Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, gerwookie said:

Should be here Friday. So no swing bar improvements but better implemented nosecone that’s tigher, flush cockpit, secure fun or stabilizers?

My nose cone is way tighter than what I saw in various VF-1J reviews...took more effort than I expected to unclip it.  Cockpit is perfectly flush too.  Stabilizers and fins seem fine as well, but didn’t realize those were an issue.

Edited by Digitalfiend

8 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

My nose cone is way tighter than what I saw in various VF-1J reviews...took more effort than I expected to unclip it.  Cockpit is perfectly flush too.  Stabilizers and fins seem fine as well, but didn’t realize those were an issue.

Glad to hear they made improvements. It would have been even better if Bandai give us real scale 1/48 pilot figure.

The VF-1A Max release is now ancient history. Let's get on the with the VF-1S Hikaru release! ;)

I'm glad that I already have the 1J since my 1S will be coming from NY and waiting for them to ship it would be maddening if I didn't already have a DX to keep me occupied.

3 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

The VF-1A Max release is now ancient history. Let's get on the with the VF-1S Hikaru release! ;)

I'm glad that I already have the 1J since my 1S will be coming from NY and waiting for them to ship it would be maddening if I didn't already have a DX to keep me occupied.

:aggressive:Right?! Though still waiting for NY to ship Max, so I can't move on to Hikkie until I get Max!  And then will be waiting forever for 1S.  I made the rookie mistake of ordering 4 Strike Parts all from NY.  Good news is that I did it before the first wave sold out.  Bad news is that NY takes forever.  I should've split my orders between them and AE for example.  At least NY is generally known for delivering....eventually. 

8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

:aggressive:Right?! Though still waiting for NY to ship Max, so I can't move on to Hikkie until I get Max!  And then will be waiting forever for 1S.  I made the rookie mistake of ordering 4 Strike Parts all from NY.  Good news is that I did it before the first wave sold out.  Bad news is that NY takes forever.  I should've split my orders between them and AE for example.  At least NY is generally known for delivering....eventually. 

I've just outright resigned myself to the notion that I probably will not be receiving my Hikaru 1S and strike packs until late 2020, if not 2021.  It'll happen someday, but it just is not worth the disappointment that comes with expecting it near the release date.

17 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I've just outright resigned myself to the notion that I probably will not be receiving my Hikaru 1S and strike packs until late 2020, if not 2021.  It'll happen someday, but it just is not worth the disappointment that comes with expecting it near the release date.

Good point.  My strategy is to purchase from NY on PO (when HJL, AmiAmi, AJ etc. fall through) knowing they'll deliver.  Then on release day doing my damnedest to snag at MSRP like I did with AJ for Max.  I did the same thing for the missiles.  A 3rd party seller had them on AJ at release and the markup with cheap shipping equaled the PO price + shipping with NY, so I bought it and came waaaay before my NY order.  NY is my fallback and will get eventually.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

You think with a release date of 12/31/19 that you won't see strike packs till late 2020! OMG, I'll die.:fool:

I haven't gotten missiles or fast packs. Simple naked DX Valkyrie will do. For now...

Priorities are priorities, and for now, just the valkyrie is a good thing. I wish i got the 1S though... but my goal from the start, was to complete a Vermilion squadron in this line. Don't fail me Bandai, we need a Kakizake!

I may need to sell some GPB and FP for the Yammies 1/48. i have several of those new, in box, and i never ever even look at them. 9 Yammie 1/48 brownies needed clothing! It was fun back then, when things were more affordable...

It is funny i paid less for my 1/48 fast packs [only the fast packs] than i did for the HMR fast packs, after their original release date. 

Edited by vlenhoff

21 minutes ago, sqidd said:

You think with a release date of 12/31/19 that you won't see strike packs till late 2020! OMG, I'll die.:fool:

NY is an interesting beast.  They don't have a normal method that any of us can figure out (and I believe it's been explained to you before when you were inquiring about making a Bot).

The short of it is that they don't go by their own allotted quantities from Bandai strictly speaking but source out any additional quantities they need.  And they always come through even if it takes forever.

In a TWE case, they act as a proxy.  So, they (among others) purchase from p-bandai and then resell to us.  With the Strike parts, they had a listing before p-bandai even opened up ordering.  Myself and many others jumped the gun and purchased before p-bandai opened their own listing.  That listing sold out in like 10 min and NY still had the initial post open for another two days.

They finally "sold out" of that batch.  Then p-bandai opened another listing for the strike parts to be delivered in April 2020 (you mentioned Dec 2019, but you didn't get in on that order, you got the April one).  NY opened another listing for April delivery where it still stands open.

Who the hell knows if they'll actually be able to deliver all of the units purchased in the December window?  That's the point.  Those of us that ordered from them in the December window might find ourselves actually waiting till April.  :unknw:

30 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Bandai isn't making these toys for this market, so between their market manipulation, and NY's flailing about trying to cover the pre-orders they received, I don't expect them anywhere near the release.

The VF-31A was easily 6 months late to market for many, and people were still reporting receiving them going on 9+ months after the release date if I recall.  With NY's order priority shenanigans?  I'm fully expecting anyone who put in multiple orders for the packs during the first window to get booted to the end of the line for the second order, meaning they're going to be waiting probably an extra year or more for the packs.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to be sending them a "Where's my order?" reminder on a weekly basis to keep them on their toes, but they seem to have perfected their ability to ignore both common courtesy and professional duty in addressing customer purchases in the order they are received.

Edited by Chronocidal

16 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

NY is an interesting beast.  They don't have a normal method that any of us can figure out (and I believe it's been explained to you before when you were inquiring about making a Bot).

The short of it is that they don't go by their own allotted quantities from Bandai strictly speaking but source out any additional quantities they need.  And they always come through even if it takes forever.

In a TWE case, they act as a proxy.  So, they (among others) purchase from p-bandai and then resell to us.  With the Strike parts, they had a listing before p-bandai even opened up ordering.  Myself and many others jumped the gun and purchased before p-bandai opened their own listing.  That listing sold out in like 10 min and NY still had the initial post open for another two days.

They finally "sold out" of that batch.  Then p-bandai opened another listing for the strike parts to be delivered in April 2020 (you mentioned Dec 2019, but you didn't get in on that order, you got the April one).  NY opened another listing for April delivery where it still stands open.

Who the hell knows if they'll actually be able to deliver all of the units purchased in the December window?  That's the point.  Those of us that ordered from them in the December window might find ourselves actually waiting till April.  :unknw:

15 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Bandai isn't making these toys for this market, so between their market manipulation, and NY's flailing about trying to cover the pre-orders they received, I don't expect them anywhere near the release.

The VF-31A was easily 6 months late to market for many, and people were still reporting receiving them going on 9+ months after the release date if I recall.  With NY's order priority shenanigans?  I'm fully expecting anyone who put in multiple orders for the packs during the first window to get booted to the end of the line for the second order, meaning they're going to be waiting probably an extra year or more for the packs.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to be sending them a "Where's my order?" reminder on a weekly basis to keep them on their toes, but they seem to have perfected their ability to ignore both common courtesy and professional duty in addressing customer purchases in the order they are received.

Thanks for the detailed replies.

It sounds like I'm going to have some naked 1S's for a while.............:cray:

Edited by sqidd

50 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

In stock and ships to US on Amazon JP for $215 shipped.

1/48 Max VF-1A

1809826298_MaxVF1AonAJ.jpg.982dbfd69751163ea93f19e16c114b15.jpg

FYI shows as ¥22,400 until you set the shipping address during checkout, as the tax is included until that point.

[edit] Mildly annoyed that mine from AJ ended up like $15 more, since I ordered it a few days ago. 

Well, I can hope this means the scalpers are getting burned a little and they'll be less on top of the 1S release.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

22.4k-yen is tempting, but i dont really want to have orphaned valks since it'll just be way too tough to get the Roy-1S given the currently ridiculously scalped Hikkie-1S.   Already dreading that the Roy-1S will be TWE'ed like the HMR Roy-1S.

Bandai nickel-n-diming with the missiles and FPs that also already ludicrously scalped does not really instill confidence.

Wonder if the Kaki-1A will get scalped as well.

If Bandai even decides to make a Kaki. 

Possibly as a TWE...

:unknw:

42 minutes ago, jenius said:

I grabbed one, I'll wait to ship my original order until the SV-51 debacle is resolved.

Me too!  Thanks posters.  

14 minutes ago, treatment said:

22.4k-yen is tempting, but i dont really want to have orphaned valks since it'll just be way too tough to get the Roy-1S given the currently ridiculously scalped Hikkie-1S.   Already dreading that the Roy-1S will be TWE'ed like the HMR Roy-1S.

Bandai nickel-n-diming with the missiles and FPs that also already ludicrously scalped does not really instill confidence.

Wonder if the Kaki-1A will get scalped as well.

If Bandai even decides to make a Kaki. 

Possibly as a TWE...

:unknw:

You don't have to have the whole set; I only have one 1/48 yammie 1j- late to the game.  I collected the 1/60 v2 a strike pack, a naked valk, and a GBP.  But I still kept the 1/48 even if it's not in scale.  Buying one of each mold is ok.  I don't have the space or money  to buy 3 of everything.

I think the photos of peeps posting their old 1/48 yammies look nice next to the new dx.  

As you mentioned, the 1J and 1S are out of this world scalping, so I'll pass unless the 1S goes down like the 1A.  The Fokker is likely to be even more expensive.    But buying one of the mold, it's just the head and colors (which you can repaint if you don't like the colors, but that blue is looking sweet).  

6 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

With Amazon Japan are you ordering directly or do you have to use a proxy? 

You can purchase directly from AJ from sellers who will ship globally. In some cases where they won't, you'll need a proxy like Buyee or FromJapan.

Edited by Grey728

0C514797-4C26-4218-8A9B-3D1461490F1D.jpeg.ace4e4b152e65ea6eaac8d8e2f502e1b.jpeg

Has anyone looked to see what time and how long it took to process an order at NY on PO night with their new ticketing system? Here’s mine from the Max PO night. I’d be curious what someone with a DYRL Hikkie shows. Anyone confirm?

Though I guess the problem here is the pre-pay.... Quicker to pay later.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

15 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

0C514797-4C26-4218-8A9B-3D1461490F1D.jpeg.ace4e4b152e65ea6eaac8d8e2f502e1b.jpeg

Has anyone looked to see what time and how long it took to process an order at NY on PO night with their new ticketing system? Here’s mine from the Max PO night. I’d be curious what someone with a DYRL Hikkie shows. Anyone confirm?

Though I guess the problem here is the pre-pay.... Quicker to pay later.

Yeah, always pay later when preorder madness is going down.