Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, dapro said:

Does this come with super pack?

No. Strike Pack sold separately. Missiles also sold separately. So to have a "complete" Strike valk, you have to buy three separate items: Valkyrie + Strike Pack + Missile set.

Edited by gingaio

1 minute ago, gingaio said:

No. Strike Pack sold separately. Missiles also sold separately. So to have a "complete" Strike valk, you have to buy three separate items: Valkyrie + Strike Pack + Missile set.

SO BS. Missed the old Yammie days

I am not gonna sweat this either. I just wanted the vermilion squad TBH. The thing is, i try and support the line so it goes on until i can get what i want. Sadly this time, I may not be able to do so. If they make it so difficult to order at the "correct" price, then the line may sadly end. I don't think many people are willing to go through this every release. Sorry, just my .02.

Edit in: I thought they would release all the naked valks, and then have missile and super packs available for those who wanted to dress them up. Apparently, the missiles and superpacks are just releases too. So you HAVE to buy them immediately. Why is this happening? Money? can't they see they will make more money in the long run, if they have a stable, well planned line? Have they not seen the Avengers! Ok, I'll stop.

I might be wrong, but i am tired of this preorder madness.

I miss the Yammie days too @dapro

Edited by vlenhoff

Can't fault anyone for passing on this tonight.  That fact that this is the state of things in 2019 is ridiculous, but that's :5:

I don't have a Hikaru VF-1S in any scale, so I'd like to grab this one.  I want to get one of the 1S in this scale, so I figure if I try to get this and the Roy, I might get lucky and actually get one at PO price.  If I get lucky tonight and get a Hikaru, I'll probably just pass on the Roy 1S.  Like others, I think Bandai is making a mistake with how they are doing this.  I would potentially collect the whole line if it we're so difficult to get at MSRP.

Here is good luck to everyone who is trying tonight. I am hopeful but also being realistic like most people here. Will try to get two at PO price and failing that, just get one at a markup price later.

Will have to check all my account and payment set up at all the sites prior to the start of PO.

As I already have Hikaru's 1A & 1S 1/48 Strike Valks from Yamato plus a Yamato V.2 Hikaru 1S strike, I think I'm good. Will wait for a VF-1D & Roy 1S.

Biggest disappointment with this DX line is the "nickel & diming" of the Fast Packs and missiles. 

I'm not picky as to color scheme but I do like fast packs and the 1/48 scale.
I panel lined and hyper detailed my Yamato 1/48 1S with the aftermarket stickers that were available some time ago. 
Tampo work on this looks amazing, never could afford the Yamato weathered versions so gonna try my best.

Edited by oshanmacross

Good luck to all tonight going all in on this and GX-88 tonight!!!  May fortune favor the bold MWer's!!!  B))   I'm gonna roll the dice and hope and pray that Bluefin does an American release of Vehicle Voltron through BBTS in a few days or weeks. 

4 hours ago, eggy99 said:

I was hoping Nin Nin would have it like they did for 1 Max, but not this time.

The JAN code will become available on sites closer to 1600 JST. Imagine HS or Ami will provide us the JAN when their PO pages go up ahead of the PO start time.

Hey bud..thanks for helping us out on the POs..just curious that JAN is that the keyword you put on the search for new POs? TIA

3 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Hey bud..thanks for helping us out on the POs..just curious that JAN is that the keyword you put on the search for new POs? TIA

Not necessarily.  Some sites don't use the JAN in the description, specs, etc.  Some do.

2 minutes ago, dapro said:

You guys should target the GX-88 first so I can have a chance on the vf-1s. LOL

Right?!  And also anyone who is like "screw Bandai! This is the last time I ever do this for the 1/48 line."  Hmm...maybe the 1J or 1A shoulda been the last time.  Yeah, this will suck too so maybe not worth the time. :diablo: 

27 minutes ago, oshanmacross said:

Maybe in a couple of months we can find it here.
LOL, Inside joke for some of us old timers in LA ^_^

ponytoycardx.jpg

This place was AWESOME!!!!!!!! So many great memories! :D

23 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

MacrossCentral is now saying that the armor will only work for the Hikaru 1S. Last week, after we poured over the magazine pics, the consensus seemed to be that the armor would work for all Skull Squadron variants, possibly by being able to swap out the roundels on the FAST Pack. Is Bandai really going to release a different armor set for each valk? We've seen them do this with the Super and Armor sets for Frontier and Delta, but in those cases the color differences were "significant." Here we're talking about two small colored circles. Makes me want to fire up my ALPS printer and crank out "conversion" sets consisting of stickers/decals for all variants that you can put over the red ones (or whatever color you happen to buy).

image.png.32b4e385e4f72714cb4068628ba5c96b.png

When the Dengeki Hobby magazine scans came out a couple weeks ago, it had already mentioned that the skull markings are swappable to be compatible with DYRL versions of the -1A or -1S. The specific quote is 「両サイドのスカルマークは差し替えで、劇場版のS型、A型の各機種種に対応、今後の展開に期待せずにはいられない。」

Based on their description above, I’m more inclined to believe that the set’s markings are universally compatible with DYRL valks, and it’s anything but certain that Bandai will release the movie SSP set again based on their records of Tamashii Web Exclusive reissues (none to my knowledge).

While I appreciate Macross Central’s good intentions to share info, I am not sure if they are correct about this one. Anyone thinking of skipping this set for future DYRL specific releases for the black/blue/green skull emblems should do their own research and decide if they want to take this risk IMO. 

721660AE-1758-4F14-84E0-A194C561EC9B.jpeg

Edited by rdrunner

2 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

When the Dengeki Hobby magazine scans came out a couple weeks ago, it had already mentioned that the skull markings are swappable to be compatible with DYRL versions of the -1A or -1S. The specific quote is 「両サイドのスカルマークは差し替えで、劇場版のS型、A型の各機種種に対応、今後の展開に期待せずにはいられない。」

Based on their description above, I’m more inclined to believe that the set’s markings are universally compatible with DYRL valks, and it’s anything but certain that Bandai will release the movie SSP set again based on their records of Tamashii Web Exclusive reissues (none to my knowledge).

While I appreciate Macross Central’s good intentions to share info, I am not sure if they are correct about this one. Anyone thinking of skipping this set for future DYRL specific releases for the black/blue/green skull emblems should do their own research and decide if they want to take this risk IMO. 

Then we can assume this release is a possible re-tooling?

1 minute ago, oshanmacross said:

Then we can assume this release is a possible re-tooling?

Sorry I have no idea how Bandai are going to do this, so please understand that this is all speculation atm. But based on the magazine info, it sounds like the skull markings on the sides of the boosters will be interchangeable. If Bandai were planning to issue four different sets of movie SSP’s with black/red/blue/green skull markings, why should they make it interchangeable (instead of having different prints for each version)?  Now, it is entirely possible that this set will only come with the red skull markings (hence MC’s claim that it is Hikaru-specific), and subsequent movie valks could come with their own colored skull marking parts for the SSP, but it seems unlikely that they will include SSP emblems with the base valks too. 

That’s why I think that people should decide if they want to skip the SSP preorder this time round, in case Bandai decides not to reissue the set (or take a long time to do so).  

So, I'm looking at HLJ's product pages.. is there some correlation between the number listed with Max's 1A and Bandai's product labels, or is that an internal reference for HLJ?

Either way, it might be useful to attempt constructing possible page links ahead of time.

https://hlj.com/dx-chogokin-vf-1a-valkyrie-maximilian-jenius-use-bans56722

So... something like:

https://hlj.com/dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyo-use-bans#####

Puts on a conspiracy theorist look

Ok, so AmiAmi's links..

VF-1J: FIGURE-041234
VF-1A: FIGURE-047859
VF-1S: FIGURE-049315

HLJ's have been:

https://hlj.com/1-48-scale-dx-chogokin-limited-edition-vf-1j-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyo-type-bans55138

Not looking like the numbers are anywhere similar, sadly, but at least we know they'll probably spell it "ichijyo," and the address will probably be formatted very similarly.  Maybe we can just start running numbers, and seeing if we get a hit. :huh: 

Edited by Chronocidal

Why are they releasing things in random order? I would think they would do TV hik, roy then m&m and maybe -D. Then start DYRL hik/roy 1S, M&M etc. Then do maybe Plus/Zero in 1/48.

There like doing J, Max, now hik 1A, next?? seems weird to me.

Edited by Double Spy

13 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

So, I'm looking at HLJ's product pages.. is there some correlation between the number listed with Max's 1A and Bandai's product labels, or is that an internal reference for HLJ?

Either way, it might be useful to attempt constructing possible page links ahead of time.

So... something like:

https://hlj.com/dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijo-use-bans#####

The JAN code for the TV Max is:

So 56722 seems to match with that?  But they cut off the last digit for some reason?  Anyhow, if you found the JAN code for the Hikaru release, you might be able to figure out the link ahead of time.  

Who knows how far in advance HLJ makes their pages, though.  It could be just a few minutes, or a few hours.

Using the JAN code @DYRL VF-1S gave I tried:

https://hlj.com/dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijo-use-bans55800

as well as:

https://hlj.com/dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijo-use-bans58008

Neither work.  You can keep trying combinations, but I'm going to get some rest before madness.

Edited by HardlyNever

2 minutes ago, Double Spy said:

Why are they releasing things in random order? I would think they would do TV hik, roy then m&m and maybe -D. Then start DYRL 1A, 1S, M&M etc. Then do maybe PLus/Zero in 1//48.

There like doing J, Max, now hik 1A, next?? seems weird to me.

If they want to make it a fairly complete line (and Max's 1A release seems to indicate that they do) then they would want to intersperse slow sellers with hits to keep people interested. If they sold the three most popular valks first then more and more people would tune out as they kept releasing more and more obscure schemes. By holding Roy's 1S back, they build up demand as the word gets out and move more units of the variants that come out before that one. That's my guess any way. Maybe we'll get Max's DYRL VF-1A next... 

6 minutes ago, seti88 said:

whoa...this is advanced pre-ordering techniques!

This is what it takes to find the HLJ links, ever since they screwed their site design to hell with web-design bloat.

Also, I have an idea.. not posting it yet to keep the idea safe from scalpers.  But thank you for pointing out the JAN number, that might be exactly what we need.

10 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

The JAN code for the TV Max is:

So 56722 seems to match with that?  But they cut off the last digit for some reason?  Anyhow, if you found the JAN code for the Hikaru release, you might be able to figure out the link ahead of time.  

Who knows how far in advance HLJ makes their pages, though.  It could be just a few minutes, or a few hours.

Though the 1A is a different string than 1J. I confirmed that the BANS also reflected the same digits within the 1J JAN but the URL string isn’t consistent otherwise.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S
Deleted for scalpers?

5 minutes ago, jenius said:

If they want to make it a fairly complete line (and Max's 1A release seems to indicate that they do) then they would want to intersperse slow sellers with hits to keep people interested. If they sold the three most popular valks first then more and more people would tune out as they kept releasing more and more obscure schemes. By holding Roy's 1S back, they build up demand as the word gets out and move more units of the variants that come out before that one. That's my guess any way. Maybe we'll get Max's DYRL VF-1A next... 

yea great point - i assume they also want to make sure people won't tap out with their wallets too quickly on the popular models. 

3 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Though the 1A is a different string than 1J. I confirmed that the BANS also reflected the same digits within the 1J JAN but the URL string isn’t consistent otherwise.

Yeah, the 1J was tagged with "limited edition" because it came with the stand, so the link was slightly different.

Anyway, far as posting links goes, I'm just being cautious about feeding the search bots too early.  I did test the addresses, and nothing coming up yet, so either they'll be different again, or HLJ just doesn't post their pages until release time, which sounds like what I remember of them in the past.

Edited by Chronocidal

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

This is what it takes to find the HLJ links, ever since they screwed their site design to hell with web-design bloat.

Also, I have an idea.. not posting it yet to keep the idea safe from scalpers.  But thank you for pointing out the JAN number, that might be exactly what we need.

Thanks to @HardlyNever and @DYRL VF-1S :lol:

Would be a pretty novel way to get it, how reliable is it, i gather there would be randomness in numbers and spelling...It would be pretty nerve wrecking to keep trying during the time and get 404's..