Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

His claim was that the shoulder joint was put in correctly, the "rivet" or metal pin was put in crooked, thus causing stress marks on the plastic of one of the shoulders. I didn't bother responding to his message yesterday and will leave it up to him to proceed with the PP process and see where it takes us.

Any damage will need photo asap for documentation.  Just so you can see if it’s true or not .   It’s also use to compare the damage when you receive the item back .

This is incase they damage the item more before shipping it back to you because you did not offer partial refund .

7 hours ago, borgified said:

Another DX VF-1J (with stand) is up for grabs on Manda (unopened, box damaged) for 38K yen..

* That's Kronos pricing right here minus the yellowing and cracking hinge joints * :blink:

Surely you don't mean the YF-30 Chronos?

Chronos.thumb.jpg.94b8e87355a6eae81cfadd5abc0c6a8c.jpg

What yellowing?  What cracking hinge joints?

Is there something I need to be looking out for?

2 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

I think the cracking is in reference to the linked post below.  I'm not sure about the yellowing though. 

Yep... That's the correct one. As for the yellowing on the Chronos @tekering, @MikeRoz has a Chronos that has yellowed on the both sides of the wings.

From the Yellowed VF-25 thread.

A4fmbuJ.jpg

I am displaying my VF-1J in fighter mode since I get the missile set.

Now I miss the batt mode, I need another one just for that mode. Wish I grabbed one more before the price hike. Will sedate my craving with the Yammie version.

59 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Hehe was trying to do the same with my 1J displayed in all its glory as well. :ph34r:

Great minds think alike :lol:

53 minutes ago, kkx said:

Now I miss the batt mode, I need another one just for that mode. Wish I grabbed one more before the price hike. Will sedate my craving with the Yammie version.

Mine went back to ficghter mode. Grabbed only one too. Missed the Max 1A PO (cartjacked) and missed the 1S PO (cartjacked too), but after a week trying, I was able to secure one 1S at AmiAmi.

Can't wait for the Hikaru 1S, it's my favorite along Focker's 1S. The Strike Packs are already preordered at AE.

20190201_155731.jpg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Provided I can get ahold of them both, Roy's going to go in fully-loaded strike fighter mode, while Hikaru's 1S is going to be permanently displayed in the "Bodolza Barrage" pose, with a printout of Minmay's dance on the viewscreen pasted behind him. ^_^ 

24 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Provided I can get ahold of them both, Roy's going to go in fully-loaded strike fighter mode, while Hikaru's 1S is going to be permanently displayed in the "Bodolza Barrage" pose, with a printout of Minmay's dance on the viewscreen pasted behind him. ^_^ 

That will be sweet. That is one of the scenes that sticks in my mind.

I have lost track, did you manage to secure a 1S? 

5 hours ago, kkx said:

Same here. I'm thinking my VF-1S Strike will spend most of it's time in battroid with the VF-1J alternating between fighter and gerwalk. Then I'll flip-flop when I get an urge to see the DYRL pilot. Hmm, I may need a second Yeti-Stand if I play to have a battroid and gerwalk displayed simultaneously.

Come to think about it, I've probably spent to much time pondering this. :huh:

9 hours ago, borgified said:

Yep... That's the correct one. As for the yellowing on the Chronos @tekering, @MikeRoz has a Chronos that has yellowed on the both sides of the wings.

From the Yellowed VF-25 thread.

My lights are kind of yellow, that was taken with a cell phone, I'm not the best photographer, and I didn't have a pristine YF-30 to compare it to like I did my VF-25. All this to say, the wings have yellowed very, very slightly, if at all - the main thing to see in that picture is the nose yellowing on the right side of the picture. I took the picture from above so you could more easily see the contrast between the good side of the nose and the bad side of the nose.

Also, I'd like to point out that that set of pictures was captioned with "Mistakes were made" - and the implication was supposed to be mistakes I made, not mistakes Bandai made. The Valkyrie was left in a place that gets direct sunlight, but only super, super early in the morning at a crazy angle, so I, not being a morning person, didn't realize until I happened to be up one day and saw it. I do not expect that an unopened YF-30 would have a yellowing problem.

4 hours ago, kkx said:

That will be sweet. That is one of the scenes that sticks in my mind.

I have lost track, did you manage to secure a 1S? 

I'm hoping I did, I just gave up and bought one at NY's first markup.  We'll see if they come through in any reasonable amount of time.

13 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm hoping I did, I just gave up and bought one at NY's first markup.  We'll see if they come through in any reasonable amount of time.

I was hesitance and missed the first markup at NY.

Now my order is from eBay. Have zero assurance compared to NY. NY seems to come through (from what I read here), even if they are a bit slow sometimes.

1 hour ago, kkx said:

@Ignacio Ocamica It will be a long wait till the DX 1S arrive. Do you plan to grab a Max on release date? I am hoping to find one around 22K yen.

Good hunt, hope you can secure a Max on release date!!!!

I'm not going to collect the whole line, I will pass Max. I was lucky enough to secure Hikaru's 1J at MSRP and now his 1S. I also want a CF and Roy, will try my luck during PO with these.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeesh, approaching VF-1J price. So many toys...so little money lol

I may be unfortunate here. I just received my missle set.  After swapping things around I noticed the connections to the micro missle box and the cluster reactive missles were extremely tight to the hard points on both wings.  Because the pylons are so stubby and the missles are so bulky, it was hard to get fingers in there well and pulling to free them  (not hard mind you)  it actually lifted the panel of plastic on side closest to the outer wing that the hard points are a part of. I had no idea that this was a panel of plastic and thought the wing was just a solid part with panel lines.  It put a slight stress mark on the panels themselves where they slightly lifted.  Be careful I guess is what I am saying here.  I have tried to glue the panels back flush with the wings but that kinda sucked.  

Wow, do you mind posting a picture of the damage when you get a chance?  I'm really curious to see where the stress mark occurred, and I think it would help others here avoid the same type of damage, possibly by supporting the wing differently when snapping the missiles on or off.

16 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Wow, do you mind posting a picture of the damage when you get a chance?  I'm really curious to see where the stress mark occurred, and I think it would help others here avoid the same type of damage, possibly by supporting the wing differently when snapping the missiles on or off.

I dont have a good picture of this. Where you see the hard points that's the panel.  Maybe it's not a seperate piece.  Maybe the panel line is so deep that when I tried tugging on the reactive missle cluster which was attached to the hard point on the right side in pic that side of the panel lifted away from the wing a bit past the hard point itself.  So like a perfect outline of the panel .  The rear side did not do this.  You can not see the stress mark in pic as it did not fold enough to make the plastic go white but when looking at it you could tell it there is a mark there.  Happened on both wings. And seriously, I was not pulling that hard but the connections were just very tight.

20190627_110905.jpg

Heres an update to the PP dispute if anyone cares to listen: buyer apparently closed the case, after I ignored his message. I called PP to verify whats going on and they said since he closed it, it can't be reopened and that it has been resolved and that no refund will be provided. But here's the kicker, if he paid with a credit card or financial institution, he can still file a charge back with them which in turn will trigger another dispute. PP believes he used the balance in his PP account however, if so, its a done deal (hopefully).

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

With how prices are jumping, I hope the other eBay seller who sold pre-orders for $240-280 won't screw over those that paid $240-280 (myself included at $280).

Edited by canklebreaker

Here's my 2 cents on your thread (and sales in general) since there appears to be some need of validation.

If I'm a frequent seller, as you are w 500+ transactions, my brand and reputation is paramount. The best sellers accept returns, no questions asked.  If they want a partial refund, refuse.  Your policy should have been advertised as-is/MISB and what you had is what they get. Most buyers expect this on auction sites. If they weren't satisfied, as a reputable seller, you should accept a return or give them the option of keeping it as-is. If it's the latter, they should pay for the return shipping.

If the item was broken on opening the package, you, as a buyer, should now contact your seller and request the same level of service. Hopefully, they will be as reputable as you. If they aren't, then it's a future loss for them.

There’s no need for validation? I was sharing my experience and trying to see if anyone else has gone thru something similar. As a seller I agree with you on the fact that I should take returns and I normally would be willing if I was at fault but the item wasn’t listed incorrectly as the buyer stated nor would’ve been returned to me in the same condition. And yes if I were the one to open the package I would’ve went back to mandarake to try to correct the issue but am unsure of their return/exchange policies being that I’ve just begun using their services as well.

Alrighty then... 

When can we guestimate the next DX VF-1 pre-order madness will be next year?

Plus I think that it will be another pure bloodbath for whatever version that Bandai does decides to dish out. :wacko:

8 minutes ago, borgified said:

Alrighty then... 

When can we guestimate the next DX VF-1 pre-order madness will be next year?

Plus I think that it will be another pure bloodbath for whatever version that Bandai does decides to dish out. :wacko:

I threw that up a few pages back. @jenius was originally thinking April but with the push on Strike Parts now July (if memory serves right).

Since the molds now exist for 1J, 1A, and 1S, I’m hoping Aug or Sept this year? The Hikaru 1S preorder came out rapid fire two months after 1A. So, there’s hope?

22 minutes ago, Dobber said:

You know, I forgot to look...is the Max 1A head accurate for the TV style? If so...then we would still need the DYRL style 1A.

Chris

From all the pictures I've seen, it seems pretty TV accurate (no extra "frame" around the lens).  

A DYRL 1A is actually my prediction for the next preorder.  Not sure which version; I'd prefer a mass production.  Seems too early for another Hikaru or Max.  Maybe a DYRL Kakizaki?  That would really be all over the figurative map.

A TV Kakizaki also has a pretty good shot at being next, imo.  Maybe as a TWE.

So I wasn't reading a few pages back before I asked... D'oh! 

Possibly another pre-order in March that you estimated @jenius? Isn't that the same time that your personal income tax package gets mailed to you from the government? I think that that us Canuckleheads also get the package mailed out as well. 

Will a pre-order for either M&M's 1J work out as well since the missile pack did get sent out for those that ordered it already? :pardon:

3 minutes ago, borgified said:

So I wasn't reading a few pages back before I asked... D'oh! 

Possibly another pre-order in March that you estimated @jenius? Isn't that the same time that your personal income tax package gets mailed to you from the government? I think that that us Canuckleheads also get the package mailed out as well. 

Will a pre-order for either M&M's 1J work out as well since the missile pack did get sent out for those that ordered it already? :pardon:

Totally just guessing. If they're going to keep up the pace then a March release doesn't seem out of the question. I figured after the one/two punch they'd let us bake until April but the second wave of strike parts would make it so May/June would be more likely. As a fan of the HMR line, I wouldn't mind them dabbling there for a couple months before coming back into the DX line.

13 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

You all are gluttons for punishment lol

Dear lord baby jeebus; please let Bandai give my wallet a break. 

It's not going to happen... 

We're here to make you empty out your savings one way or another. :lol: