Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Won't it be funny if NY also competed with us to order from those other shops to sell their slightly higher priced ones?

Always speculated it's their regular SOP since from a long time ago to make sure they're the only ones with stocks so they can jack their pricing. 

And not just with Macross items...

Just now, Roy Focker said:

Should I pay $289 with shipping at NY?

I did for the VF-1A Max, but I wont  with NY again. I felt dirty. Look at Buyee now with the VF-1A, the prices have went down. Yes, they are still marked up...but NY, at least for me, seems F'd up to take that type of advantage on its customers. I expect it from scalpers.

Well I'm a dirty SOB and paid for the jacked up N-Y price since it didn't seem to be that much higher than the guy that got one thru proxy at Amazon.

For those still in queue I just checked and it's still available, no pay-later option, for the low, low cost of $260.58 or 25,800.

Yes, N-Y are absolutely scalpers.

-b

Just now, Chronocidal said:

HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN?  Sorry, I'm just completely bewildered.  People have been waiting the entire night for NY to load.  How can you suddenly load it, and get to the marked-up order before it's gone too??

Yeah, I am still at 602, down from 1301 when it started

Had to cancel my N-Y order and make a new one, but I finally stopped getting PayPal errors. 30300 JPY total shipped.

Here's a question for the VF-1J early adopters among us - how hard was that one to snag on or around release day at MSRP?

Just now, Chronocidal said:

HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN?  Sorry, I'm just completely bewildered.  People have been waiting the entire night for NY to load.  How can you suddenly load it, and get to the marked-up order before it's gone too??

I started in the site early on in the night like 30 min before madness and then stayed searching in the site.  I never went to the ticket.  BUT, while I was waiting to process payment it cartjacked me.  So I just purchased the markup.

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

maybe he was in all this time while we were waiting, thus we could not get in

1 minute ago, MikeRoz said:

Had to cancel my N-Y order and make a new one, but I finally stopped getting PayPal errors. 30300 JPY total shipped.

Here's a question for the VF-1J early adopters among us - how hard was that one to snag on or around release day at MSRP?

It was a piece of pie. No one knew it would be such a great fig so not as much competition. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

1 minute ago, MikeRoz said:

That one was pretty easy for me

1 minute ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I started in the site early on in the night like 30 min before madness and then stayed searching in the site.  I never went to the ticket.  BUT, while I was waiting to process payment it cartjacked me.  So I just purchased the markup.

See, even that didn't work for me.  I've been trying to load it all freakin night.  I never saw more than the ticket line page in the two hours since I started this nonsense.

Just now, spacemanoeuvres said:

It was a piece of pie. No one knew it would be such a feat fig so not as much competition. 

Well, I guess Max's -1A will be a test balloon. Though, a protagonist vehicle like this will undoubtedly be worse...

Just now, HayateAltoHunter said:

Me too....did the markup NY after getting to payment screen at original PO price and having it crap out. 

Got two spinning screens at HLJ proceeding to checkout, been an hour and still spinning :(

Same.

And I'll let that damn thing spin for a week out of pure spite for HLJ's new sh!tty checkout process.

-b.

Just now, MikeRoz said:

Bit the bullet and just ordered from N-Y at 25,800 yen so I could just get it over with.

The VF-1J was much easier. I was actually able order one from both CDJ and HLJ so I just ended up canceling my HLJ order.