Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

22 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Maybe they’ll release a DX VF-1J Hikaru without the stand.  Bandai did release a HMR VF-1S Roy with and without a stand.

BA4C1B21-D0F3-4007-A6C4-54BBB06D79D8.thumb.jpeg.38a7630d9eb0d9c2e5c8dd1a2ea0279f.jpeg

That’s what I thought when Bandai announced first run exclusive stand.  I thought they’d have a regular release without the stand.  They also did it on the shfiguarts vader.  

8 hours ago, beatsing said:

That’s what I thought when Bandai announced first run exclusive stand.  I thought they’d have a regular release without the stand.  They also did it on the shfiguarts vader.  

That hi-metal r Roy had only 1 batch run ,  the free display stand was for those that preorder within the first 2 weeks since it was a Tamashii web exclusive.  The free display stand also added extra shipping cost which many complained.

For the dx chogokin,  the first press limited display stand could also be for just the First dx chogokin 1/48  valk which happens to be the vf-1j.   They never talked about any 2nd run of the vf-1j.   Tv max which is the 2nd dx chogokin 1/48 release will not have the extra flight display stand .  

Late to the party. Who else has the DX missile set for cheap?

Is this site reliable?

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/29934-macross-vf-1-compatible-missile-set-limited-edition-dx-chogokin-.html

Edited by UN Spacy

5 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

I recently tried to purchase an Arcadia SDF-1 for what looked like close to original MSRP. They came back two days later and said they didn’t have it in stock and gave a refund. I had another experience like that not too long before. So, I haven’t been thrilled with the experience there.

Since we all know that Max's 1a has been shown and now in the works, the next possible variant next is Hikaru's/Kakizaki's 1a in which we all hypothesized (with the Angel Birds and Virgin Road down the road). It doesn't seem right if Bandai jumps on and does either Hikaru's/Roy's Strike 1s after this as its a newer headsculpt in the 1/48 line up, although Bandai can macro-size the HMR 1s head sculpt to the limit (in theory). I could be wrong though. ^_^

As for the 1j headscupt, we all know that M&M's 1j is going to happen. It's just when in line is the waiting game... :lazy:  

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Since we all know that Max's 1a has been shown and now in the works, the next possible variant next is Hikaru's/Kakizaki's 1a in which we all hypothesized (with the Angel Birds and Virgin Road down the road). It doesn't seem right if Bandai jumps on and does either Hikaru's/Roy's Strike 1s after this as its a newer headsculpt in the 1/48 line up, although Bandai can macro-size the HMR 1s head sculpt to the limit (in theory). I could be wrong though. ^_^

As for the 1j headscupt, we all know that M&M's 1j is going to happen. It's just when in line is the waiting game... :lazy:  

well, the VF-1a is a new head sculpt compare to the VF-1J, so that does not seem to bother Bandai at all.  ^_^

I think they will go for the vf-1s next

18 minutes ago, borgified said:

I didn’t know M&M 1J was going to happen?:unknw: Must have missed that memo..:ph34r:

7 hours ago, F360 said:

well, the VF-1a is a new head sculpt compare to the VF-1J, so that does not seem to bother Bandai at all.  ^_^

I think they will go for the vf-1s next

Who knows? Maybe this is the right opportunity for Bandai to do this too:

post-11-129644682016.jpg.683516cc03b67217b1f9ba593070af02.jpg

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Who knows? Maybe this is the right opportunity for Bandai to do this too:

post-11-129644682016.jpg.683516cc03b67217b1f9ba593070af02.jpg

maybe,  but as much as I like a possible toy, I would much prefer if they can do a anime series of Macross the first , or maybe a OVA.    It will be like a reboot for the international audiences, ^_^  once the HG wall is down after 2021 

And with Anime ,more toys will follow. :p

2 hours ago, F360 said:

maybe,  but as much as I like a possible toy, I would much prefer if they can do a anime series of Macross the first , or maybe a OVA.    It will be like a reboot for the international audiences, ^_^  once the HG wall is down after 2021 

And with Anime ,more toys will follow. :p

Or toys first before anime/OAV. :p

Either or, I'm in for any Macross The First. ^_^

I think the vf1s is next too.  The 1a head is a different sculp than the 1j, and Bandai released it before the M&M.  Though at this rate, I'd collect the M&M 1j for a 1j if they don't reissue the 1j.  Or even the brownie 1j if they release it.  

I don't think the 1s head sculpt would be an upscale; the dx vf1j had antennae that were on ball joints, but the hmr were just on a swivel.  Also the I think the visor has finer lines I think on the DX than the HMR.