Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, eggy99 said:

I also wanted to show that the tow bar can in fact be angled more than 90 degrees. Once the front door is open you need to push it back in. There will now be enough clearance. To close, you need to pull the door out again, fold and push it back down.

2F82D719-762C-4489-B24A-DC22652EC2E5.jpeg

56D33FFB-3FD6-4FEF-85A4-2AF2966436D4.jpeg

Just curious, how hard was it to push that door back in that way in the open position?  I tried it on mine, and it just refused to fit in that way without feeling like I was going to break something.

I still was able to get the catapult bar to raise past horizontal, I just had to push the door back against the strut at a slight angle.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Just curious, how hard was it to push that door back in that way in the open position?  I tried it on mine, and it just refused to fit in that way without feeling like I was going to break something.

I still was able to get the catapult bar to raise past horizontal, I just had to push the door back against the strut at a slight angle.

Strangely I felt the same on my other ones. It didn’t feel natural to push it back down as there was some resistance. On this one I just thought I’d try a little bit harder, because logically it’s all designed flush when it’s closed so I can’t understand why it wouldn’t recess again when open. 

Here might be some build differences between units where the joint isn’t perfectly straight so it catches when open and won’t recess. 

I’ll need to try on my other 2. I put them back into the boxes again so I’ll look at them over the weekend. 

22 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Strangely I felt the same on my other ones. It didn’t feel natural to push it back down as there was some resistance. On this one I just thought I’d try a little bit harder, because logically it’s all designed flush when it’s closed so I can’t understand why it wouldn’t recess again when open. 

Here might be some build differences between units where the joint isn’t perfectly straight so it catches when open and won’t recess. 

I think it will just depend on where the pivot point is drilled in the door.  It fits perfectly flush one way, but once you rotate it, the door on mine sticks forward ahead of the sliding hinge, and catches on the underside of the nose.  You can kind of see that on your photo as well, since the boxy hinge structure is pushed back from the front edge of the gear well.

If it doesn't feel like it's stressing it, that's great though. :) 

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I push mine in, no problem. You just have to push the door back at an angle. Don't push it straight in.

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Back on topic:

Anyone want to wager a guess on how long before the next DX VF-1 gets announced?

I'm guessing we get an announcement in May.  VF-1S, DYRL version.  Safe, easy money.

I'd personally prefer something less predictable, but I think we know how this goes.

What are the odds of getting any extras with the DX VF-1S since they are not including the extra plastic used for the "special" stand?

I would still prefer missiles, but those seem to already be designated as web-sclusives. 

My vote would be to include some "magic hands" since they were used in SDFM by Roy's VF-1S.  A second DYRL VF-1S head with yellow arrows would be nice.  Wonder if bandai will play the "DYRL/TV colors are different" game with the 1/48.  I would prefer they don't.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

What are the odds of getting any extras with the DX VF-1S since they are not including the extra plastic used for the "special" stand?

I would still prefer missiles, but those seem to already be designated as web-sclusives. 

My vote would be to include some "magic hands" since they were used in SDFM by Roy's VF-1S.  A second DYRL VF-1S head with yellow arrows would be nice.  Wonder if bandai will play the "DYRL/TV colors are different" game with the 1/48.  I would prefer they don't.

I see the web exclusive missile as a vf-1J first release thing only. 

The VF-1S will most likely come with missiles along with higher MSRP.   Probably looking at a 22000 msrp

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I don't care what white they use for Roy, same as VF-1J would be nice.   I want a TV Roy pilot figure and not just DYRL, but I have a feeling that's what we're going to get. 

This, kind of bored with all things DYRL. We need more TV Valks AND TV style Fast Packs! 

It looks like nippon-yasan has the best price at the moment, if you are okay with paying a sizable markup (and dealing with their shaky customer service).

Otherwise, I would wait for that rumored regular release of the 1J. Maybe there will be news this weekend?

7 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I don't care what white they use for Roy, same as VF-1J would be nice.   I want a TV Roy pilot figure and not just DYRL, but I have a feeling that's what we're going to get. 

Oh I hope they don't go down that road. :unsure: Bandai started off so well with Hikaru's 1J and I agree that more TV releases would be fantastic.

Roy's TV flight suit for the win! B))

Of course, if we get Hikaru's 1S all bets are off. 

Edited by technoblue

9 hours ago, eggy99 said:

My prediction:

1S Roy, no missiles

A few months later TWE Super Packs

I’m interested to see how they tuck the 1S head under the body for a super flushed look like the 1J.

Just throwing this out there as nothing new has been announced and we can all speculate to our hearts content!  I doubt that this is going to happen but...

VF-1J TV Hikaru

VF-1S DYRL Hikaru

VF-1A brownie

Followed by nothing! Just like what they did with the High Complete Model.  :bigshok:

But I seriously doubt it.

Edited by DewPoint
Typo!

13 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I would like if the special stand would also be done for Roy...skull logo and all ;)

in fact I thk a row of stands would look nice as a fighter collection..

ia dilemma indeed, every PO needs to be in multiples, if you want more than fighters...

I really hope the 1S Roy is a TV version to go with the recent Hikaru 1J.

Assuming it’s likely they will issue the valk with no added parts, I think it’d be odd if they make it a DYRL version but not include strike parts. I know Arcadia did it once, but a movie Roy without strike parts just feels wrong.

Edited by ScrambledValkyrie
Spelling