Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

On 6/5/2019 at 8:35 PM, Kanzaki said:

I conceded defeat and order from NY at 27K Yen. Not a big fan of NY but alas still cheaper than 38k Yen asking price on Amazon JP.

Here’s to hoping NY doesn’t screw me over.

Just updating my recent PO with NY for the DX VF1S. So I pulled the trigger and PO’ed the VF-1S for 27K Yen on NY. It was shown on my Order History as “Payment Processing”. No confirmation email was sent.

The very next day I received an email from NY stating there was a payment failure, which is to my surprise because I’m using the same credit card for previous purchase on NY with no issue. I called my credit card centre and was made known that “the payment went through but was subsequently refunded by Vendor”.

So I got in touch with NY customer service and they responded half a day later stating “there was a payment failure and the money was refunded”. Now I’m no rocket scientist, but when you said “payment failure” and “refund”, it begs the question whether NY actually “received” the money but subsequently “refunded” due to gawd-knows-what-reason.

Knowing it was a lost cause to argue and so long my card wasn’t charged, I left the matter at it is. This morning I saw the VF-1S re-listed for 28K Yen. Yup, I leave the afterthoughts to you guys.

Anyhow, I’m not re-ordering the VF-1S with NY. 

Anyone ever intercept a package? I just moved and I made a dumb decision not to update my address for NY. Since I had paid already the address can’t be changed. I was wondering once the package arrives can I redirect to my new address?

1 minute ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Anyone ever intercept a package? I just moved and I made a dumb decision not to update my address for NY. Since I had paid already the address can’t be changed. I was wondering once the package arrives can I redirect to my new address?

That likely depends on your shipping method.  SAL and EMS will ultimately be delivered by USPS so have you filled out the info to have mail forwarded, etc?  I would look into that.  If it was UPS, then you'd look into how they deal with address changes.

37 minutes ago, Kanzaki said:

Just updating my recent PO with NY for the DX VF1S. So I pulled the trigger and PO’ed the VF-1S for 27K Yen on NY. It was shown on my Order History as “Payment Processing”. No confirmation email was sent.

The very next day I received an email from NY stating there was a payment failure, which is to my surprise because I’m using the same credit card for previous purchase on NY with no issue. I called my credit card centre and was made known that “the payment went through but was subsequently refunded by Vendor”.

So I got in touch with NY customer service and they responded half a day later stating “there was a payment failure and the money was refunded”. Now I’m no rocket scientist, but when you said “payment failure” and “refund”, it begs the question whether NY actually “received” the money but subsequently “refunded” due to gawd-knows-what-reason.

Knowing it was a lost cause to argue and so long my card wasn’t charged, I left the matter at it is. This morning I saw the VF-1S re-listed for 28K Yen. Yup, I leave the afterthoughts to you guys.

Anyhow, I’m not re-ordering the VF-1S with NY. 

I've had the same with NY.  I ordered a figure from them (not Macross).  It was about 20 dollars above MSRP, but not like the gouging right now.  They cancelled my order, saying that they were out of stock.  The next day they listed the same figure but for 40 bucks more.  It was a figure that I watched for a while, they didn't move that stock.  They just decided to price gouge.  

1 minute ago, VF-Zer0S said:

If you have a competent PO...they should know that you moved.  I think they keep redirecting your mail for a few months, so depending on how long ago you moved, you should still get it.  It may be worth going to your previous PO and asking if that is what will happen or if they can put in an alert to hold it for you once it comes in.  

25 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

FWIW I've change my address with NY after payment.  You just have to submit a ticket, and they can do it (you can't do it yourself).

They'll drag their feet, and you might even have to follow up with them (in their CS chat), but they did it for me, eventually.  

This is assuming they haven't shipped it yet, ofc.

Edited by HardlyNever

1 hour ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Anyone ever intercept a package? I just moved and I made a dumb decision not to update my address for NY. Since I had paid already the address can’t be changed. I was wondering once the package arrives can I redirect to my new address

if it has already shipped, In your case, you should go to your old post office and complete a forwarding address form.

Edited by Ridden001

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Oh man, that sucks! I have had things there for well over a year and no problems. How long did you say (if you did) your stuff sat there?

No problem! You are well known to go out of your way to help people here so I didn't want @canklebreaker to get the wrong idea.

I definitely didn’t think it was a personal jab, sorry if it wasn’t clear. Just stating that if someone needs help and someone was able to, would’ve been nice to. But that’s enough of that convo, don’t want to derail it any further.

Thanks for the references to read up on.

Edited by canklebreaker

Just now, tjdetweiler said:

Hi guys, just noticed on the Pbandai site for the strike/super packs are saying 0 stock, meaning thats it, no more? I thought TWE are made to order?

Just emailes my proxy if they were able to get my order for 2x.

They make as many as are ordered but there's an upper limit to how many the factory can produce which sets the cut off limit.

Granted if things sell out this fast they'll probably do a second order run, but those poor saps won't get them until waaaay later when the factory has time again.

14 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Anime export still allows for pre orders, so can people still pre order them and get it? Lucky I ordered one set earlier from them 

Well if they already locked down a set of stock then it should be fine. The problem is if they're just letting their order page run and planned to order them later.

Lets hope its the former

On another note, I was playing with my 1J and noticed that I will not be able to use the special flight stand if I put the strike pack on it, the way it holds the fighter will not allow supers to be attached to the forearms

6 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

If the item is not shipped yet, you try can contact them. If the new address is in the same country and province then it should be no issue at worst they can ask you more money for shipping.

BUT if them item is already shipped like mine, you can ask your local post office for help by giving them the tracking number and asked them to not deliver your package to your address and tell them that you will pick it up instead.

1 hour ago, That one dude said:

The Premium Bandai website says they are all sold out of Strike packs, so unless someone cancels that looks like that's it for orders for now.

For a PB item that went by faaaaaast, took less that 2 hours from when they opened orders.12.PNG.7f2fcc4cdc361dfa113f1a7304cad382.PNGi

Did NY bought them all? LolB))

They have close to 2k sets of them last checked.

My proxy order for the SSP change status from order pending to ordered awaiting arrival.

I hope this means the order went through.

I should have ordered more to help out those that have not yet ordered. Was so relax about this and not rushing because I expect the ordering window will be much longer.

Are the popularity of the DX VF-1 line attract scalpers to get this? If Bandai never reissues p-Bandai item, then these going to cost some pretty pennies later.

Wish there will be an increase of order limit a bit later after Bandai realise what is happening.

56 minutes ago, That one dude said:

whaaaaaa, were does it say that lol
I'm here in Japan and having a hard time finding another set >.<

Left 1.5k now. I am unable to check out as some were sold while they were in my cart.

IMG_20190607_191215.jpg

Edited by Tenbatsu

Did they actually go on sale from the Bandai website? I can't believe they would stop within a couple hours. Maybe it's some kind of website error.

I bit the bullet and bought a handful from NY yesterday. Figured it was best to stock up since it looks like there will be a full or mostly full DYRL lineup.

Now my credit card is a smoldering pile of ash from paying up front for the VF-1A, VF-1S and Super/Strike. Sigh...Bandai