneath.  This applies to both sides in fighter mode.  It will always be upside/backwards when held in the hand in gerwalk/fighter, regardless of which side you are looking at.

3. v2 1/60: They split the difference between the first two.  One side is correct in fighter mode, one side is correct when held in the hand.

What is anime accurate?  I have no idea.  The 1/60 approach makes the most sense to me.

24 minutes ago, Loop said:

I guess enough for Skull Squadron would be OK. Do we know if they will ever release the TV version set?

No info on that but if they continue to release tv valks , then I’m sure they will do a TV set , maybe even include missiles.

unless they just want to release them as combo sets like vf-1j M and M .