Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

Why is it that Nin-Nin is saying that the item is no longer in stock?

4 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

Nin-Nin shows "This product is no longer available. However I haven't even seen tonight where it went live at all.

1 minute ago, Alphahorizon said:

Nin-Nin shows "This product is no longer available. However I haven't even seen tonight where it went live at all.

I am not sure if actually went live yet. I juse see "Soon Available"

OK I see that now. Will move it to the other secton

Edited by Valkyrie23

1 minute ago, Valkyrie23 said:

I am not sure if actually went live yet. I just see "Soon Available"

Yeah, and I cannot say I recall (though these old bones have grown a little less sharp) seeing the "Not available." But now I do as well as "Soon available"

Just now, Chronocidal said:

Not sure that would help this anyway, unless you're talking about notifications later on.

You could be right, I remember them as being pretty spot on the moment something opened up but I never really timed it out to see if there was a delay.

But anytime I checked as soon as I received the notification the product was available. It was only if I was late getting to the email did I miss out.

Either way, that or a similarly reliable service would be great. It's 5:38 AM EST and I've been up since 2:45 AM (only because I don't have work).

-b.

So, during the madness, I was able to create an order for the marked-up version at N-Y. I could not pay for this order, as I kept getting PayPal errors upon being redirected back to N-Y. I tried this four or five times with the same result. Finally, I clicked 'cancel' on the "you need to pay for your order" page that came up when visiting N-Y. This resulted in a cancelled order in my order history. By then, the site was responding more quickly, and I was able to get in a second order and pay for it.

Well, PayPal just sent me a receipt for the first order, and in my order history screen it's been resurrected to 'Payment OK' status. Should I risk their wrath by attempting to cancel?

EDIT: Back up at N-Y! Same mark-up price: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/28337-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-movie-vf-1s-valkyrie-ichijou-hikaru-custom.html

Edited by MikeRoz

Just now, beatsing said:

This crap is driving me away from Macross again.  

I admit, it's safer for your wallet. :p 

I'm not so upset about the markup.  I would have paid that earlier, if the sites had worked.  If that's what it takes to reduce the scalper nonsense, so be it. :huh: 

2 minutes ago, beatsing said:

If that article about Bandai combatting scalpers is accurate, they should do that for Macross.  If Bandai can make a second run of Eva in a month for yhe fans they should do it for Macross fans.

I whole heartily agree with you @beatsing

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I admit, it's safer for your wallet. :p 

I'm not so upset about the markup.  I would have paid that earlier, if the sites had worked.  If that's what it takes to reduce the scalper nonsense, so be it. :huh: 

I don’t feed the scalpers.  If we do, it’ll encourage them to scalp some more and none of us will get a preorder.  

6 minutes ago, beatsing said:

If that article about Bandai combatting scalpers is accurate, they should do that for Macross.  If Bandai can make a second run of Eva in a month for yhe fans they should do it for Macross fans.

Bandai is not combatting scalpers. They can care less. Eva was a one time exception bc the creator was persuaded by fan outrage.  All Bandai cares about is Gundam, that their collectibles are hot, and sell out so they hold no inventory

Edited by Valkyrie23

Just now, beatsing said:

I don’t feed the scalpers.  If we do, it’ll encourage them to scalp some more and none of us will get a preorder.  

Oh, I'm thinking more in terms of the prices going higher in general.  I don't like it, but sites that require paying up front at a higher cost are a great scalper deterrent.

Whether NY's practices qualify as scalping is up for grabs though.  I'd be perfectly happy if more sites required payment up front.

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Oh, I'm thinking more in terms of the prices going higher in general.  I don't like it, but sites that require paying up front at a higher cost are a great scalper deterrent.

Whether NY's practices qualify as scalping is up for grabs though.  I'd be perfectly happy if more sites required payment up front.

Ny acts like diamond companies.  Deliberately hold back quantities to drive up prices.  

So inevitably there are gonna be blood diamonds aka ko’s.  Arcadia already has this problem and I think there are ko of some dx.  As a fan, I don’t mind supporting the artists but I don’t like feeding all these parasites.  

It’s like finding out your diamond ring is a blood diamond.

Think I'm just going to call this at 1, and be done.  I don't need duplicates, especially if they go and make Hikaru's 1A as well.

Probably time to revise my planned purchases.. depending on what Bandai deems worthy of producing in this line. :p Hopefully will get the Hikaru and Roy 1S.. Probably stick to a VF-1D, VT-1 (please?), and DYRL Brownie 1A then.

Much as I like M&M 1Js, I've got too many of those already.

Far as the blood diamond analogy goes.. you can't really call out any of the distributors when Bandai is the king of that entire scheme.  They're the ones restricting the supply from the very start.

Edited by Chronocidal

13 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Don't know about that, I missed out on MB Eva to pre-order madness both times. The problem is the low quantity compared to demand that Bandai produces.

-b.

Was the second preorder just as bad madness or did you not know about the preorder?

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Think I'm just going to call this at 1, and be done.  I don't need duplicates, especially if they go and make Hikaru's 1A as well.

Probably time to revise my planned purchases.. depending on what Bandai deems worthy of producing in this line. :p Hopefully will get the Hikaru and Roy 1S.. Probably stick to a VF-1D, VT-1 (please?), and DYRL Brownie 1A then.

Much as I like M&M 1Js, I've got too many of those already.

Far as the blood diamond analogy goes.. you can't really call out any of the distributors when Bandai is the king of that entire scheme.  They're the ones restricting the supply from the very start.

Congrats on getting one.  Again empty handed.  You’re right about Bandai restricting it, but it could be the employees who are in cahoots with the scalpers.  Ticketmaster was doing that with scalpers, they got a cut.