Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

45 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

But, for instance, Max's TV VF-1A and VF-1J have more differences than just the head. That's what I don't like about DYRL valks. 

I get where you're coming from... but even some TV Valkyries differ only by head.  ;)

1486064073_HMRBrownies.thumb.jpg.32d9d03d72c14a5e65ec2275c0ea29dc.jpg

Count me as another person that prefers Max in his 1A ride.

That's the bird where he established his reputation as a bad-ass ace.

That's the bird he was flying when he bested Milia.

I know the 1J's are the cool looking pair, but I still have a soft spot for the TV-Max 1A.

So, I’m a little late for ordering the Missile Set. Looks like Nin-Nin-Game and Nippon-Yasan have them up for pre-order still. Either one reliable? Both are pay upfront and I know there are a lot of sources that don’t have quantity for the pre-order and just hunt for it after release.

6 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

So, I’m a little late for ordering the Missile Set. Looks like Nin-Nin-Game and Nippon-Yasan have them up for pre-order still. Either one reliable? Both are pay upfront and I know there are a lot of sources that don’t have quantity for the pre-order and just hunt for it after release.

You may want to check the "For Sale & Trade" section of the forum to see if anyone is selling one first.  Make sure you do your research on the seller just in case.

6 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

NY is way more reliable than Nin-Nin.

2 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Definitely in for the DX VF-1A Max and every toy in this line!  Best Macross toy ever.

I'm afraid I might be right behind you.  Getting the Max 1A pretty much guarantees I'll get a Kakazaki, should they make one.  And I'm still pretty interested in at least a super valkyrie of some variety.

Still on the fence about another GBP set.  My wallet is scared enough as-is.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

I'm afraid I might be right behind you.  Getting the Max 1A pretty much guarantees I'll get a Kakazaki, should they make one.  And I'm still pretty interested in at least a super valkyrie of some variety.

Still on the fence about another GBP set.  My wallet is scared enough as-is.

I thought the 1J would be enough for me, but now I'm thinking Vermillion Squadron plus a Focker. I need to make more space >< lol

I think it will sell well. This kind of toy appeals to casuals and the Hik sold like gangbusters.  It's big, has metal, and looks amazing.  I don't know many people that wanted the Hik will double dip though...

BUT they are the same price as an Arcadia 1/60 give or take. To me it's a much better value.

The TV valks look great in Bat mode but, as fighters there is just too much white.  I am sure it was a conscience choice to keep animation simple but they look kind of boring.

7 minutes ago, Bolt said:

It does look really good, I’ll give it that. 

But I’m keeping my 1/48 collection SMALL. Too many scales already!

It looks too good to pass.

The 1A head and the blue/white contrast makes me drooling.

I really hope I will be lucky with the PO.

8 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Manufacturer's suggested retail price: 19,440 yen (tax 8% included)

same price too, this is too good to be true

I'm sure for that price it's going to be a sweet deal if Bandai will continue to include those fancy VF-1 display stand.

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You can't avoid it, my friend. Bandai got us hooked. ;)

^_^ Bandai's really going overboard with the new markings Strike right after just releasing the original 2 months ago. 

at least soul blue release was after 3 years.

Bandai already pulling the same bullsh!t with these missiles but i'm going to hold out until they announce a new markings exclusive vf-1. Then i'll prob start buying. 

6 hours ago, That one dude said:

Websites up

https://tamashii.jp/special/macross/vf-1a_max/

Pre orders start on April 8th

img_01.jpg

Nice :) I wonder how bad the PO madness will be?

Hopefully traffic will be reasonable since this valk doesn’t come with an exclusive display stand.