Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

8 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh,, it's his first time!  Ahhh, the memories!  I remember my first time...  the rush, the anticipation, the stress, then finally the relief!

I wish you a happy first pre-order madness!

thank you. this is a pretty cool experience and i am glad we are all able to share the stressjoyrelief together.

35 minutes ago, Arakure Knight said:

Good luck everyone with PO madness ... hoping Nin-Nin delivers as I've just placed an order with them. Like the VF31E, they tend to open up PO batches earlier than others at cheaper prices building up to more expensive mark-ups later:

image.png.bb56d9c472d2fb3e494792602eb317a3.png

Spreading my eggs so just need to place an order with Amix2 or another one later then all good. :)

It's strange, I can't order it from Nin-Nin, it just says Soon Available.

8 minutes ago, mapendieck said:

thank you. this is a pretty cool experience and i am glad we are all able to share the stressjoyrelief together.

This is kind of how I felt the first time.  Like it was a throw back to a time when not everything was always available online at a moments notice.

Now it is just a chore that I wish would catch up with the rest of industry....

2 minutes ago, F360 said:

That just mean it’s sold out for now . 

Last time I ordered from them , my credit card had a hold up. After I clear the transaction, guess if they would honor that initial price..... it's not that hard..<_<:angry:

16 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I recently ordered the VF-1J and they never updated shipping. Thankfully, I used PayPal and got them involved. Nin-nin cancelled my order and refunded rather than fulfilled order.

Did you given them a week or 2 to ship it ? because nin-nin games is not known for fast shipping and the communication is not that good . 

Just now, F360 said:

Did you given them a week or 2 to ship it ? because nin-nin games is not known for fast shipping and the communication is not that good . 

I think I gave them about 4 or 5 business days if I remember correctly?  I paid for EMS so expected it sooner :shrugs:  Just wasn't impressed.

Doesn't Nin-Nin do twice monthly shipping or something? They're bad about updating their website for out of stock items. I bought something from them once and received a refund a couple weeks later noting they were out of stock. No big deal.

I ordered an Arcadia SDF from Nin-Nin and got it in about 3 weeks. I didn't have a problem with him but there are whole subs on reddit devoted to people that felt he scammed them...

When doing the searches for the product pages... what key-words are you guys using "Bandai DX Max" is what I'm trying. Once the product page goes live it should be there right?

I highly doubt Ima gonna make it another 4 hours.

2 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

Last time I ordered from them , my credit card had a hold up. After I clear the transaction, guess if they would honor that initial price..... it's not that hard..<_<:angry:

I actually had pretty good luck with them in the pass ,except for the Twe Dx Chogokin vf-31a. .  That fail hard and I had to scramble to look and hunt for my set at the ‘ok’ price of around $350-$400 . 

My most recent order from them was the metal build strike freedom blue soul ver since they had it for a good price and they email some coupon that was able to stack along with my loyalty point coupon which saves around another $30 .  Took a week before shipping out but I did get what I ordered .  

I only used them if I can’t find it from other stores or they have a nice sale that I can use some extra coupons to lower it even more .

3 minutes ago, scand said:

When doing the searches for the product pages... what key-words are you guys using "Bandai DX Max" is what I'm trying.

I find keeping it simple to be a bit better because sometimes leading with "DX" doesn't quite work.  Practice searching the different sites for the VF-1J to get a feel for what pops, but I find "Chogokin" registers better and sometimes with "VF-1A" (though not too many sites are live for that.

I'm no "pro" though.  Any other's have advice?

26 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I know everyone like to post the F5 star wars references, but i always felt like MWF is the aliens tracker during pre-order days too...

call out those pre-orders hudson!

^^ This needs to be used more often. 

I was tempted to go with nin nin for this order, but their price doesn’t seem that cheap (5% off at 18,500 yen or thereabouts). It’s the convenience factor, not the price, which is fine.

I got the DX -1J from amiami last year for 16,480 yen before shipping, and am hoping for a similar price this time. But we will see. I really want to get mine from amazon.jp, but I know their PO usually comes hours later. 

13 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I think I gave them about 4 or 5 business days if I remember correctly?  I paid for EMS so expected it sooner :shrugs:  Just wasn't impressed.

Ems is only the shipping speeds .  Handling and processing is a whole different matter.   Even N-Y sometimes take like 2 weeks to ship out , and the vf-31a took over half a year for some .  But that was a exception.    

DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1A TV Max pre-order madness:  April 8, 2019

AVAILABLE SOON

17,100 yen  @ Hobby Search  https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10605111

18,450 yen  @ AmiAmi  https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-047859

18,468 yen  @ Nin-Nin-Games  https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/31513-macross-vf-1a-valkyrie-maximillian-jenius-use-dx-chogokin--4573102567222.html  (warning: questionable reputation)

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Amiami is not an option for me now. With Amiami adding an additional 10% for Australian GST right on top, It's ¥20295, then the pretty expensive shipping which also gets GST added on top....

I think Anime Export for me, even though I will have to pay up front. Will need to ask forgiveness from the wife later. :o

21 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

wow no discount at all from Amiami this time.

Yeah, just checked order history.  The Hikaru went up for preorder for 16,480 JPY at AmiAmi.  Now, we're technically getting less, and paying more?

I really don't want to have to stop using AmiAmi, as I've enjoyed their business the most.  But what's with the price hike?  Is that how much it will be at most/all retailers?  Smaller production run, maybe?

Oh please dont bandai. Anything but not a smaller production run for the 2nd 1/48....

Maybe ami got a nice deal the last time since hikaru was a first run. But thats pure speculation...i was looking forward too to ami, but lets see now...

Edited by seti88

1 minute ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, just checked order history.  The Hikaru went up for preorder for 16,480 JPY at AmiAmi.  Now, we're technically getting less, and paying more?

I really don't want to have to stop using AmiAmi, as I've enjoyed their business the most.  But what's with the price hike?  Is that how much it will be at most/all retailers?  Smaller production run, maybe?

It must've been promotional pricing that Bandai offered to Amiami for the 1J, which probably also attributes to why they allowed a preorder limit of 2 for 1J, when normally it is always 1.

The 1A Max is limited to 1 this time as usual. My feeling is a lower production run. and It's going to hard to secure a preorder this time.