Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

Holy cow, Bandai is giving us TV Max 1A when most of us were expecting the Focker 1S! I can’t wait to get one. Now all we need is the zentradi uniform to go with it... please???

uniform would be too tempting for p-bandai to pass up!

Dang! We all thought it would be 1S Focker/TV Hikaru to coincide with Super Packs.

I'm in for 1 TV Max for sure!

Looks like DX Chogokin is concentrating on SDFM first instead of mixing it up with DYRL.

Personally I only want SDFM units. :p

LOL! Still no ejection warning symbols! 

Looks Iike an September release! 1 DX VF-1 every 9 months!!! 

Edited by eggy99

10 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I’m also surprised that Max is the next DX VF-1, but glad to see that they are sticking with TV for now and working to build Vermillion.

I agree with @Convectuoso that they should have already made this in HMR.

They have to do a DX Roy 1S at some point, and I can wait.

I am very happy that they are focusing on SDFM first; personally I’m not too big a fan of DYRL. Over the years the Yamato toy releases seemed to show a bias on DYRL (eg the SSP with movie style armour, pilot suit design that came with the 1S, yellow tipped reaction missiles, etc), so anything SDFM is very welcome. I just hope Bandai will keep this up. 

Edited by rdrunner

OH NO, NOT VF-1A MAX, NOOOOOOOOOOO, anything but him!!! 

Damn this, i may actually have to come back from the dead on this size now eventhough i am now only doing HMR...   vf-1a max is just too much for even me to resist!!! 

But i still have a chance as these things always get well sold out before i wake up to make a preorder anyways, so crisis may still be averted and money remains in my pocket...

Edited by Arthurius

6 minutes ago, mcfly50 said:

Awesome! Preorder date?

For a September release, I am expecting a 5 month window, so likely PO in April. It didn’t take long last time from the announcement of the 1J to PO date on 7/29. It may come in the next two to three weeks if I were to guess. 

CFF81A1C-E6AF-485E-9749-5933986AA294.jpeg.243923f036042db3856a73e36fb00e2c.jpeg

Awesome!  I love that pose.  Preorder should be 3/31.  I’ll be getting it for sure.  Hoping for a surprise as well for the HMR line.

This thread should be changed to DX Chogokin VF-1.

Edited by sh9000

HaHa! This is awesome news! I love the direction Bandai is taking with this line. Even though I would have been happy seeing TV Roy up front too, it’s nice to see them change it up with Max—so unexpected. Seeing a complete TV squad at this scale will be a very cool thing if they go all the way and give us Kaki and then Roy.

Well...that was unexpected news to wake up to..I dunno, as much I LOVE Max, I may have to sit this one out, my 1:60v2 is weathered and still sitting pretty, and I just DON'T have the room to do all new 1:48's.  Roy will be a must have though. Pre-Order night is gonna be hell. 

BTW, how do you guys hold this toy in 1/48 scale? I usually pick it up with both hands by the legs with my pinkies resting under the feet. The 1/60 I could comfortably hold it by gently pinching the chest and backpack since it was light enough where I didn't feel like it would cause any stress on the toy. With the 1/48 I don't feel comfortable doing that since there is so much weight in it's legs. Lol

Whoever is planning the DX VF-1 line is a monster...

a cruel, Fafnir-level monster who understands what we want, and how to separate us from our money:D

Just now, Slave IV said:

Based on what I currently have, another SDFM Max 1A was the highest want on my liat in any format. Glad to see it as a DX!

Now, seeing as how this doesn’t come with missiles, who’s about to order more missile sets? Lol!

I was planning on picking up only a TV Roy only in this line... but a DX Max 1A...........

Can't resist.................... and I'll need 2 sets of Missiles I guess...

I tip my hat to thee, whomever is in charge of this line over at Bandai....

Just now, Convectuoso said:

And I'm still waiting for this variant to be released in HMR format 

BUT WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!

PO madness 31st?

Image result for macross Max gif

Edited by slide

13 minutes ago, seti88 said:

31st is a Sunday? Perhaps apr 1st?? Fake news??

Was loking for comformation on info from the Fleetmaster himself

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

CFF81A1C-E6AF-485E-9749-5933986AA294.jpeg.243923f036042db3856a73e36fb00e2c.jpeg

Awesome!  I love that pose.  Preorder should be 3/31.  I’ll be getting it for sure.  Hoping for a surprise as well for the HMR line.

This thread should be changed to DX Chogokin VF-1.

Edited by slide

I'm not sure.  Never been a big fan of Max's VF-1A.  If I can find it at on Amazon for the MSRP and enjoy cheap fast shipping maybe I'll get it.  Really want to limit my collection on these things to just a single VF of every type.  When it comes to VF-1A I prefer to have a brown massive production type over Max.

???

no Zentraedi uniform 

no missiles on tail fins

what is Bandai thinking

imagine they come out with a Bandai exclusive missile set with tail fin missiles for 9600yen and then a 20,000yen uniform.  

man, Bandai really wants us to buy Kaki so bad:yahoo:  they put out max to lead us to complete Vermillion. 

they better make Kaki super exclusive or nobody going to want him.

Edited by davidwhangchoi