Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

27 minutes ago, Duymon said:

I think it's just rando newspaper advertisements for some electronics-related stuff. NY packing is really rando. Most of my packages from NY come in nice green bubblewrap , but once in a while it gets packed with JP newspaper stuff which is always a surprise.

What is J-oke?!?

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Is this a reference flyer to the next Zero release?

35 minutes ago, Duymon said:

I think it's just rando newspaper advertisements for some electronics-related stuff. NY packing is really rando. Most of my packages from NY come in nice green bubblewrap , but once in a while it gets packed with JP newspaper stuff which is always a surprise.

Yeah apparently Google Translate says it’s to learn how to use iPhone/iPad and Android. Classes are at some local school. Haha. 

7 hours ago, spanner said:

Oh! Be sure to show us your work when done!

Sure thing!

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I personally think they both look gorgeous. To me the legs look better on the 1/60, while the knees and intake area take the price for the Bandai 1/48. You can't beat the amount of tampo on the 1/48, but with a little patience you can get close with stickers on the 1/60. I prefer the feet on thw 1/60 as well. BTW is that just a seam on the Bandai, or is it the foot design. Good panel lining & weathering on the 1/60 @Lolicon!

Thanks! I'll apply the same care to the 1/48. Need those ejection seat markings!

21 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I disagree, i still think they look gorgeous. 

They are still lovely things. I wonder if Arcadia will ever consider a version 3? On the whole they are still a well engineered toy even after all these years and the later versions were an improvement but there is definitely still room forimprovement. 

On 10/1/2019 at 7:29 AM, MKT said:

Agreed.. Nice one @Slave IV!

Also happen to think the VF-1 has the best looking gerwalk mode of all valks.

+1

18 hours ago, sqidd said:

Meanwhile, mine is still in Amazon shipping limbo.:cray:

Max.jpg

still waiting

18 hours ago, jenius said:

Mine updated from showing the 4th as the expected date received to the 14th.

still

15 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I personally think they both look gorgeous. To me the legs look better on the 1/60, while the knees and intake area take the price for the Bandai 1/48. You can't beat the amount of tampo on the 1/48, but with a little patience you can get close with stickers on the 1/60. I prefer the feet on thw 1/60 as well. BTW is that just a seam on the Bandai, or is it the foot design. Good panel lining & weathering on the 1/60 @Lolicon!

I like both and still keep both the 1/48 and 1/60 yammies.  The legs on the 1/60 are slimmer, and Bandai went with the Yammie 1/48 leg chunky proportions.  I like the 1/48 size and the DX gerwalk mode which is the most aggressive A stance to date.  The 1/60 was very aggressive compared to the 1/48 yammie A stance, but the ankles on the Dx are better for posing.  I noticed the seam on the metal feet of the DX too, and they are annoying.  Others on the board mentioned that they think the seam line is from the metal mold process.  I like the smooth feet on the yammies.  

14 hours ago, sh9000 said:

82338910-3C00-4583-A815-8560369D37E7.thumb.jpeg.65cfbbca70bca6749d9497ec50842042.jpeg

Picked up my first one.  Can’t wait to put it in some poses.

Can't wait, mine's in the mail

1 hour ago, Tenbatsu said:

New to the DX line, any suggestions on how to open the front landing gear of the 1A? Had a really hard time.

You can buy a part separator for model kits (it looks like a plastic spatula, or just use your nails.

Edited by beatsing

My $199 AJ order is coming on Thursday as well :yahoo:

Nice considering I paid almost $400 for the previous one on the aftermarket (ebay charging state tax now sucks). I have a $500+ prepaid order in at NY for the next one and two sets of armor. 

Edited by totallyjem

24 minutes ago, totallyjem said:

So should I purchase a set or two of missiles now at around 90 or wait for the reissue and try and stock up?

If you have the patience, definitely wait.  I paid around $80 shipped for two missile sets because I got them on pre-order.  Most (including me) feel they were overpriced even at $40 a set for what you get.  $90 for one set is ridiculous.

The secondary market prices should start coming down as we approach the second missile wave.  So if you can't wait until then, at least wait like... half the time.  They'll probably be around $60ish a set 6 months from now.

But some people have more money than patience, so ultimately it's up to you.  Just be prepared to be underwhelmed at $90 a set...

53 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

If you have the patience, definitely wait.  I paid around $80 shipped for two missile sets because I got them on pre-order.  Most (including me) feel they were overpriced even at $40 a set for what you get.  $90 for one set is ridiculous.

The secondary market prices should start coming down as we approach the second missile wave.  So if you can't wait until then, at least wait like... half the time.  They'll probably be around $60ish a set 6 months from now.

But some people have more money than patience, so ultimately it's up to you.  Just be prepared to be underwhelmed at $90 a set...

Thanks I'll probably just wait and hope to get in on the pre-order price.

On 9/30/2019 at 9:46 PM, Roy Focker said:

Wow!

This new Max makes Max's 1/60 like a piece of cat poop.  Maybe that's too harsh.  The 1/60 just looks odd now in battroid mode.

Oh and DHL delivered it to the wrong address.  A senior citizen couple that lives next door.

Um... to each his own. I love my 1/60 V2's. But maybe i'm just jealous that I didn't get any of these Bandai releases. Cause my Yamato 1/48 is a sloppy mess. I hate it. I just love their size. 

And I am not paying the inflated prices for these. So I guess I'm SOL.

Edited by vt102
Added

17 minutes ago, jenius said:

These should be super easy to PO when they go up, patience should pay off big.

What about the Super Parts set ... will that be re-released at some point?  I was thinking of grabbing one from someone that got in on the first wave and is delivering in Dec.   It's just hard to justify $150 CAD.

I'm still torn on whether to snag a resale PO or wait until November and desperately try and grab one from HS or Anime Export - though I suspect the AE price will probably be the same or higher than the resale POs that are listed now.  Decisions, decisions!

Edited by Digitalfiend

30 minutes ago, vt102 said:

And I am not paying the inflated prices for these. So I guess I'm SOL.

Just a FYI, there was quite a while there where you could get a Max 1A shipped through Amazon Japan for less than I paid for my HLJ pre-order with shipping.

2 hours ago, Digitalfiend said:

What about the Super Parts set ... will that be re-released at some point?  I was thinking of grabbing one from someone that got in on the first wave and is delivering in Dec.   It's just hard to justify $150 CAD.

I'm still torn on whether to snag a resale PO or wait until November and desperately try and grab one from HS or Anime Export - though I suspect the AE price will probably be the same or higher than the resale POs that are listed now.  Decisions, decisions!

The 2nd batch for the super parts is in April of 2020 .  So if you want to pay msrp then I would suggest you preorder it now for the 2nd batch.

If you want the  1st batch release , then expect to pay a premium for it since the demand will be high come release date . 

11 hours ago, sqidd said:

Well, it looks like this Amazon deal is really going to happen. They charged my card $211.32 and tracking shows it's moving!:yahoo:

Nice. Mine still pending, but strangely enough they charged my CC.

9 minutes ago, F360 said:

The 2nd batch for the super parts is in April of 2020 .  So if you want to pay msrp then I would suggest you preorder it now for the 2nd batch.

If you want the  1st batch release , then expect to pay a premium for it since the demand will be high come release date . 

I thought the 2nd batch was already sold out too and already being resold with markups?  If not, where can I get it at MSRP? :)