Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 hours ago, Duymon said:

35K seems steep O_o ... that's literally the cost of my two Max 1A preorders before shipping.

I could understand the premium for a mega-hot tamashii exclusive like the 31A but not a main-character mecha that has the highest chance of being reissued.

Because it comes with a 'cool' Fighter display stand that the upcoming Max 1A doesn't. :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Because it comes with a 'cool' Fighter display stand that the upcoming Max 1A doesn't. :rolleyes:

inb4 "selling exclusive freebie 1st press stand" posts in the for sale forum :p

EDIT: Holy crap peeps are already doing that elsewhere lol

Edited by Duymon

Just got around to opening the 1J.  Looks great. Also opened my PF milia and man what a size difference.  I have the old 1/48’s  I just must have forgot their size.   Can’t wait to get one of these 1/48’s super packed out. 

11 hours ago, Duymon said:

35K seems steep O_o ... that's literally the cost of my two Max 1A preorders before shipping.

I could understand the premium for a mega-hot tamashii exclusive like the 31A but not a main-character mecha that has the highest chance of being reissued.

Yeah I thought Bandai was going to issue a second batch vf1j without the stand like they did with the first release shfiguarts vader that came with a stand.  

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Gonna be a long wait, with no guarantee that Bandai will actually reissue it.

People were saying the same thing about SOC Voltron right up until the reissue news hit.

Not saying we'll see a reissue right now. But a reissue sooner than later makes a lot of sense, especially for a toy that sold this well and with so much nostalgia behind it. Plus, yes, if the GBP-1S gets released, then it's a no-brainer. Personally, I'm waiting for a VF-1S and Cannon Fodder 1-A. I've had enough 1Js to last a lifetime.

Edited by gingaio

13 minutes ago, gingaio said:

People were saying the same thing about SOC Voltron right up until the reissue news hit.

Not saying we'll see a reissue right now. But a reissue sooner than later makes a lot of sense, especially for a toy that sold this well and with so much nostalgia behind it. Plus, yes, if the GBP-1S gets released, then it's a no-brainer. Personally, I'm waiting for a VF-1S and Cannon Fodder 1-A. I've had enough 1Js to last a lifetime.

I'm not a fan of Voltron, did it get reissued quickly?

Yeah, the GBP is the reason I have 2 VF1J v2.  The VF1S is a no brainer, so it was weird that Max got produced first.  I like the Cannon fodder 1a too, but the Max is rare - I don't have a Max 1a yet.  Guess I'll be hunting around release date...

14 minutes ago, gingaio said:

Uh, you know it's been two and a half years since Golion was released, right? 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Uh, you know it's been two and a half years since Golion was released, right? 

Uh, yeah.

My point was that when something's no longer in production, people will start talking about how it'll never show up again (you said "...with no guarantee that Bandai will actually reissue it"). If it's a popular item, it'll show up again. Maybe longer than people want to wait, but still. 

That same hysteria people like you fanned on various forums was what drove a number of  people to pay those crazy Voltron prices on eBay.

Also...depends on one's view of what a "long time" means.

Two-ish years between runs of a toy doesn't seem unreasonably long to me, and is outright quick for an SOC reissue. 

When I said, "sooner than later," I was thinking of a one-year gap, at least. There are other variants Bandai will probably want to release before doing a 1J reissue. 

Edited by gingaio

9 minutes ago, gingaio said:

Uh, yeah.

My point was that when something's no longer in production, people will start talking about how it'll never show up again ("...with no guarantee that Bandai will actually reissue it"). If it's a popular item, it'll show up again. Maybe longer than people want to wait, but still. 

That same fear fanned by people on various forums was what drove a number of  people to pay those crazy prices on eBay.

Also...depends on one's view of what a "long time" means.

Two-ish years between runs of a toy doesn't seem unreasonably long to me, and seems outright quick for an SOC reissue. 

When I said, "sooner than later," I was thinking of a one-year gap, at least. There are other variants Bandai will probably want to release before doing a 1J reissue. 

So what's the problem? I said it took something like three years before we got a renewel VF-25F reissue, then you decided to jump all over it like you were disagreeing. Now you're basically saying the same thing I just said: that it'll be a couple of years before a reissue. Are you just being contrarian for the sake of being disagreeable?

We also never got a reissue of the 25G. So let's not pretend that reissues are guaranteed, even for highly sought after items in the aftermarket.

Edited by Lolicon

36 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

So what's the problem? I said it took something like three years before we got a renewel VF-25F reissue, then you decided to jump all over it like you were disagreeing. Now you're basically saying the same thing I just said: that it'll be a couple of years before a reissue. Are you just being contrarian for the sake of being disagreeable?

No need to get emotional. I disagreed, and I was pretty clear with what I disagreed on. I even quoted it--bold-faced and underlined--in two separate posts. 

I'll leave it at that. Have a good night. 

Edited by gingaio

2 minutes ago, gingaio said:

No need to get emotional. I disagreed, and I was pretty clear with what I disagreed on. I even quoted it. In two separate posts. 

I'll leave it at that. Have a good night. 

I'm not the one disagreeing then repeating what was just said. No need for calling people "emotional" for pointing out your bonkers logic.

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'm not the one disagreeing then repeating what was just said. No need for calling people "emotional" for pointing out your bonkers logic.

I said, if I had to guess, it'd be at least a year for a 1J reissue. You compared 1J to some other Macross valk as a way of saying at least 3 years or never.

I also said that your kind toy panic ("it might never come back") was similar to the panic about Voltron before the reissue.

For an SOC reissue, 2 years IS quick.

I don't know that it'll take that long for the 1J. HMR VF-1s were getting second runs/reissues faster than that.

But who knows. I could be wrong. You might be. We're both conjecturing out our asses. It's all silly but I've apparently triggered you.

Not sure why you think we're saying the same thing, though. 1 year is not the same as 3 years or never.

Edited by gingaio

35 minutes ago, jenius said:

There haven't been any HMR reissues.

My mistake, then. I thought I remembered the 1J and maybe others coming back in stock cheap after they had been out/inflated a while.

Edited by gingaio

There were non-Macross HMR reissues like Dougram and maybe Xabungle. The Macross toys though have been one and done. The Hikaru 1J was a shelf warmer so you probably saw some pop up as desperate stores unloaded their stock at cost to other resellers who then sold it at only a slight mark-up. 

2 hours ago, jenius said:

There were non-Macross HMR reissues like Dougram and maybe Xabungle. The Macross toys though have been one and done. The Hikaru 1J was a shelf warmer so you probably saw some pop up as desperate stores unloaded their stock at cost to other resellers who then sold it at only a slight mark-up. 

The Hmr 1j was a shelf warmer probably cuz it was already issued before in the HM line, and also 1j kicked off the Hmr line as part of the gbp bundle.  Also there were other valks issued before the issue of the 1j, so collectors were probably burnt out on another 1j. Plus peeps didn’t like the blue canopy on the 1j.

Bandai didn’t follow the same roster as the Hmr though since the second dx is Max, so it’s unknown when and if they will reissue 1j.  

The 1j definitely wasn’t a shelf warmer, but Bandai doesn’t seem to increase production to respond to demand.  

If they did, lots of us would buy the dx and those regults.  

I think a straight re-issue of the Hikaru 1J is pretty unlikely any time soon.  I believe Bandai heavily implied or outright stated the special display stand was a one-time only offer (if that matters to you).

A grey visor Hikaru VF-1J is much more likely.  Whether or not that will be released around the same time Bandai releases the GBP set is anyone's guess.  It would make sense to do so, but Bandai and sense aren't the best of friends, most of the time.  At least when it comes to Macross.

6 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I think a straight re-issue of the Hikaru 1J is pretty unlikely any time soon.  I believe Bandai heavily implied or outright stated the special display stand was a one-time only offer (if that matters to you).

A grey visor Hikaru VF-1J is much more likely.  Whether or not that will be released around the same time Bandai releases the GBP set is anyone's guess.  It would make sense to do so, but Bandai and sense aren't the best of friends, most of the time.  At least when it comes to Macross.

Maybe re-issues starting mid 2021?

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Re-issues are exceptions, not the norm.

Secondary prices are there for those who DO NOT LIKE to GAMBLE on re-issue probabilities.

Summed up perfectly. 

Reissues in under a couple of years is also the exception, not the norm. Bandai has many more popular toy lines they can produce instead of "fast tracking" a Macross reissue. 

2021 at the earliest if there's a reissue of the 1J.

11 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

They've got the grey goggles GBP for HMR and arcadia.  Bandai could sell the armor parts stand alone, like the fast packs for the dx line on the other chogokins.  Do you guys think Bandai will sell it as a bundle?  If they did, they could sell the missile effect parts separately, and milk our money.    

3 hours ago, beatsing said:

They've got the grey goggles GBP for HMR and arcadia.  Bandai could sell the armor parts stand alone, like the fast packs for the dx line on the other chogokins.  Do you guys think Bandai will sell it as a bundle?  If they did, they could sell the missile effect parts separately, and milk our money.    

I will still buy it if they sell as a bundle... I just have to get the GBP set for this line. Can’t wait for the day when I can stand the Yammie and the DX 1/48 GBP side-by-side. 

15 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

My impression is that Bandai likes to leave behind a couple of “flaws” or “exclusions” in their products in order to milk us multiple rounds. The HMR white goggle 1J, “reissue” VF-31F with lil draken clips, and one of the worst examples is the VF-171 with the lack of hard points under the wings. 

Maybe they’ll release a DX VF-1J Hikaru without the stand.  Bandai did release a HMR VF-1S Roy with and without a stand.

BA4C1B21-D0F3-4007-A6C4-54BBB06D79D8.thumb.jpeg.38a7630d9eb0d9c2e5c8dd1a2ea0279f.jpeg

Edited by sh9000