Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 hours ago, spacemanspiff said:

I got confirmation that they shipped via Ebay.  Screenshots below:

DX missles.jpg

DX missles 2.jpg

Did the seller state this?

** SPECIAL ATTENTION** U.S. Customers would receive a flat envelope before actual shipping to avoid late shipping restrictions eBay has on U.S. area. A new tracking number would be provided after actual release.

This is probably what was shipped. I've noticed this popping up recently with some PO items I'm viewing (China sellers).

23 minutes ago, NeoMatter said:

** SPECIAL ATTENTION** U.S. Customers would receive a flat envelope before actual shipping to avoid late shipping restrictions eBay has on U.S. area. A new tracking number would be provided after actual release.

This is probably what was shipped. I've noticed this popping up recently with some PO items I'm viewing (China sellers).

I don't recall, but that makes sense.  Thanks for adding this info.

2 hours ago, NeoMatter said:

2 hours ago, spacemanspiff said:

I don't recall, but that makes sense.  Thanks for adding this info.

hmmm, even if the seller is legit, I think this kind of setup is not that safe for the buyer. As I remember, Ebay's policy with regards to received items is that you have 30 days to file a complaint if it's not as described, etc.  So if the actual item will arrive 30 days past the date you received that flat envelope, then it's possible that ebay might not help in case there are issues. If you paid through PayPal then I think you can still claim through them, though not sure how the shipping/delivered status on ebay (which will show that the flat envelope was delivered past 30 days) will affect your claim.

Yeah this may be to get around the PayPal preorder policy. Technically sellers are not allowed to take payment outside of a certain window before actually having the item. I want to say it’s 30-60 days but I’m not 100%. 

Then again PayPal is very buyer friendly so you should be okay either way. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

14 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Don't worry about it. Autofittings is actually Kurama webshop which is bandaionline.com

They are super legit and I've used them as an alternative from NY since NY's shipping charges are pretty sketch

Ah cool. I actually preordered a couple sets from them directly from their website.

Have placed a few orders at bandaionline.com over the past couple years with no issues. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

12 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Did he ever promote it here?

Not sure I understand the question. I was just letting spacemanspiff know that he shouldn't need to worry too much.

7 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Ah cool. I actually preordered a couple sets from them directly from their website.

Have placed a couple orders from their site with no issues. 

Yeah, I use them for all my P-Bandai goodies since they charge fair shipping prices (For example, when MG Hazel 1st came out NY wanted 3500 yen for SAL while Bandaionline charged 1700 ..literally half O_o

9 hours ago, DewPoint said:

We to the Akiba Showroom today.  Nothing new displayed for Macross stuff. The only thing there is the 1/48 VF-1J.

DSC00294.JPG

Seeing that retail price, I wonder how many tried to ask the store owner if he could buy the said display item as is? :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Duymon said:

The missiles are totally worth it if you consider you can fully kit out 3 valks with 1 weapons pack.

Since it's a TV 1J I'll likely just be using the AMM-1's and then save the Micro missiles and reactions for a fast-pack valk down the road.

Or Seti could sell it afterwards if he didn't like it anymore. Right, Duymon? ;) 

11 hours ago, Duymon said:

The missiles are totally worth it if you consider you can fully kit out 3 valks with 1 weapons pack.

Since it's a TV 1J I'll likely just be using the AMM-1's and then save the Micro missiles and reactions for a fast-pack valk down the road.

Knowing Bandai, I ordered three sets so I have weapons for all of the eventual 1/48 VF-1s they wind up releasing. :p 

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Since they have already shown us the SSP for this 1/48 DX VF-1....most likely yes.  We just do not know which one at the moment....Roy or Hikaru? 

Awesome! I hope it is a Roy with included boobie ducks! And I hope I get it before it sells out!