Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

54 minutes ago, jenius said:

All the usual suspects but you need to wait until it hit shelves and then hop on one of the listings as soon as it goes live.

I would be very grateful for links to those usual suspects. Been looking on the sticky posts a bit but couldn't find one with the recommened shops. I know, for one, that JPfigurines is not a reliable one. 

Many thanks!

11 minutes ago, RojoV3r said:

I would be very grateful for links to those usual suspects. Been looking on the sticky posts a bit but couldn't find one with the recommened shops. I know, for one, that JPfigurines is not a reliable one. 

Many thanks!

This is a little out of date, but most of those are pretty reliable and still in business.  AmiAmi, Hobby Link Japan, Nippon Yassan, CDJapan, Anime Export tend to be pretty popular.  But there are other options out there.

2 minutes ago, treatment said:

I only wish that the scalpers who cleaned out the po-supplies and jacked the pricing up on these DXs to not be able to unload any of it for any profit or without taking tremendous losses.

Unfortunately they'll just give up their pre-orders, or keep them and hold the valks until the price goes back up.

Does anyone have a pic of their yeti stand setup with the Dx vf-1j? For the life of me I can’t find a picture to confirm the vf-1j (Dx yf-19, not the Arcadia one that can go upside down because it slots in tightly). I know there’s a Dx bundle yeti stand but just want to confirm first...

A quick question on the special first edition stand for the 1J: I can't seems to get the adaptor to lock in place securely.

It hold the valk ok (assisted by gravity), but it seems to be just friction fit and can come off with the slightest touch.

What did I do wrong?

38 minutes ago, kkx said:

A quick question on the special first edition stand for the 1J: I can't seems to get the adaptor to lock in place securely.

It hold the valk ok (assisted by gravity), but it seems to be just friction fit and can come off with the slightest touch.

What did I do wrong?

I had the same issue. I just kept fiddling with it and eventually it popped in there. I have it banked pretty hard. I wouldn't say it's "locked in", but it's not going anywhere.

VF-1J.jpg

On 9/15/2019 at 1:57 PM, sqidd said:

What is the difference between TV and DYRL?

On 9/15/2019 at 2:03 PM, levzloi said:

In the Yamatos, Pilot figure, head arrow color (yellow vs black), hands, and shade of white.  

If the question was in terms of toys...then that is more or less it...

If in general...then you have to add the shape of the cockpit canopy, the cockpit controls, the color of the cockpit seat....think that may be it

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I had the same issue. I just kept fiddling with it and eventually it popped in there. I have it banked pretty hard. I wouldn't say it's "locked in", but it's not going anywhere.

Thanks.

I think I have it at the same angle as you.

Will try to fiddle with it a bit more tonight to see if I can get it to slot in more securely. From what I remember, if I lift the valk up, the base can drop off with a slight shake. That is not reassuring. :( 

1 minute ago, kkx said:

Thanks.

I think I have it at the same angle as you.

Will try to fiddle with it a bit more tonight to see if I can get it to slot in more securely. From what I remember, if I lift the valk up, the base can drop off with a slight shake. That is not reassuring. :( 

Yeah, I'm not super stoked about how well it's in there. I've been screwing around in the cabinets and it hasn't popped off though................................yet.

A little caveat there, I generally try not to buy from Yahoo japan unless it's a very rare item, generally the international stores would be cheaper. For this item, I would wait until release, try to snag it from a retailer, and if that failed, grab one from Yahoo Japan at close to retail (domestic shipping, tax, and other fees will then bloat the price but save you a bit from NY's current rate.

On 9/16/2019 at 2:55 PM, sqidd said:

Yeah, I'm not super stoked about how well it's in there. I've been screwing around in the cabinets and it hasn't popped off though................................yet.

Finally have time to look at this.

I finally abel to fit the adaptor in more securely.

Turn out there is two tiny tab a the two front tips of the adaptor. I slot those in first at an angle and then push in the back of the adaptor in after the those tips fount their slot.

Much happier with this now.

13 hours ago, moose said:

Do you guys think any of the retailers will have stock? And what time should we start looking for this on Sep 21?

If they do, it will sell out pretty quick I suspect.

I paid the marked up NY Preorder price as they have a great rep of always coming through. If this goes smoothly next week and ships fairly quickly I will do the same for the VF-1S.