Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

38 minutes ago, beatsing said:

They have a large cockpit, I'm not sure if it was Kitzconcept, but the interior detail was impressive.  

On the DX, Bandai probably wouldn't bother.  Does anyone who has the DX in hand know if the interior is TV accurate with the joy stick in the middle?  Is the DX 1s have the joy sticks to the sides of the cockpit?

From @jenius' Anymoon site. For some reasons, DX Hikaru's hand is not placed between the legs like the Yamato does. And I would assume that the DX VF-1S will have the figure hands more on the side since the controls are on the side.

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-15.jpg

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-12.jpg

17 minutes ago, F360 said:

just a heads up:  These new open orders are most likely from the 2nd batch late orders:

Super Dimension Fortress Macross - DX Chogokin Movie VF-1 Strike / Super Parts Set

Bandai Premium Limited Edition

Pre-order, Early Orders: December 2019

Late Orders: April 2020

Japanese Version!

New, Never Opened and box in EXCELLENT condition!

That's a little bit scary to pay something 10 months in advance. You're basically not covered with Paypal Protection anymore and you're tied to NY's store credit just in case the order didn't work out. I'm not sure though if it's the same if you use credit card directly.

52 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Does anyone who has the DX in hand know if the interior is TV accurate with the joy stick in the middle?  Is the DX 1s have the joy sticks to the sides of the cockpit?

Nope....but the only thing that Bandai decided to use to differentiate between TV and DYRL cockpits was the addition of the HUD for the TV version....the Hikaru VF-1S cockpit will probably be the same as the "TV" VF-1J minus the HUD bit....heck, Bandai couldn't even be bothered with painting the seat color correctly...;)

Edited by jvmacross

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Nope....but the only thing that Bandai decided to use to differentiate between TV and DYRL cockpits was the addition of the HUD for the TV version....the Hikaru VF-1S cockpit will probably be the same as the "TV" VF-1J minus the HUD bit....heck, Bandai couldn't even be bothered with painting the seat color correctly...;)

Agree. Bandai rather put a lot of unnecessary tampos than paint the actual details like the landing gears to white. ^_^

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That's a little bit scary to pay something 10 months in advance. You're basically not covered with Paypal Protection anymore and you're tied to NY's store credit just in case the order didn't work out. I'm not sure though if it's the same if you use credit card directly.

You will have extra protection if you use a creditcard as the form of payment in PayPal.  If PayPal don’t take care of it , your creditcard company will get your money back from PayPal, which PayPal would be force to take the money back from N-Y.  

N-Y is pretty sneaky by posting early December, late April without setting a date for when is considered early or late.

1 hour ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Just got an email from NY, saying they had the strike pack in stock. Was able to get one finally get one.

I just placed an order too, and now it says payment is in process. Gosh I hope I got one.

24 minutes ago, F360 said:

You will have extra protection if you use a creditcard as the form of payment in PayPal.  If PayPal don’t take care of it , your creditcard company will get your money back from PayPal, which PayPal would be force to take the money back from N-Y.  

N-Y is pretty sneaky by posting early December, late April without setting a date for when is considered early or late.

i am not sure about the button show " pre-order"  that mean you are pre-order and will get it on dec  

if the button change to " late-order" so u will get april 

any body has experience about the button's label?

Edited by Jumbo

39 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

The devil is in the details!  :diablo:

:good: :lol:

14 minutes ago, F360 said:

Thank you sir! ;)

Just an update on the accidental double charge that happened in my CC during the Hikaru PO at NY. So I already got an email from them that my second payment got refunded. But now it shows on my order that my payment got refunded. (There's an icon of Payment Refund at the left side.) So I'm verifying with them if my actual order got cancelled too. Since it's not showing cancel icon. I'm hoping that it's not. :help:

Capture.JPG.61104d99a33ca2ce01a2180ed530bb0a.JPG

3 hours ago, beatsing said:

They have a large cockpit, I'm not sure if it was Kitzconcept, but the interior detail was impressive.  

On the DX, Bandai probably wouldn't bother.  Does anyone who has the DX in hand know if the interior is TV accurate with the joy stick in the middle?  Is the DX 1s have the joy sticks to the sides of the cockpit?

I've looked into the cockpit pretty closely, and while nothing's painted on the DX, you can just barely make out the TV style screens, as well as the extra joystick-like handles on the front console, and the F-G-B levers on the left side of the console.  It should be pretty easy to mount a DYRL style panel on the VF-1S.

They also mounted monstrous salami of a joystick in the center of the console that's about as big around as Hikaru's thigh.  His right hand kind of rests against the base of it. :lol: 

1206547927_ss(2019-06-11at10_48.19).jpg.3e49d0f0e0f671f310cb2b8f2f5a4a2c.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

From @jenius' Anymoon site. For some reasons, DX Hikaru's hand is not placed between the legs like the Yamato does. And I would assume that the DX VF-1S will have the figure hands more on the side since the controls are on the side.

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-15.jpg

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-12.jpg

Thanks @no3Ljm.  When I handled it, the DX 1J didn't have a pilot in it.  Had no idea it was so small compared to the Yammie.  So the Yammie pilot has the stick on his hand, and the DX has his hand in mid air.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

thanks @jvmacross 

2 hours ago, F360 said:

I don't think the credit card company would do anything for you.  I had a defective preorder that was delayed beyond the 6 months Paypal, and Paypal wouldn't refund.  The credit card company said that you should complain within two months.  

50 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I've looked into the cockpit pretty closely, and while nothing's painted on the DX, you can just barely make out the TV style screens, as well as the extra joystick-like handles on the front console, and the F-G-B levers on the left side of the console.  It should be pretty easy to mount a DYRL style panel on the VF-1S.

They also mounted monstrous salami of a joystick in the center of the console that's about as big around as Hikaru's thigh.  His right hand kind of rests against the base of it. :lol: 

1206547927_ss(2019-06-11at10_48.19).jpg.3e49d0f0e0f671f310cb2b8f2f5a4a2c.jpg

Thanks @chronocidal.  That is nice detail on the giant joystick, can make out the buttons on it.  The guy who CAD the joystick is not the guy who did the pilot.  He had the Yammie pilot when he CAD the joystick.  That stick is so big it doesn't look like it's a fighter stick for one hand, but the boom and 2 handed wheel on the boeing 700 series. haha  

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i am not sure about the button show " pre-order"  that mean you are pre-order and will get it on dec  

I don't think the button will change. For those wondering if you got a late order or not, I think it's reasonable to assume that if you ordered for the strike parts after N-Y reopened orders (which was a day or 2 ago), you're probably part of the 2nd batch.

46 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Are they rereleasing this dx durandal?  Did I miss this preorder too?

it was shown at... either recent Kawamori exhibit or Crossover Live 2019. no release date or further details I'm aware of.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

:good: :lol:

Thank you sir! ;)

Just an update on the accidental double charge that happened in my CC during the Hikaru PO at NY. So I already got an email from them that my second payment got refunded. But now it shows on my order that my payment got refunded. (There's an icon of Payment Refund at the left side.) So I'm verifying with them if my actual order got cancelled too. Since it's not showing cancel icon. I'm hoping that it's not. :help:

Capture.JPG.61104d99a33ca2ce01a2180ed530bb0a.JPG

This is what happened to me. Turned out they'd refunded the order, since it didn't ship as scheduled.

I strongly suggest contacting them to "make sure" that they didn't cancel the order, and only refunded the double-charge.

15 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

it was shown at... either recent Kawamori exhibit or Crossover Live 2019. no release date or further details I'm aware of.

It just had one of those standard "Under consideration" tags on it same as the Armored VF-31J which means it probably won't hit shelves for another year or two.

1 hour ago, beatsing said:

I don't think the credit card company would do anything for you.  I had a defective preorder that was delayed beyond the 6 months Paypal, and Paypal wouldn't refund.  The credit card company said that you should complain within two month 

Receiving a defective item will be between you and the store which is why it’s a good idea to pay the full coverage proxy fee of 700 yen for long preorders .   If they don’t deliver or can’t not deliver then I think it fits in another category for your creditcard .  There was a key word that they use for preorder and I can’t seem to remember at the moment  :wacko:

4 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I don’t recall n-Y ever having a changing button for preorder and late-orders .   They normally would make  a different preorder, 1 for x month release, and 1 for different month release .   

On 6/8/2019 at 12:24 PM, jenius said:

1) having a shop means dealing with customer inquires

2) if the shop is going to tell people they were unable to acquire stock, the person who finds out first can get their stock somewhere else before the price continues to be ratcheted up.

He's asking for like 5 minutes of work to potentially save himself $10. Yes, if everyone does it the company would need to draft a form response and it would take a few more minutes of work on their end but hardly a big deal.

That was exactly my intent. I never bother these shops, even though I've been regularly buying from some of them for 15+ years and they occasionally frustrate the hell out of me, but in this case, I wanted to know if AE actually had secured stock or was still aggregating POs in autopilot mode and hadn't been paying attention to the madness. I also figured that I was asking on behalf of everyone here who ordered from them. It's been four days since I contacted them and...nothing. I did notice that by the next morning AE showed the SSP set as out of stock, so I'm not sure if they finally woke up and shut down POs or folks cleaned out their remaining inventory. While I was waiting to hear back from them, I missed the opportunity to get a PO from NY because they sold out. Luckily, I woke up early this morning, noticed that they were available again due to the second listing on Bandai's site, and grabbed one. It comes down to trust. Do I trust that AE will fulfill my original order? No, especially since they haven't responded to my inquiry. Am I happy that I have to buy a backup set from another site to make sure that I get one? Definitely not. The only upside to this situation is that, assuming both sets do show up, I'll have a spare one that I can make available to a fellow MW member who needs one.

asked in the noob question thread but paranoid I'll miss the second round so:

I have a discount code available at nippon-yasan. can anyone tell me where I enter it? I can't see a field at any point from cart to payment.

5 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

asked in the noob question thread but paranoid I'll miss the second round so:

I have a discount code available at nippon-yasan. can anyone tell me where I enter it? I can't see a field at any point from cart to payment.

If you have a discount code , you will not need to enter it , you will just need to click the “add” button .

Log on to your account 

select something , add to cart ,

now go to your cart .   You should see  a extra line with your discount code already listed under the item and with a button “add” to the right .    If you want to use it.  Just click the “add” button .

8 hours ago, jenius said:

Because it's so minor it's absolutely not worth the molding cost.

Fair enough. Though with all the VF-1’s out there. It would be a nice way to differentiate a product from others. Instead of making a hybrid. Make one or the other. Make it accurate for a tv Valk instead of having some DYRL features or visa versa. I for one would love an accurate DYRL style canopy. Something about that tiny detail I just really love. Heck, we didn’t get accurate exhaust “cans” on a VF-1 until the Yamato 1/60 v.2. When Me and a few others pointed out to Graham that the cookie cutter circular exhaust detail was wrong and that the VF-1 has those rectangular “paddles” that splay out when the foot opens. A small detail that is hard to see but a nice touch that is now on most VF-1 replicas.

Chris

Edited by Dobber