Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, the super/strike packs are still up on P-Bandai website, so there's a good chance that a lot of scalpers will be trying to liquidate on release rather than holding onto them.

Can US folks order from there?

11 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

The more I look at the source, the more I think it is a "genuine" sandbox page, not a scam page.  If AE launches a new site in the next few months, we'll know for sure.  I wouldn't count on getting your product, either way though.  It probably doesn't have accurate stock counts.  Why it is accessible is beyond me.

Or it could be a scam/spoof page, in which case I hope you have good payment protection.  Just watch whatever payment type you used.

6 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

That AE sandbox page lets me add to cart, but I just get a error page when I try to pay for it. 

When you get to the payment piece, take the word sandbox out of the web address line and hit enter. It brings you to the normal AE page and let's your process the order like usual. Like I said, I'm the guinea pig, and always use PayPal for protection, so we'll see if goes through or not. I e-mailed AE to see if my order will be cancelled or not.

12 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

When you get to the payment piece, take the word sandbox out of the web address line and hit enter. It brings you to the normal AE page and let's your process the order like usual. Like I said, I'm the guinea pig, and always use PayPal for protection, so we'll see if goes through or not. I e-mailed AE to see if my order will be cancelled or not.

I hope you understand what you are actually doing is sneaking in a preorder that is already sold out.  I would not be surprise if your personally info from your accounts gets leaked, your current preorders cancelled, and your account terminated.   Stores might not be too happy with customers do that.:ph34r:

Ordered a VF-1S Hikaru through AE just to see if the order would go through.  Got an order confirmation and paypal receipt.  If it gets cancelled then no big deal.

Edited by sh9000

32 minutes ago, F360 said:

I hope you understand what you are actually doing is sneaking in a preorder that is already sold out.  I would not be surprise if your personally info from your accounts gets leaked, your current preorders cancelled, and your account terminated.   Stores might not be too happy with customers do that.:ph34r:

Seems a bit harsh...why would all of that occur becus he simply placed a backdoor PO?

1 minute ago, canklebreaker said:

Seems a bit harsh...why would all of that occur becus he simply placed a backdoor PO?

The leak wouldn't be on purpose, but because you ordered through an unsecured storefront site that might be wide open to the interwebs.

The cancelled order would be obvious, since the product wasn't actually in stock on the main site, and the terminated account would be well within their rights for your abusing a flaw in the website.

35 minutes ago, F360 said:

I definitely understand your point of view on it. I'm not trying to cause any issues, just wanted to do it to see if it would work to help out someone else out.

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

The leak wouldn't be on purpose, but because you ordered through an unsecured storefront site that might be wide open to the interwebs.

The cancelled order would be obvious, since the product wasn't actually in stock on the main site, and the terminated account would be well within their rights for your abusing a flaw in the website.

Gotcha! Well lets hope nothing bad occurs and hes able to help someone out!

Edited by canklebreaker

1 minute ago, nathans82 said:

I definitely understand your point of view on it. I'm not trying to cause any issues, just wanted to do it to see if it would work to help out someone else out.

I wouldn't sweat it so much.  Any of those things could happen, only one of them probably will (your order will be canceled).  If you ended up at the current check-out screen (not the sandbox one), your payment info should be secure (or as secure as it always was).  I doubt they will terminate your account for what is really their mistake.

Realistically, you'll get a pretty generic email apologizing that they have to cancel your order.  Maybe a message to not use the sandbox page until it is live (but I don't even know if they'll know how you got to a cart with stock in it).

If you're lucky, you'll have secured one at MSRP :D  But I really, really, would not count on that.

2 hours ago, nathans82 said:

Ops, i just re read what I type and it seem to miss a sentence,..(mobile copy pasta) 

I understand your point too ,, preorder is not not easy and it's always good to be able to help a follow Macross fan out.  But what some people may just see this as a new way to bypass preorder madness.  

But let’s say they did not catch on to your order along with others that sneak in .  And come release date , they will mostly be short and now we are at the stage of shipping out peoples orders ,  depending on how their process is at holding someone’s order , they might ship your single order first since there’s always someone that is just waiting for other items to show up To save on shipping.     Guess what’s going to happen when that person request to ship all their items ,  they might be short a valk or 2 .   It will be similar to items missing holding from hlj privatewarehouse.  That person will not be happy .

I didn’t preorder from a-e but I’m just watching out for the person that did. 

Edited by F360

I just googled anime export and Macross and it came up. Hope it doesn’t affect anyone negatively. 

Anyways, bandaionline/kurama has the strike parts for $106 shipped slow with SAL. Can’t decide if I should pull the trigger or wait for a more reputable seller.

6 hours ago, Sayroll said:

I did for $168 , and paid with Paypal. It seems to good to be true, so it will probably be, but who knows...

It's up to $240 now.  Has anyone ever order from them before?  Shipped with EMS it's just a few bucks more than the item price on NY.

I wonder if they are still planning on releasing TV super parts. Don’t want to buy multiple Strike/Super parts as they are the DYRL style, and the first 2 releases are TV style Valks. Though, I know the 1J and 1A Max were never seen with Super Parts...but still.

I’m also assuming they will release Super parts each time a DYRL Valk is released? Kind of stupid not to. Would Bandai really expect people to PRE-preorder ALL the Strike/Super Parts they MAY need without knowing what Valks and when Bandai will be making.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

9 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I think all the variances in tampo, paint, armament detail, etc. might be somewhat intentional.  At this point, there are so many interpretations of the VF-1, it is incredibly hard (if not impossible) to say what is "correct."  So instead, when they make a new line, they try new things, different angles, lengths, etc.  It is partially about differentiating themselves from other existing products, maybe partially trying to find what looks best.  It is hit and miss; and sometimes they miss.  For me, the length of the pylons for the missile pods is a non-issue.  The various anime inconsistencies only reinforce the fact that these aren't real, and open to interpretation.  The later VFs, where more CAD is involved, might be a different category, where you could say more objectively what is and isn't correct.

I know there is what would be mechanically possible, or what more closely resembles real aircraft, and then there is stuff that has no basis in either.  But as someone who only collects sci-fi anime mecha, because it is sci-fi anime mecha, these inconsistencies don't bother me.  A part of me doesn't even want this to copy real-life aircraft too closely, because that isn't what I'm into (but that is just my personal taste).  Even if you were trying to make some kind of multi-purpose air/ground mech in real life, it is highly unlikely it would actually end up looking like any VF we have.  So... Bandai will Bandai, for sure.  But transforming-anime-robots will also be transforming-anime-robots.

But I do appreciate some of the custom work that goes on here.  To me, it just extends the realm of the hobby.

I don't mind the tampo either.  I like the "katoki" look of the tampo so busy.  I also like the clean looks of the valks from Yammie, minimalist.  

At this point, getting a preorder for a 1S is so hard, I'm not really concerned about the tampos or pylons.  I can nitpick when I get an order in at MSRP.

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Not sure I want to continue this line after Roy. Fully outfitting a single DX VF-1 makes Arcadia look inexpensive, to say nothing of the PO BS we have to endure. Which apparently includes web exclusives now too. 

Yup.  The cost of the DX missiles and strike pack cost as much as a fully outfitted arcadia valk and missiles and super parts.  Roy is probably in demand too, since so many peeps like me didn't get the VF1S Hikky.  Another board member said that Bandai's pricing is expensive if you fully outfit the valk, but you have the option of a naked valk which at MSRP is ok.  The strike pack compared with Yammie old pricing is ok too.  The DX missiles are a rip off.  Yammie included those with valk.  

I'll try for another preorder, but it's so hard to get it at MSRP, cuz we're competing with bots.  Not sure if can get into this line since I don't want to pay the scalper.  

One could almost consider the slight differences in the Toys as different production blocks of the VF-1. We know the VF-1’s depicted in DYRL are in universe later Block VF-1’s. Though, no toy has completely got that right yet. In fact I think most of the toys, regardless of paint scheme, are more or less hybrids between TV and DYRL style Valks. Only the 1/48 Hasegawa kit comes close to actually differentiating between the two styles, beyond the paint scheme that is.

Chris

7 minutes ago, Dobber said:

I wonder if they are still planning on releasing TV super parts. Don’t want to buy multiple Strike/Super parts as they are the DYRL style, and the first 2 releases are TV style Valks. Though, I know the 1J and 1A Max were never seen with Super Parts...but still.

I’m also assuming they will release Super parts each time a DYRL Valk is released? Kind of stupid not to. Would Bandai really expect people to PRE-preorder ALL the Strike/Super Parts they MAY need without knowing what Valks and when Bandai will be making.

Chris

Bandai doesn't usually re release TWE, but the second order was an exception since the first wave sold out of super parts in a few hours.  It's unknown whether Bandai will release parts for each of the DYRL valks.  Someone on the board said that Japanese collectors don't have much room so they'll buy one set of super parts for all their valks, because the insignia are mix and match.  If you're not into screen accuracy, you could put it onto your TV1J (if you got one) or the TV Max.  

2 minutes ago, Dobber said:

One could almost consider the slight differences in the Toys as different production blocks of the VF-1. We know the VF-1’s depicted in DYRL are in universe later Block VF-1’s. Though, no toy has completely got that right yet. In fact I think most of the toys, regardless of paint scheme, are more or less hybrids between TV and DYRL style Valks. Only the 1/48 Hasegawa kit comes close to actually differentiating between the two styles, beyond the paint scheme that is.

Chris

Yup hybrids.  That's why they come with square hands and TV round hands, to sell to both fans.  They should include both style of pilots too.  

8 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Only the 1/48 Hasegawa kit comes close to actually differentiating between the two styles, beyond the paint scheme that is.

Chris

Didn't the 1/72 Bandai VF-1 transforming kits from a few years ago also come in both flavors...TV and DYRL?  Thought the Roy was TV including a TV pilot and the VF-1S Hikaru included the DYRL pilot....additionally they did release two distinct SP/Armor sets for TV and DYRL...even going as far as to paint the RMS-1 missile tips red on the box art for the TV set and the armor and FP are also illustrated with different colors...

81ee9LDb6IL._SY679_.jpg 81PAV13doAL._SY741_.jpg

I hope when they release the TV FP armor they include some red-tipped RMS-1's....

What no toy company has gotten right is the different canopies between the TV and DYRL, The Hasegawa 1/48 came close but still didn’t get it completely right.

The DYRL block Valk canopies have a ressessed  “lip” at the front. They don’t blend with the nose leaving a recess that has vents, possibly bleed air vents? The forward frame is also different and the overall canopy shape, when viewed head on, is a more bubble shape (meaning the widest part of the canopy is actually not at the lower frame but higher up...around the pilots head level. The TV style canopy blends smoothly with the nose and when viewed head on has a more arched shape where the widest part is the bottom.

DYRL canopies. Note the forward lip with vent detail and the “pinched” bubble frame

69964FE0-05F5-4ECC-91E3-F1F91B5CC1E9.gif.5a569fde89babd6ec0c555e673d17cd2.gif

3C26B2D7-C052-40F0-8811-AE9E0CA896E2.thumb.jpeg.4d4b89d17e18a6465aa0bf400c34ee7f.jpeg

TV style smoothly blended and no “pinch” in the frame

283F8C42-B2D1-4124-84C0-F7EBA24A1CBA.gif.1ae7dfe2109c43fda644082dfc0ccc9d.gif

E77FBF7E-B6D2-4C66-8583-DBD5DCA1388C.gif.3184c2dd51d25a620d2a8719dac66b8b.gif

Profile compairison withe the further different Macross the First style.

3ACD1B4D-EF3C-47CE-90A9-1044AAAB2997.jpeg.1f40c8be70a9b17dd7a162e0395790eb.jpeg

BFE9F9EA-F05B-4986-81EF-C9C52A474726.jpeg.e823e6233ade38cf849bfded3c9e6991.jpeg

Chris

Edited by Dobber

19 minutes ago, Dobber said:

What no toy company has gotten right is the different canopies between the TV and DYRL, The Hasegawa 1/48 came close but still didn’t get it completely right.

The DYRL block Valk canopies have a ressessed  “lip” at the front. They don’t blend with the nose leaving a recess that has vents, possibly bleed air vents? The forward frame is also different and the overall canopy shape, when viewed head on, is a more bubble shape (meaning the widest part of the canopy is actually not at the lower frame but higher up...around the pilots head level. The TV style canopy blends smoothly with the nose and when viewed head on has a more arched shape where the widest part is the bottom.

DYRL canopies. Note the forward lip with vent detail and the “pinched” bubble frame

69964FE0-05F5-4ECC-91E3-F1F91B5CC1E9.gif.5a569fde89babd6ec0c555e673d17cd2.gif

3C26B2D7-C052-40F0-8811-AE9E0CA896E2.thumb.jpeg.4d4b89d17e18a6465aa0bf400c34ee7f.jpeg

TV style smoothly blended and no “pinch” in the frame

283F8C42-B2D1-4124-84C0-F7EBA24A1CBA.gif.1ae7dfe2109c43fda644082dfc0ccc9d.gif

E77FBF7E-B6D2-4C66-8583-DBD5DCA1388C.gif.3184c2dd51d25a620d2a8719dac66b8b.gif

Profile compairison withe the further different Macross the First style.

3ACD1B4D-EF3C-47CE-90A9-1044AAAB2997.jpeg.1f40c8be70a9b17dd7a162e0395790eb.jpeg

BFE9F9EA-F05B-4986-81EF-C9C52A474726.jpeg.e823e6233ade38cf849bfded3c9e6991.jpeg

Chris

Because it's so minor it's absolutely not worth the molding cost.

56 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Chris

Bandai does not have a history ever reissuing their web exclusives for Macross, so why would Bandai choose to start now? Better to order them all now and not have to risk paying inflated prices later, than take the chance of being gouged for strike parts later because Bandai doesn't do TWE reissues.

20 minutes ago, beatsing said:

and the pylons on the box missiles look longer too on the model kit

nice pics @jvmacross

Because whoever did the box art (Tenjin?) knows that super short, stumpy pylons with ordinance pressed up against the underside of the wings are unrealistic and looks dumb. :p

They have a large cockpit, I'm not sure if it was Kitzconcept, but the interior detail was impressive.  

On the DX, Bandai probably wouldn't bother.  Does anyone who has the DX in hand know if the interior is TV accurate with the joy stick in the middle?  Is the DX 1s have the joy sticks to the sides of the cockpit?

17 minutes ago, Lolicon said:
1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Chris

Bandai does not have a history ever reissuing their web exclusives for Macross, so why would Bandai choose to start now? Better to order them all now and not have to risk paying inflated prices later, than take the chance of being gouged for strike parts later because Bandai doesn't do TWE reissues.

IF they do rerelease anything it'll be in some updated pack, as in the Valk and the parts together that way they can peg it as a new item without making any new molds.

(like the YF-19 Full set displayed at the Macross cross over live)

19 minutes ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Just got an email from NY, saying they had the strike pack in stock. Was able to get one finally get one.

just a heads up:  These new open orders are most likely from the 2nd batch late orders:

Super Dimension Fortress Macross - DX Chogokin Movie VF-1 Strike / Super Parts Set

Bandai Premium Limited Edition

Pre-order, Early Orders: December 2019

Late Orders: April 2020

Japanese Version!

New, Never Opened and box in EXCELLENT condition!