Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

15 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I’m still debating on this. I’m real picky about owning multiple Valks in the same scale. I planned on only getting Hikaru Valks but these pictures are killing me lol. Someone tell me I don’t need it haha

We don't need it. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Usually up to this point all PO like this from Bandai has been opened at 4pm Japan time and so for me since I'm on the Pacific side the PO will start at  Monday 12 am, not sure from where that 2pm Japan time was taken from , but  still if you have doubts about the hour, later today probably at 9 pm PST or earlier lots of Japan Hobby websites will update their pages announcing this particular PO and there will most probably like always will put the starting time of when the PO will go up. ;)   

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

Yeah, I’ve been wondering where 2pm has come from as well.  Am I up at 1 am or not?

I believe that it was taken in stride of the previous Macross pre-orders at 2 pm JST. This one is 4am JST according to @Convectuoso's  post along with the countdown clock since he's in Chile. As I said, please do account to the time zone differences in where you are presently.  

4 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I'm feeling bold.  I might just skip out on the pre-order madness and try to get it from Amazon Japan early in the morning.  Maybe...

Edit: Looks like I would need a new Prime account for AJ.  Didn't know that.  There goes that plan...

I was able to place a pre-order on the Hikaru DX about 7:30 AM EST the following morning. I don't believe you have to have a prime account. I don't have one, and I have several existing pre-orders on Amazon.co.jp.

Preorder has normally always been 1600 jst (4pm Japan Standard Time ).   I do not every recall one at 1400 jst (2pm jst)

Just use the link I posted a couple of page back and type in your time zone if you get confuse with when the preorder will starts at your location.

image.png.32803878bd56f449e2ea26e2ad074728.png

You will also see place holder links from hobby search couple of hours before it starts , which will also show when the preorder will start in jst. 

By the way there a world clock icon in your smartphone clock , so you can use that too by setting it Tokyo Japan .

1 hour ago, F360 said:

Preorder has normally always been 1600 jst (4pm Japan Standard Time ).   I do not every recall one at 1400 jst (2pm jst)

Just use the link I posted a couple of page back and type in your time zone if you get confuse with when the preorder will starts at your location.

image.png.32803878bd56f449e2ea26e2ad074728.png

You will also see place holder links from hobby search couple of hours before it starts , which will also show when the preorder will start in jst. 

By the way there a world clock icon in your smartphone clock , so you can use that too by setting it Tokyo Japan .

The question is not what time it starts in our time zones, but we all thought it was 16:00 JST until recent posts started saying it was at 14:00 JST

15 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

The question is not what time it starts in our time zones, but we all thought it was 16:00 JST until recent posts started saying it was at 14:00 JST

I would also be (pleasantly) surprised if it started at 2pm. But anyway I will be up until I secure my order. 

19 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

didn't I try answer it? ,  "Preorder has normally always been 1600 jst (4pm Japan Standard Time ).   I do not ever recall one at 1400 jst (2pm jst)

The place holder will let you double check the start time before your power nap.    I don't see how else I can answer it. 

The 2pm is probably from someone that confused with converting world time.  1600 = 4pm, and then somehow they have this "4" stuck in their mind, so when they try converting again in their mind, it's 1400, which will then convert to 2pm.   This happen a lot, military time still confuse many people.

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

There was one that started at 2pm, was it the DX YF19? I can't recall but it was not the norm and we knew in advance.

That one time I think you're recalling wasn't for 2pm Japan time but it was actually to order an item at a later time. For whatever reason all the sites pushed back the order time from 4pm japan to 6 or 7pm japan that one time. I can't exactly recall which item it was for but I recall staying up till 5am/6am EST US (instead of the usual 3am) to place an order that one time.

3 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

The DX YF-19 was the late one. I remember getting up just before 5am for work and it going online. It was nice

Yes you're right it was for the YF-19 DX Full set. I just checked my emails and found one email from HLJ that was received about 5am Eastern US April 27th 2018 (which would have been about 6pm Japan time).

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

1 hour ago, jenius said:

There was one that started at 2pm, was it the DX YF19? I can't recall but it was not the norm and we knew in advance.

That was the late 6pm 1800 jst preorder with yf -19 and mb strike Gundam .  I recall it was later due to the upcoming week long holiday in Japan and most businesses want to get most things done before the holiday , kinda like staying late on Friday to finish your work before your vacation on Monday.

4 minutes ago, F360 said:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10605111

DX Chogokin VF-1A Valkyrie (Maximilian Jenius Use) (Completed) preorders will start after PM4:00 of 8th April, Japan time[GMT+9]

bt_sns_facebook_e.png

bt_sns_twitter_e.png

Funny to read something in the description on that HS link. We’ve been blaming Bandai the whole time for those overkill tampo prints. When in fact we should pin it to one person. :rolleyes:

-Following the release of [VF-1J (Ichijo Kiki)] released at the end of 2018, release of [VF-1A] driven by genius Maximilian Genus is decided!
-Newly shaped head of type A, and vividly reproduce the personal color blue.
-Marking is done by Macross visual artist Hideki Tenjin.
-VF-1A Valkyrie (Maximilian Genas machine) flies with detail and gimmick unique to the scale of 1/48 scale!

DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1A TV Max pre-order madness:  April 8, 2019

AVAILABLE SOON

17,100 yen  @ Hobby Search  https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10605111

18.468 yen  @ Nin-Nin-Games  https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/31513-macross-vf-1a-valkyrie-maximillian-jenius-use-dx-chogokin--4573102567222.html  (warning: questionable reputation)

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Good luck everyone with PO madness ... hoping Nin-Nin delivers as I've just placed an order with them. Like the VF31E, they tend to open up PO batches earlier than others at cheaper prices building up to more expensive mark-ups later:

image.png.bb56d9c472d2fb3e494792602eb317a3.png

Spreading my eggs so just need to place an order with Amix2 or another one later then all good. :)

3 minutes ago, mapendieck said:

i am setting the alarm for 2am Eastern. brew coffee and start the refresh cycle. this'll be my first time pre-ordering a macross figure. very excited!!!

Oh,, it's his first time!  Ahhh, the memories!  I remember my first time...  the rush, the anticipation, the stress, then finally the relief!

I wish you a happy first pre-order madness!

5 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I recently ordered the VF-1J and they never updated shipping. Thankfully, I used PayPal and got them involved. Nin-nin cancelled my order and refunded rather than fulfilled order.

5 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Sometimes cancel your order well after the pre-order window closes, from what I remember hearing.

i shall learn from your experience then, thank you.