Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

17 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

not sure what did i use to ship with becos now the order is not even in my account for me to check anymore

you can look it up in your emails. 

It will have all the transaction info.  

Since you pay with paypal, and you said you paid the extra shipping amount.  So did you get 2 refund?, 

or did you get a refund of the total, orignal est price, + extra additional shipping charge.?

Edited by F360

2 minutes ago, F360 said:

you can look it up in your emails. 

It will have all the transaction info.  

Did you pay with paypal or creditcard?

oh ok saw SAL

I paid with paypal

so u mean they will just cancel it without informing me?

even when they asked for a 2k yen top up and i paid for it too?

dun think its my fault right?

Edited by mamboeidos

2 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

oh ok saw SAL

I paid with paypal

so u mean they will just cancel it without informing me?

even when they asked for a 2k yen top up and i paid for it too?

dun think its my fault right?

If you look at how much you are getting refunded back,  you can quickly see if they received the additional charge that you sent them.

If they didn't, they will Cancel your order as stated in the email?  Were you also suppose to email them back once you paypal them the extra  charge?

I don't use paypal with them, (creditcard), but they normally ask you to reply to their email for any changes or questions.

5 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

well done...it was in the junk mail.... no idea y the 1980 payment did not go through...well done...

and they dun even bother to send a reminder email...

2 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

seriously this experience with CDJapan really leave a bad impression.

from pre paying then still having to top up

one way or another , glad your question was solved. 

You can try using a Creditcard next time , so you will only get a pending charge and not have to pay until release date.  

1 hour ago, mamboeidos said:

yup i'll asked them if can resend the money order and i will make payment again.

going to make my this 5k yen more with the exchange loss... but beats having to pay lots more

Indeed. Even on Mandarake the aftermarket price has now crept up to 28k. 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1103292917&ref=list&keyword=マクロス

Changing discussion gears.

While the direct comparison with the old Yammie 1/48 was inevitable and expected, Bandai continuously reiterated that this DX is a successor to their Takatoku-designed 1/55.

So it really should be critically compared to the 1/55 as much and even more than to the yammies (1/48, 1/60v2).

So, does it really surpassed the venerable 1/55?

The 1/55 do:

• shoot missiles/bullets from the gunpod.
  • spring-loaded landing-gears.
  • simple and intuitive transformation sequence.
  • parts-forming is limited to the heatshield and gunpod installation.
  • it's a damn tank of a toy! 

What, then, does this DX-1J offer over the 1/55 besides modern articulation-engineering and anime-accurate aesthetic?  

Pricing excluded, of course.

You summed up everything(?) that is different, am not sure what else is there to say. :lol::p

Should we be comparing it critically since its been 35 years?
The 1/55 has history(read old school charm) in its corner, whereas the 1/48 has modern looks and articulation. 

9 minutes ago, treatment said:

So it really should be critically compared to the 1/55 as much and even more than to the yammies (1/48, 1/60v2).

This is laughable!

It has to be compared with the most recent and most widely accepted version of the best VF-1....and most would agree it would be the last V2.x put out by Yamato/Arcadia.....

With that said, I stand by my initial assessment....the DX is at best a moderate tweak of the Yamato/Arcadia V2.x

We would not be calling this a V3 if Arcadia had released it.

Although very nice, the DX is not the V3 some had been waiting for.....:search:

I sort of get what treatment is trying to ask, i.e. how much changes have bandai made(copied?) to their own line, since the 1/48 is a touted successor to the 1/55..

However i think there isnt much left to compare, if you exclude the pricing, looks and articulation...:p

Other than the usual yellowing-issue, I reckon we still have and see original Takatoku and the various Bandai versions fully functional and stuff even after a long time of playing and stuff. Still springy and still have strong ratchets.  There are few loose ones over the years, afaik, but by and large, not as much.  I know my old '02 reissues are still tight and not yellowed.

You guys think or believe this new DX will last as long and be as durable as the 1/55s, then?

IMHO, i don't think it was in bandai's initial plan to make the 1/55 last forever. Like companies in the 80's it's all about how much merchandise to sell. (which hasn't changed much)

Maybe due to the materials and technology they had available then and were familiar with, could be just a product of the time.

Generally, I dont think toys nowadays will last as much as before. It would be down to individual awareness and care given to maintaining the toy, which determines more how long toy's last....

and in this i hang my head in shame as i did not take care of my old chunkies, as such they now have broken parts ....

16 minutes ago, treatment said:

You guys think or believe this new DX will last as long and be as durable as the 1/55s, then?

No. Materials used on today's toys is already a factor that it will not last as long and durable like the Takatoku ones. The only way I believe to make this new toys last a long time is not to handle it as much as you handle the old ones.

Transformed back to fighter for the first time last night and I must admit, I struggled a bit. More than I do with My Yamato's.  Granted, I'm more use to them.  Figuring out how the little white arm piece that connects to the little swing bar thing for the neck in battroid mode folds back away in fighter mode was a problem for me.  It's not shown clearly in the instructions.  Finally got it figured out.  When you combine that issue  along with the STUPID connector part on the legs fitting back together trying to keep the legs attached, I found myself thinking this release is really more of a semi step sideways, not backwards, but not really forwards either when it comes to comparing it to Yamato Ver2's.  All in all though, it does look great in all 3 modes.  As many have stated, there's positives and negatives to every toy release, but at end the end of the day, these are great, but the 1:60 scale is just easier to handle, and display space is always a factor.  I will keep this one and probably get a Roy, but that will be it for me in this line, well maybe a VF-1D if they do it.  

6 minutes ago, borgified said:

Is it fair to say that everyone is waiting for either Roy's/Hikaru's Strike 1s and the eventual GBP armour for the 1J? ;)

Considering they are the most iconic VF-1s of the show I agree. As for the DYRL Hikaru VF-1S, I consider it being the closest thing to a modern Transformers Jetfire and something I want.

I'm not going to go all in with the DX. Probably the DYRL Hikaru VF-1S as mentioned and the Vermillion squad and that's it. 

Definitely waiting for the 1S, but just want TV version, so 1 for Roy and 1 for Hikaru with Super packs. 

If they never release a TV 1S Hikaru, then I’d resort to making my own with a decal for the canopy and taking a spare Hikaru pilot from my 1J battroid. 

I feel if they haven’t released TV 1S Hikaru for HMR there is probably zero chance for DX. 

3 hours ago, treatment said:

Changing discussion gears.

While the direct comparison with the old Yammie 1/48 was inevitable and expected, Bandai continuously reiterated that this DX is a successor to their Takatoku-designed 1/55.

So, does it really surpassed the venerable 1/55?

The 1/55 do:

• shoot missiles/bullets from the gunpod.
  • spring-loaded landing-gears.
  • simple and intuitive transformation sequence.
  • parts-forming is limited to the heatshield and gunpod installation.
  • it's a damn tank of a toy! 

What, then, does this DX-1J offer over the 1/55 besides modern articulation-engineering and anime-accurate aesthetic?  

Pricing excluded, of course.

The old 1/55 was made in Japan right?  Guessing these are made in China?

You can also use an original 1/55 Chunky as a self-defense weapon. :p 

I'd agree with it being a sort of "side-step" in terms of comparisons.  Much like the Bandai and Arcadia YF-19s, they focus on different aspects, and accomplish them different ways, with no real definite conclusion of one being better than the other overall.

Is it an overall improvement in terms of fit, form, and function, compared with its competitors?  In a sense, Bandai mashed up the Yamato 1/48 and 1/60 molds, in terms of features and proportions.  They took the size and features of the 1/48, shaped it like the v.2 1/60, and put their own spin on the transformation sequence.  For every little improvement, I think they took a similarly small backstep.  I think not including any missiles with this release was a slap in the face, but such is Bandai's standard practice at this point. 

Just like with the YF-19, the addition of a waist joint necessitated a compromise that works better on paper than in reality.  Just like the old Yamato 1/48, my speedbrake needs tape to hold it closed, and the wingflaps are still uselesss features that are both completely inaccurate, and annoying to have to keep adjusting.  The landing gear are nicely shaped, and fold out well, once you've gotten over the pain and frustration of all the fingernails you've torn off trying to open the doors.

Unfortunately for our wallets, just like the YF-19 situation, the only real answer is that you should own both. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal