Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

10 minutes ago, jenius said:

Amazon gave me the no foreign address error.

Yeah, it's strange.  It's only showing up in the app and not their website.  I must've caught a glitch window or got really lucky.  I received email confirmation.  But, I have to think they'll open it up in a legit way where we'll see it in both the app and site.

6 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

For a pre-order or something you're trying to order now?

If you're ordering now, use a vendor that has the Amazon.co.jp shipping center icon on it.  That should give you international shipping as an option.

No, we're referring to purchasing directly from Amazon Japan G.K.  It's been showing up as an option on the app for the past several hours (not on the website though,) but it's been giving different errors when adding to cart or trying to check out.

I was fortunate to land it and process the order for 18,000 Yen.  But no reports of others hitting yet and now it's down again.

Here's a pic of one of the errors.  (This was before I landed the order.)

AE9A3CB8-4756-4D2B-B64D-2F138B2F54E6.png

Edited by DYRL VF-1S
Adding pic

Just now, Slave IV said:

When you guys use the app, is there a specific AJ app or is there a way to set the regular app to Jp mode?

Go to settings and you can select your region, with JP being one of many.

As long as you have your regular Amazon.jp credentials you should be able to log on. I was on about 5 minutes after the initial "heads-up" post and got the same error message. I actually managed to get one into my cart where it immediately disappeared. 

-b.

9 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Go to settings and you can select your region, with JP being one of many.

As long as you have your regular Amazon.jp credentials you should be able to log on. I was on about 5 minutes after the initial "heads-up" post and got the same error message. I actually managed to get one into my cart where it immediately disappeared. 

-b.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

I already had the 1A preordered day one but I need to prepare for the 1S:D

Nice!

Working on #3 or #4 depending on if an earlier Amazon.jp order falls through. Only got 1 at a "preorder price" all others are varying degrees of the "buy of shame" where I bought at a markup.

The 1S is going to be a real PITA to get, so good luck to all of us. :lol:

-b.

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I already had the 1A preordered day one but I need to prepare for the 1S

4 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

The 1S is going to be a real PITA to get, so good luck to all of us.

Yuuup. This is my 2nd 1A at less than MSRP, but really just practicing for 1S. I bought one at markup PO night but determined for one at MSRP.

2 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Nice!

Working on #3 or #4 depending on if an earlier Amazon.jp order falls through. Only got 1 at a "preorder price" all others are varying degrees of the "buy of shame" where I bought at a markup.

The 1S is going to be a real PITA to get, so good luck to all of us. :lol:

-b.

I don't look forward to trying to get the 1S...but I want to just get it over with.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Not feeling Max's 1a for some strange reason. <_<

Get outta here!:p;)

4 hours ago, borgified said:

The demand for either Hikaru's/Roy's 1s will be a given bloodbath. 

Haha am the opposite, not feeling the 1S for some strange reason..:D

now bring on kakizaki 1A bandai!!!

:5:

Edited by seti88

7 hours ago, borgified said:

The demand for either Hikaru's/Roy's 1s will be a given bloodbath. 

I skipped Max's preorder night.  I picked up Hikaru's VF-1J weeks after the release at a moderate markup.  Just so I could have at least one example from the new line.  Even though I was very impressed with the toy I'm not a fan of that Max variant.

His price is still good but I have already over paid on a Hikaru VF-1S preorder.   My preference is Roy's but I expect that preorder madness to be even worst than Hikaru's.  If I can't get Roy's at least I got Hikaru's.  If I have to over pay for some of these toys it will means I'm going to skip getting some of the others ones like Max's 1A. 

i caved and finally got a 1J at a local store for $450

the store owner happened to be there while i was browsing so i tried to go for a discount. he countered saying it was a first release edition that comes with a stand.

was there even a 2nd release sans stand? and cheaper?

about to walk away, he mentioned buying online would entail $30-40 shipping and about $80 in import taxes.

sounded about right. so the apples to apples price (vs. a web purchase) was now $330.

still, there was a chance i could've avoided taxes; so back to $410 comparable price.

seeing i was unconvinced, he threw in the missile set.

quick check on webstores pegs it at $110-130. but i already have a missile set which i bought for $50, intended for the VF-1S.

anyway, i took his offer.

so in the best case, that VF-1J was effectively just $200, and in the worst case $360.

still unsure whether it was a good deal or not. as you can tell, i'm still trying to rationalize my purchase...

Count me on the same boat as waiting for NY to ship mine out. Have it bundled with the missile sets [which did NOT come cheap].

First world problems...I also have DYRL strike packs on PO [separate order for december] but they don't match Max's valk at all. That means I'll have to at the very least double-dip on the 1/48 line...

1 hour ago, Major Focker said:

i caved and finally got a 1J at a local store for $450

the store owner happened to be there while i was browsing so i tried to go for a discount. he countered saying it was a first release edition that comes with a stand.

was there even a 2nd release sans stand? and cheaper?

about to walk away, he mentioned buying online would entail $30-40 shipping and about $80 in import taxes.

sounded about right. so the apples to apples price (vs. a web purchase) was now $330.

still, there was a chance i could've avoided taxes; so back to $410 comparable price.

seeing i was unconvinced, he threw in the missile set.

quick check on webstores pegs it at $110-130. but i already have a missile set which i bought for $50, intended for the VF-1S.

anyway, i took his offer.

so in the best case, that VF-1J was effectively just $200, and in the worst case $360.

still unsure whether it was a good deal or not. as you can tell, i'm still trying to rationalize my purchase...

Lmao great rationalization! I know they are going to release the vF-1j again probably with supers. Bandai is gonna milk this mold for millions!