Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Same here. Looks like NY just opened another wave at 27k. (Too bad I missed the 25k wave). After having absolutely no luck at 3am, this is not entirely bad. I have come to term that this line's real price is really around 25-30k anyway. Similar price range that I had accepted for great sets like Cyber Formula Super Asurada VA Hi-Spec and Gundam GP-01 Formania. For a nice quality set like this I'm okay with this but it will be one-off only.

1 minute ago, Matt Random said:

A couple of questions...

1. When is the Strike Pack supposed to go up for preorder?

2. Has NY every failed to deliver aside from the VF-31A?

1. June 7th

2. From my limited experience, no, but they CAN take a long time to fill their orders.  Disclosure:  I got my single 31A order from them after like 7 months.  Still waiting on my DX VF-1 missile set to be shipped.

I don't believe NY failed on the VF-31A. I got all my orders. The second one was waaaaaaaaaaaaay late, but they definitely came through at the pre-order price. Eventually they must have addressed all the preorders because they put them up a few on their site at a significantly higher amount after each pre-order had been fulfilled. IIRC, everyone that had a PO and didn't get it, explicitly cancelled with them. I don't believe there was anyone who had their PO unfulfilled from them (unlike some other vendors who did cancel POs). They took ages, but they came through.

I struck out w/ 1A and 1S.  Even though I ended up w/ neither I thought I had a better chance w/ 1A. I can only imagine how bad it'll be when Skull leader comes out. I guess I better get my wallet ready for the upcharge.

BTW, my cart is still spinning on HLJ from the night before. lol. I'm going to close the window now.

Edited by fry

13 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

How did NY get so much stock? I did a mass checkout each time before it was sold out and it goes like 100, 50, 50, 50, 135 (currently). Not sure how many were there for the initial offering thou.

From what I've gleaned from the forums here, for any N-Y pre-orders beyond the initial offering they basically act as a vertically-integrated proxy service. They're sourced from other retailers.

I'm still holding out... It is still in my HLJ cart this morning. Even if they charge me months down the line.... As long as I get one I'm happy. On a side note, Mandarake in Akihabara has a VF-1J, along with missile set. My wife and son are in Japan right now. And before you ask, no I didn't buy them. :(

1 hour ago, colonelheero said:

Same here. Looks like NY just opened another wave at 27k. (Too bad I missed the 25k wave). After having absolutely no luck at 3am, this is not entirely bad. I have come to term that this line's real price is really around 25-30k anyway. Similar price range that I had accepted for great sets like Cyber Formula Super Asurada VA Hi-Spec and Gundam GP-01 Formania. For a nice quality set like this I'm okay with this but it will be one-off only.

I tried my luck at trying to PO a unit but after a few hours and many frustrating moments, I have come to terms that paying NY @ 27k was perhaps the best or only option for me. I used to have a good friend who would help preorder the valks for me......now i know how he feels. 

7 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

From what I've gleaned from the forums here, for any N-Y pre-orders beyond the initial offering they basically act as a vertically-integrated proxy service. They're sourced from other retailers.

I see. The amount of units they are able to obtained for the VF-1S is really quite something. They even have 143 GX-88 for sale now :O

NY is just full of shit.   I'm fine with a price raise after the release date or earlier if people cancel orders.  This holding back stock is the worst and they get us suckers to pay because all the other stores quickly sale out.

Some of the other stores sold out so quickly that no human could submit orders that fast. Scalpers are either using bots or there's employees buying them first.  A modern day version of breaking open the case in the backroom and putting what you want resell on the side. 

4 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

NY is just full of crap.   I'm fine with a price raise after the release date or earlier if people cancel orders.  This holding back stock is the worst and they get us suckers to pay because all the other stores quickly sale out.

Some of the other stores sold out so quickly that no human could submit orders that fast. Scalpers are either using bots or there's employees buying them first.  A modern day version of breaking open the case in the backroom and putting what you want resell on the side. 

What is your evidence they are holding back stock? Their initial offering seemed just as small as what everyone else got.

If they are acquiring additional stock at MSRP, why should they be obligated to take a loss and sell it at MSRP?

Edited by MikeRoz

17 minutes ago, jenius said:

Anime Export is still showing my order as unpaid... hopefully that gets resolved. Sent them a ticket to hopefully prevent the automatic dropping of my order.

Can you post a screenshot of your order page where it shows unpaid?

For those holding out on HLJ... I've been connecting with a customer service rep since 1A (though it did nothing for my endeavor last night).  Anyway, it's sold out.  Period.

we had hundreds of people trying and we didn't have a large number to put up for sale right off the bat.

So, I wouldn't waste time trying to process payment.  It might just get cancelled on you or tell you that you can't proceed.  Keep it in your cart and stay alert.  If they get more stock, you'll already have it ready to process.  That's how I got one at NY during the first 2nd wave release.  Got cartjacked at MSRP waiting for the Payment screen to process so it was in my cart already.  And landed one at that markup.

Like I said at the beginning of last night.  Gotta go into this madness like you would Vegas.  Set your limits ahead of time, know how much you're willing to lose, and have fun.  If you win, even better. 

I'm not mad about the markup at NY, cuz it's still going to be cheaper or equal to anything you find.  For those that missed out, if you want it bad enough, be ready for release day and likely pay that markup anyway.  Or go to Lapooza for a similar markup now.  I missed 1J PO and the night he was released I saw the markup madness after everyone got jacked.  I thought it would level out since it was a "first edition."  Yeah, it hasn't.  I was lucky to find one from another collector for about what I paid last night to NY and that is cheap compared to Mandarake or eBay.  I was lucky to snag a 1A at MSRP.

Vegas baby.  You win some you lose some.  But most importantly play with...

OG2hHwW.jpg

5 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I was surprised by the server crashing man. Usually I get the CDjpan email immediately and get the item and boom done but it’s took 5 mins and within those 5 mins it all sold out lol. 

Dude...it sucked.  I was cartjacked trying to pay by CDJapan, Kurama Shop (those bastards had the nerve to send me an email saying "hey you have something in your cart...you should check out,") and N-Y.  Ami Ami cartjacked while going to the order page after adding to cart.  And HLJ just sat there with "Adding to cart."  So, I was able to get far with bloody 5 of them with nothing to show at MSRP.  HA.  I guess I'm a sucker for punishment?

4 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

$320 is hard to fork up after just dropping $375 on 1J...trying to decide soon to pull the trigger or not.

Totally.  I feel you.  My damn screen name throws me under the bus though.  I had to get this one.  With EMS it cost me $300 at NY.

Time to go sell some of stuff to make up for this....

7 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

$320 is hard to fork up after just dropping $375 on 1J...trying to decide soon to pull the trigger or not.

You can lessen the blow a bit by using airmail. 30k shipped. I just pulled the trigger. Worst case if I got buyer's remorse I know I can always resell it at cost

55 minutes ago, jenius said:

Anime Export is still showing my order as unpaid... hopefully that gets resolved. Sent them a ticket to hopefully prevent the automatic dropping of my order.

i have no luck with them this time, their site just show me random code error during pre-order madness everytime i open product page. 

Just now, Rein+ said:

i have no luck with them this time, their site just show me random code error during pre-order madness everytime i open product page. 

Yeah, I had to struggle through that a few times but managed to get one in.