Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Just now, dapro said:

Amiami limit to one per household. There was no limit last before right?

I believe it was 2 on the 1J and 1 on the 1A

2 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I have never had ANY luck with Hobby Search (1999.co.jp) - their page always goes straight from pre-orders not yet open to sold out.

100% this. I've never even sniffed a PO with them.

13 hours ago, JetJockey said:

So I guess people are running bots on these sites like Mondo posters?

Orders like ours this high of unique quantity are sent into a blackhole as the security appliance thinks it is a possible attack.

Edited by oshanmacross

1 hour ago, oshanmacross said:

Us paperboys used to ride the bus from the LAX area to DTLA and just go insane!
Other stop was Books Nippan on 6th.
Maybe get out with a Yamato or Megazone 23 poster...
Those more lucky had a ARII or IMAII model.

Sry, Forgive this old timer for derailing thread ^_^

I was in the Books Nippon shop on 6th around the same Macross Plus came out, they had a promotional poster on the wall with Isamu on the front, though they wouldn't sell it to me I did end buying some awesome books from them... good times! 

26 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I have never had ANY luck with Hobby Search (1999.co.jp) - their page always goes straight from pre-orders not yet open to sold out.

I've managed a couple of times, but you really have to be riding the wind to get a preorder there. <_<

9 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I've managed a couple of times, but you really have to be riding the wind to get a preorder there. <_<

I’ve basically given up on them and am not going to even waste time trying. Time that could be spent on other PO sites with much bigger chances of success... 

Unfortunately you cannot URL sniff HLJ PO pages because they only become active publicly when HLJ opens the PO. ;)

You can however spam the link at 1600 JST and maybe 1-5 minutes later the link will work and mad rush to attempt to check out.

17 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

The moment the PO begins, everyone will be like this! :lol:

That's hilarious. I've never seen this cartoon before.

I wonder what happened as I never had a problem getting Yamato VF-1 versions back in the day. Ebay was around too.

2 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Unfortunately you cannot URL sniff HLJ PO pages because they only become active publicly when HLJ opens the PO. ;)

You can however spam the link at 1600 JST and maybe 1-5 minutes later the link will work and mad rush to attempt to check out.

That's still better than using their disaster of a search function though.  I've yet to ever find a preorder link there when it goes up.

I'm actually going after the GX-88 tonight, but I'll be fighting alongside ya'll in this MADNESS(TM).

I did come prepared though:

DSC_0475.JPG.f455b61ef6d563038c19bd364f77035d.JPG

Ready for all possible outcomes!