Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's great to see that you have three 1J's, Spanner. :good: ^_^ 

Thanks Noel, it certainly feels great to have another trio going! I only have the two sets of three Valkyries now and they're both VF-1's.. these DX and the the TV 1:60 Brownies. Absolutely loving these DX's! Can't wait to see their next release!

6 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Great display, Spanner

Thanks! :)

Edited by spanner

7 minutes ago, spanner said:

Thanks Noel, it certainly feels great to have another trio going! I only have the two sets of three Valkyries now and they're both VF-1's.. these DX and the the TV 1:60 Brownies. Absolutely loving these DX's! Can't wait to see their next release!

i'm so jealous, nice display!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I think @spanner‘s arrangement looks great. It makes me wonder (or wish) if there was a stand like the Tamashii Trident that some of us use for HMR that’d be large enough to handle 3 valks of DX size. Would a Yeti stand base work with 3 arms? 

I know the YetiStand works great with Arcadia's VF-0S. You can probably use it with 2 VF-0S since they're both the same size. But I think the DX VF-1J is much heavier so I won't suggest to use it for 3 DX VF-1J's. Probably 2 YetiStands will suffice just to be safe. ;) 

19 minutes ago, spanner said:

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

If there’s ever a piece that was meant to be bought and displayed in multiples, it’s the VF-1.

I have to agree @ScrambledValkyrie. VF-1 looks great when displayed in multiples. :wub:

wl813aX.jpg 

Now Spanner just need to get 6 more. Don't you agree, @spanner:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I know the YetiStand works great with Arcadia's VF-0S. You can probably use it with 2 VF-0S since they're both the same size. But I think the DX VF-1J is much heavier so I won't suggest to use it for 3 DX VF-1J's. Probably 2 YetiStands will suffice just to be safe. ;) 

I have to agree @ScrambledValkyrie. VF-1 looks great when displayed in multiples. :wub:

wl813aX.jpg 

Wow!  Now that's a display piece!  Impressive.

Howdy all!

First time on these Macross forums, and first time buying a Robotech/Macross Valkyrie.   This Bandai DX VF-1J is amazing! This piece is light years beyond some of my current transforming robot collection.  This piece belongs in a museum! 

Welcome to my '80s childhood collection!  Wow!

125915-01.thumb.jpg.33027357b51a90f6f3f9961ca85b96a5.jpg

NY can be hit or miss in the customer service department.

Some will apologize for them more than others; but by and large, if they are communicating with you then you will probably receive your order (when is another question). Only NY can offer more info. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

My 1j from amiami finally arrived today.  i sold all my 1:48 valks years ago when i started collecting the 1:60 v2's....i forgot just how big 1:48 valks are.  I share all the pros and cons already stated in this thread so i will keep this short.  Its gorgeous and very well built. It looks great on a shelf.  I am glad i got one and i will get the hikaru 1s if released but thats probably it.  I prefer my yamato/arcadia 1:60's and i don't see them going anywhere/being replaced anytime soon. 

IMG_3823.JPG

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

wl813aX.jpg 

Hehe! Absolutely! But I don't think I should spend all my money... The Macross museum should replace all their 1:60's with the new DX 1:48's!!

2 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

3178372B-1D88-4C4B-B78F-0C86B1F2DDDA.jpeg

That's awesome! The perfect pilot for the job! 

47 minutes ago, Baedal said:

Nippon Yasan still doesn't send mine. Someone else?

I ordered one from NY and they shipped it last week and it arrived yesterday. Though it was in order preparation for over a week..

9 minutes ago, spanner said:

Hehe! Absolutely! But I don't think I should spend all my money... The Macross museum should replace all their 1:60's with the new DX 1:48's!!

That's awesome! The perfect pilot for the job! 

I ordered one from NY and they shipped it last week and it arrived yesterday. Though it was in order preparation for over a week..

Mine finally went into order preparation From NY so I'm trying to be as patient as Possible 

Edited by Rickifast

15 minutes ago, F360 said:

that is a really nice shot.  If the VF-1J wasn't making a thumbs up, it would look like he's taking a selfie . :)  

3178372B-1D88-4C4B-B78F-0C86B1F2DDDA.jpeg.1822d8a160f7978fa8ccb9063f616ab1.jpeg

Sorry about the phone 'pink case'. I just saw some movie last weekend about a man who can talk to the sea creatures. ^_^

6 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

That's all kind of awesome Noel!!!!

Why the down voting?????

Up vote from me, gotta balance the force.

Thanks Ignacio! :friends:

Don't worry about the downvotes, sir. I'm just ignoring it.

2lgEYHY.gif

Edited by no3Ljm