Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

28 minutes ago, Baedal said:

NY is a bad joke, after almost a month without sending my 4 orders they are charging me an additional fee for the second time.
Did that happen to anyone else?

They probably didn't sent out your order because you did not pay the additional shipping fee that they asked for in their previous email. 

Did you place 4 separate orders?  or 1 order with 4 valks?

Edited by F360

2 minutes ago, Baedal said:

I paid the charges the first time, now they sent new charges.

check your paypal summary to see if your previous payment was processed or not.,.(sometimes there's issues ) 

Check what was the total you really paid for the shipping of all 4 valks.  

From Nippon-Yasan to USA by ems.

ems for 1 = 5200 yen

ems for 4 = 14500 yen

If your payment is not close to those numbers by ems, then you are missing a payment somewhere.  If it's about right, then you can reply them back with your paypal processed, email. 

3 minutes ago, F360 said:

check your paypal summary to see if your previous payment was processed or not.,.(sometimes there's issues ) 

Check what was the total you really paid for the shipping of all 4 valks.  

From Nippon-Yasan to USA by ems.

ems for 1 = 5200 yen

ems for 4 = 14500 yen

If your payment is not close to those numbers by ems, then you are missing a payment somewhere.  If it's about right, then you can reply them back with your paypal processed, email. 

Yes, this month these movements appeared on my credit card and I paid them. 3350¥ x2 the first time and now I must pay 2500¥ x2 again.

34 minutes ago, Baedal said:

Yes, this month these movements appeared on my credit card and I paid them. 3350¥ x2 the first time and now I must pay 2500¥ x2 again.

with you putting in x2 , does that mean you place 2 orders of 2?  If so what was the TOTAL amount you paid for shipping? ems or sal shipping?  to USA?. 

because that' would cost different than 1 order of 4 or 4 orders of 1 piece.

either way, if you paid the extra for each order as requested, then you need to summit a ticket telling them you already paid for those along with your paypal payment email for those orders.  

Got the full breakdown article and gallery for the Bandai Tamashii DX Chogokin VF-1J is up: http://kumastyledesigns.com/bandai-dx-vf-1j-review/

title-facebook-dx-vf1j.png 

Pretty much had to give this one a 10/10. This thing just knocks it out from top-to-bottom and even without an attachment to Macross there's no way that you can't see how good of a piece this one is. The article breaks it down piece-by-piece per normal, but here are some pics from the gallery portion (Full galla approx 30 pics:)

7-223.png 

5-239.png 

2-291.png 

20-69.png 

23-56.png

31 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

That last shot is just epic!  Nice review! 

It certainly is!!! Simple but epic.

Great review Kuma!!!

Since you have a 1/100 HMR VF-1J, you should also experience a Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 ver2.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Got my second one from Amazon Japan (3 day shipping again!). This specimen also has the uneven wings in battroid mode, and it looks to have a few minor paint blemishes here and there that my first one didn't have. It does have tighter tabs for the arms in fighter mode, so this one will stay that way mostly.

Don't try this with the included flight stand... 

1IU7Ws.jpg

Edited by ghostryder

4 hours ago, kkx said:

@Kuma Style very nice photos, make me appreciate this toy more. :)

More importantly, it is clear from the result that you seem to really enjoy playing with this and taking photos of it, which is the most important thing.

You nailed it. I was extremely surprised and IMPRESSED being so new to this with just how easy it is to play and pose. In fact, I may be doing a second gallery within the week just because. 

And thank you guys, again. The encouragement is very much so appreciated.

8 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

So...ya'll think another release w/out flight stand will come at a lower price?

It would make sense though, if I were Bandai, I don't see why I'd lower the price. I think they could easily just say "that was a freebie with the first release" and keep the price static or maybe drop the price only like 500¥. Seeing as it sold like gangbusters, not much pressure to drop the price.

Here's how I would do it:
Release Focker VF-1S next
Release Hikaru VF-1S after
Release super/strike parts (TWE)
Announce VF-1J Hikaru reissue concurrent with announcement of GBP accessory
Release VF-1J Hikaru
Release GBP (TWE)

Then they'd release a VF-1A Hikaru and who knows where it would go from there. It's possilbe the VF-1A Hikaru would also go before the super/strike TWE release.

A DYRL Hikaru 1A with super parts (probably sold separately) is a lot more appealing to me than another Roy VF-1S.  But that is mainly due to the gaps in my personal collection, more than anything else.

So, I'd be a buyer of the vf-1a over the vf-1s next.  But I'm probably in the minority, and I'd still put money on either a TV or DYRL VF-1S being next.

I don't remember anyone posting pictures of the pilot figure from the DX VF-1 and the 1/48 Hasegawa VF-1 model kit:

IMG_0681.jpg.434bbbdf8bd613cfa6f22dfa9a0e91f6.jpg

That's the DX on the far left, the Hasegawa in the middle and a Roy from the 1/48 Yamato.

IMG_0682.jpg.c8c8c50df7c7597ae1b4d05be3b1e887.jpg

The Hasegawa is way too large to fit in the cramped DX cockpit (doh! just broke the arm, sorry Hikaru), but is surprisingly fits perfectly in the Yamato cockpit.

Size wise, the Yamato, DX and Hasegawa model kits are fairly consistent (I have not finished the kit so it is not included in the pic above).  The nose assembly is slimmer and much more streamlined compared to the toy.

As a toy, the DX is lightyears ahead of the Yamato in terms of heft and polish.  Next step, see if the DX stand can used on the Yamato, since the Yamato did not come with a stand.

IMG_0683.jpg

Edited by Darth Mingus