Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

8 hours ago, tjdetweiler said:

hey guys, with me being insane, I just PO that metal structure - I'm passing on my VF-1A Max PO will change the shipping if anyone is keen - selling how much I got it $220 USD (340 NZD) shipped to you. PM me if you are keen (accept paypal)

hey guys, with me being insane, I just PO that metal structure - I'm passing on my VF-1A Max PO will change the shipping address - selling how much I got it $220 USD (340 NZD) shipped to you. PM me if you are keen (accept paypal)

You got PM

Just now, Duymon said:

*Grumbles something about Bandai using DYRL colors for a $50 missile pack released between two TV valks* Grumble * Grumble*

Spoiler

20190615_110348_HDR.jpg.97c7b97d01b36ddb87e6186e8cffeb10.jpg

20190615_111438_HDR.thumb.jpg.aad63dfd7a587adee5f0445e3fd2ee46.jpg

20190615_111858_HDR.jpg.c55518b02295aab69fc86a72b383286d.jpg

20190615_114920_HDR.jpg.5d5ec8b6ae98e6fa3f2cdb5bd286d600.jpg

20190615_115146_HDR.thumb.jpg.ad2f98ce117edcd8078ca7cba366747f.jpg

As the universe intended!

giphy.gif

Edited by slide

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

*Grumbles something about Bandai using DYRL colors for a $50 missile pack released between two TV valks* Grumble * Grumble*

Bravo Bravo!:good::rolleyes:

You know it wouldn’t kill bandai to include an extra 6 caps in red, so to interchange between TV and DYRL.

Wouldn’t dent bandai’s P and L one bit. 

Thanks guys. I didn't care about the wrong color on the yammies because those missiles were pack-ins, but when having to pay for a separte missile pack I was irked :0

I used Mecha-Color Red from Vallejo followed by a satin coat.

Some are glued in really tight, other's popped off without a fuss.

Just use a knife to open it and then a plastic wedge like the one you use from cell phone repair to oven them up.

I have the mats to recast the caps but was too lazy haha.

ugh.  i found out about this figure (VF-1S) on the 5th of June.  Now I read there was a release on the 12th?  should I just buy the Nippon Yassan one for 350$?  I was 6 years old when Robotech came out and then got Jetfire for Christmas.  Also big fan of Battletech and Phoenix Hawk. 

21 minutes ago, Vexxet said:

ugh.  i found out about this figure (VF-1S) on the 5th of June.  Now I read there was a release on the 12th?  should I just buy the Nippon Yassan one for 350$?  I was 6 years old when Robotech came out and then got Jetfire for Christmas.  Also big fan of Battletech and Phoenix Hawk. 

There was no release on the 12th,  where and what did you read?

This preordered started on the 06-03-19 JST.. its release date is in November.

If you are talking about preordering the super strike parts. then  there was a 2nd batch preorder started on 06-11-19 jst.. with a release date of 04-2020.

I would say $350 is a bit high since the item is not even release yet.   There will be some reopenings between now and release date.  of course getting it in any of those reopening will depend on your lucky , timing and how fast can you place a preorder.  I would say at release date or abit after you will have no problem finding the vf-1s at under $300. 

40 minutes ago, F360 said:

There was no release on the 12th,  where and what did you read?

This preordered started on the 06-03-19 JST.. its release date is in November.

If you are talking about preordering the super strike parts. then  there was a 2nd batch preorder started on 06-11-19 jst.. with a release date of 04-2020.

I would say $350 is a bit high since the item is not even release yet.   There will be some reopenings between now and release date.  of course getting it in any of those reopening will depend on your lucky , timing and how fast can you place a preorder.  I would say at release date or abit after you will have no problem finding the vf-1s at under $300. 

sorry I guess I meant to say I found out about this item on June 5th.  The preorders were gone by the 3rd and multiple preorders had popped up since then.  I appreciate you letting me know it may pop up again.  I will keep my eyes open.

Has anyone else been to the Tamashii Nations store in Akihabara?  I was there last year in November and they stocked a decent amount of Macross items for actual MSRP. 

I'll be going again this November, what do you guys think the odds are of finding a 1/48 in stock there for the MSRP.

1 hour ago, peter said:

Has anyone else been to the Tamashii Nations store in Akihabara?  I was there last year in November and they stocked a decent amount of Macross items for actual MSRP. 

I'll be going again this November, what do you guys think the odds are of finding a 1/48 in stock there for the MSRP.

I would say very low,  the release date is somewhere in November,  most likely closer to the end of the month

13 minutes ago, jenius said:

Did we get a firm release date on Max yet? I thought I remember that one being right at the beginning of the month but I couldn't track it down.

no set date yet, they normally update the date on their site at the beginning of release month, 

For those who ordered their DX Strike Super Parts at Anime-Export, in your order page, does the item release date says April 2020? I ordered mine June 7. Paid for it. And this is before the 2nd batch preorder was announced. And during the ordering process it wasn't mentioned that the preorder that I was doing is for the April 2020 release. Kind of dumb now because if I had only known then I should've preorder 2 for the April 2020 release instead of paying one now hoping that the 1 order I have with them will get released come December. And as their policy, they don't cancel TWE items. Oh well. :unsure:

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

For those who ordered their DX Strike Super Parts at Anime-Export, in your order page, does the item release date says April 2020? I ordered mine June 7. Paid for it. And this is before the 2nd batch preorder was announced. And during the ordering process it wasn't mentioned that the preorder that I was doing is for the April 2020 release. Kind of dumb now because if I had only known then I should've preorder 2 for the April 2020 release instead of paying one now hoping that the 1 order I have with them will get released come December. And as their policy, they don't cancel TWE items. Oh well. :unsure:

Well ain't that a kick in the teeth.

I ordered and paid on June 8th and sure enough, April 2020 for my release date as well.

-b.