Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I personally just use a proxy service. NY charges 500yen per item, and additional shipping. The proxy charges 500yen per order, and no inflated shipping (you do need to pay domestic shipping though). For order larger than 1 item it usually comes out lower, and they also have better customer service and do a warehouse/combined shipping thing.

I did Bandaionline (Kurasama Shop) for my missiles but still don't have them and tracking still shows them not in the system. I did BiginJap for the DX VF-31 armor, I've used them for some specialty stuff in the past without issue but they don't take a ton of orders. I also have used NY many times in the past and a proxy before that.

1 hour ago, dafob said:

So I'm new to TWE items and never had the pleasure of placing an order before.  I wanna get the super parts on 6/7. 

Sorry if this question has been beaten to death but where's the best place to order from (price and reputation)?

I really want to suggest NY since they always carry TWE. But sometimes they ship the items slow knowing that it's already been released it worries me sometimes if they have the item or not. So I think the best way to go is use proxy service. That way, the proxy service itself in Japan orders directly from Tamashii Store.

Edit: About prices, as long that the proxy gets it at MSRP, the better. But overall, if you really want to compute prices, both proxy service and NY, their differences is really not that far-off. And this is if you order the first batch from NY and not the marked-up price.

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I really want to suggest NY since they always carry TWE. But sometimes they ship the items slow knowing that it's already been released it worries me sometimes if they have the item or not. So I think the best way to go is use proxy service. That way, the proxy service itself in Japan orders directly from Tamashii Store.

Edit: About prices, as long that the proxy gets it at MSRP, the better. But overall, if you really want to compute prices, both proxy service and NY, their differences is really not that far-off. And this is if you order the first batch from NY and not the marked-up price.

Which proxy service order directly from Tamashii Store? I am using FromJapan but don't see Tamashii Store option there.

28 minutes ago, kkx said:

Which proxy service order directly from Tamashii Store? I am using FromJapan but don't see Tamashii Store option there.

Just paste the Tamashii or P-Bandai page URL for the item into the search bar, and then fill out the request form that pops up.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

TWE - Timed Web Exclusive, I believe.

Thing is, people treat TWE as if you won't have problems with them.  I believe the VF-31A was a TWE (which is why it was the only time I've ever ordered 2 of something, thinking it was a safe deal), and it took NY literally months post release to ship my product.

30 minutes ago, oshanmacross said:

May I ask what TWE is ^_^

Might just order from NY this weekend if no miracle stock shows up anywhere cheaper.
If they still have it ~_^

19 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

TWE - Timed Web Exclusive, I believe.

Thing is, people treat TWE as if you won't have problems with them.  I believe the VF-31A was a TWE (which is why it was the only time I've ever ordered 2 of something, thinking it was a safe deal), and it took NY literally months post release to ship my product.

TWE = Tamashii Web Exclusive.

The 31A was a one time situation and in the end, they still delivered. Really, everyone should shop however makes them most comfortable. I stick with NY whenever I can and mostly because they have the lowest initial preorder prices and offer the cheapest (also slowest) shipping.

23 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just paste the Tamashii or P-Bandai page URL for the item into the search bar, and then fill out the request form that pops up.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, oshanmacross said:

Are you saying the 1S is available from Tamashii Store? 

We are talking the fast pack TWE that is coming up soon.

Just now, NeoVanguard said:

Did they give a date for pre-ordering of the the Strike Packs yet?

No offense, but this has been answered a million times.  So for any noobs (which I still consider myself one) take the time to search in the thread or familiarize yourself with the searching field on the forum.  You can search a keyword in a topic, thread, etc.

To answer your question, June 7th.  :)

I think the 31A in particular is an aberration in the usual TWE process.  We'll likely never find out what went down behind the scenes to make that release such a disaster, but in the end, despite the terrible/non-existent communication on the matter, NY did come through and deliver what was ordered (nearly a year late, in some cases, I believe).

In general, TWE releases are something that shouldn't have any pre-order madness, and there shouldn't be any shortage, because Bandai should be basing its production quantities on the pre-orders.  This is why the VF-31A was such an odd case.. something happened to that production that caused it either to be heavily delayed, or smaller than the pre-order amounts.

The big trick with TWE releases though?  You probably don't want to wait too long, just for peace of mind.  There should be no issue getting stock of the items, but what you want to keep in mind is that if you're on the fence about buying the item? Buy it anyway.  Bandai does not re-release TWE items (or I've never seen them do it), so if you think you'll ever possibly want one, buy it now.  Getting in a pre-order, and deciding later that you don't need it will save you a lot of money over skipping the pre-order, and deciding later that you really want one.

Ask anyone who missed out buying Ozma's VF-25S armor pack about how they feel.  These days, I pretty much purchase any TWE Macross item as a rule, whether I think I'll need one or not, because the demand for them will always be there.

Edited by Chronocidal

11 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

No offense, but this has been answered a million times.  So for any noobs (which I still consider myself one) take the time to search in the thread or familiarize yourself with the searching field on the forum.  You can search a keyword in a topic, thread, etc.

To answer your question, June 7th.  :)

Thanks, The conversions dialog went though so fast that even searching for strike packs takes a couple of pages to come thru.  I am assuming the same JST time as the 1S release?

Okay...switching it to move this conversation along.

Speculation on what coming after the 1S in Nov? Or what is next "Most desired" release?

Was the 1J a flook or test subject? Because it seems like the window between that and the 1A versus the VF-1A to the 1S was a bigger difference in time between the first 2 releases.

Edited by Alphahorizon

4 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Speculation on what coming after the 1S in Nov? Or what is next "Most desired" release?

Was the 1J a flook or test subject? Because it seems like the window between that and the 1A versus the VF-1A to the 1S was a bigger difference in time between the first 2 releases.

My hot take on this line: This will only be 1J, 1S, and 1A variants (no vt-1, ve-1, or 1D).  Most desired release is gotta be a Roy 1S.  Next release will probably be a "lower popularity" release.  Maybe a DYRL 1A of some flavor.  Mass production type, even?

I hope, and daresay even believe, TV Kakizaki will be made, and will be a TWE.

4 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Maybe the DYRL Max 1A? Although having two Max 1As so close may not be a good idea.

Maybe a TV Roy?

I don't think they'll do a TV what's him name (last Vermillion guy) this soon after the TV Max 1-A. Maybe they'll throw a curve ball and do his DYRL 1A next.

I don't think we'll see Max & Milia 1Js until the Max 1A is out. Or maybe the Max 1A was a more limited run since the 1J is in the queue.

9 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

The VF-1J is not a test subject for Bandai. Think of it like the RX-78. It’s the icon figure for a show. Even though people will say that Roy’s 1S is the famous one, Hikaru’s 1J will always be the icon for SDFM. Same applies on Hikaru’s 1S for the DYRL Movie. In a sense, it’s the safe model to release.

Just now, HardlyNever said:

My hot take on this line: This will only be 1J, 1S, and 1A variants (no vt-1, ve-1, or 1D).  Most desired release is gotta be a Roy 1S.  Next release will probably be a "lower popularity" release.  Maybe a DYRL 1A of some flavor.  Mass production type, even?

I hope, and daresay even believe, TV Kakizaki will be made, and will be a TWE.

It’s very hard to claim that Kaki’s Valk ‘will be’ a TWE until an official announcements that it’s going to be made happens first. But yeah, the safe releases or sould I say the more chances it’s going to sell is going to come from the Vermillion or Skull Squadron Valkyries.

8 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

any word on the strike pack ordering coming up in the next day or so?

In case you missed the few posts above you, the preorder for that is going to open on June 7.

6 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000135484/

Link up - looks like swappable Marks - green, black, red (Correct me if I'mr wrong)

Strike/Super pack

yup.. 

Appeared work  Movie version Macross: do you remember love ・
 Main item contents  ・ Strike pack set 
 ・ Scull mark parts 4 
 ・ HMMP-02 Micro missile pod (left) 
 ・ Base attachment for fighter

super.PNG.6683a1233b009ed147421cf0c1553b13.PNG

11 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000135484/

Link up - looks like swappable Marks - green, black, red (Correct me if I'mr wrong)

Strike/Super pack

I can’t see it in the states. P-Bandai always pushes to the US site which doesn’t carry macross

Edit: works in safari but not chrome.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

22 minutes ago, F360 said:

yup.. 

・ Scull mark parts 4 

Here is a translation. Looks like we know who they intend to release in the DYRL line...

9C37F6E8-2BC1-49F4-A71C-95E78FE214E7.jpeg

29 minutes ago, F360 said:

yup.. 

・ Scull mark parts 4 

That sucks there is no Skull emblem for Hikaru's VF-1A  -  011.

Edited by Saburo

4 minutes ago, Saburo said:

That sucks there is no Skull emblem for Hikaru's VF-1A  -  011.

I see that as a reason for Bandai to release a all in one DYRL VF-1A hikaru super/strike combo set later..  

34 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Looks like they really will do the entire movie squadron. 

No 013 which means you'll have to buy another later for Hikaru's 1A. 

Silly idea, but not entirely impossible: what if the red skull mark pieces are double sided, and one side is 011 and the other 001??

33 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Here is a translation. Looks like we know who they intend to release in the DYRL line...

9C37F6E8-2BC1-49F4-A71C-95E78FE214E7.jpeg

Thanks bud!

Quick question, I know that POs are live tomorrow, already ask proxy if they can order, would they be able to order it for me when it goes live?

Or do I have to send them a link when the item goes live?