Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, tjdetweiler said:

A-E strike/super packs is saying SOLD out as well - looks like they have fulfilled all orders, cancelled my proxy orders and ordered my 2x from them.

Glad your supers are now secured 

1 hour ago, F360 said:

Glad your supers are now secured 

Thanks bud! Looks like selling out now slowly - Mykombini opened but never saw the late - that 50% only deposit would've been nice.

Ordered immediately at A-E after seeing the P-Bandai site sold out. Have you secured yours, if yes, from a proxy? My proxy was too slow to order them from the P-Bandai site

23 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Thanks bud! Looks like selling out now slowly - Mykombini opened but never saw the late - that 50% only deposit would've been nice.

Ordered immediately at A-E after seeing the P-Bandai site sold out. Have you secured yours, if yes, from a proxy? My proxy was too slow to order them from the P-Bandai site

Yeah , I went with 2 proxy’s this time just incase one fail on me as it does happen on high demand items like metal builds.     One win , one fail .  So all is good .

also p Bandai will probably have some kind of update on that sold out item page sometimes in the next couple of days since it was over the weekend.

Should both of my proxy failed , I would’ve jump on Biginjapan and n-y, or a-E. That way I will be cover if either over sold .  But Biginjapan have always been a sure win for me .  And if I were to get a couple from n-y I would ship each individually since they don’t offer much saving on combine orders and should the package gets lost , I will not lose everything unless all separated packages gets lost , lol . 

4 minutes ago, theraiden said:

A peak into Bandai manufacturing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVHI7nKMqlE

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHbeasVraf4

Thought you guys might be interested :)

Those videos are for the Hobby Division, where the manufacturing is done in Japan.  For the Macross items, this video is probably closer to the real process:

18 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

Those videos are for the Hobby Division, where the manufacturing is done in Japan.  For the Macross items, this video is probably closer to the real process:

After watching this. I feel that the price (especially MSRP) asked for these toys are very reasonable, given the effort involved in producing them. Feel bad if low paying labour are involved to reduce the price.

Got my missile set in Saturday from NY. Still haven't tried to add them to the VF-1J yet. Later this week...

I decided to go ahead and pay for 1 strike set at NY for now. Going to hold off on pre-ordering either the Max or Hikaru upcoming valks. I'll take my chances release day for those guys.

6 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

The picture where it is facing to the right does look like the FAST Pack engine covers are removable. I've yet to see any indications of removable leg or missile pod covers in these pictures. Hopefully that wasn't a red herring in the schematic display.

They are sold out cos it is sold out on the Bandai official site.

Surprised that they are sold out so fast though since the official PO is opened just 3 days ago. Must be a lot of proxies snapping them up.

Usually when this happens you can expect to see a round of POs with a 2nd batch releasing at a later date.

8 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

is this the first time anyone has seen a TWE sell-out in stores? only been collecting a year and haven't read any discussion about this.

No , it happens on high demand metal builds and options parts .

8 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

They are sold out cos it is sold out on the Bandai official site.

Surprised that they are sold out so fast though since the official PO is opened just 3 days ago. Must be a lot of proxies snapping them up.

Usually when this happens you can expect to see a round of POs with a 2nd batch releasing at a later date.

It sold out in under 3 hours from preorder opening on p-Bandai’s website .   Everything after is just stores selling what’re stock they were able to get from p-Bandai in those hours .   

Many are waiting for the usual 2nd batch announcements.  Even the proxy stores , haha.

1 minute ago, F360 said:

It sold out in under 3 hours from preorder opening on p-Bandai’s website .   Everything after is just stores selling what’re stock they were able to get from p-Bandai in those hours .   

Many are waiting for the usual 2nd batch announcements.  Even the proxy stores , haha.

I am pretty sure the Japanese domestic collectors will be complaining so Bandai will pacify them and come up with a round 2 PO. We should see it open again by mid June,

10 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

I am pretty sure the Japanese domestic collectors will be complaining so Bandai will pacify them and come up with a round 2 PO. We should see it open again by mid June,

You are probably right , by the way , were you able to secure one ? 

2 hours ago, tjdetweiler said:

Thanks for the post!

2 hours ago, Matt Random said:

The picture where it is facing to the right does look like the FAST Pack engine covers are removable. I've yet to see any indications of removable leg or missile pod covers in these pictures. Hopefully that wasn't a red herring in the schematic display.

Hopefully so! Still don’t understand why bandai hasn’t displayed a peep of them removed. After all it’s been promo’ed and displayed a few times already..

Edited by seti88

Thx for heads up guys.  Ordered the last strike set on eBay (for now) for 117 shipped.  Like the post prior at 500 plus for “complete” setup it’s quite xpensive . Maybe the Hikaru one will just have to suffice. 

36 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Are they reopening pos for just the strike pack or the valk itself?

If they do , it will just be for the strike packs because it’s twe p-Bandai and they do 2nd batches here and there .

The valk was a standard release, so it will be a no for now .

2 hours ago, CharlesXavier said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they wait till later on in the year so that people who manage to get a VF-1S in the store will be able to order their strike packs after they've locked down the Valk