Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They fixed it, listed at ¥25,000 at checkout for me.

what the heck.. so when i bought it earlier, it was grand total of 279 shipped, saw your post.. went through process again and grand total was 259.

Canceled the first order - re-ordered and got the new lower price. Crazy Amazon.

7 minutes ago, ghostryder said:

I don't have the mad skills to panel line and wash like others on this thread, so I cheat with a 0.3mm pencil :p.

It's a very subtle effect, but works for me.

I actually prefer the lighter panel lining on this one, the lines themselves are deep enough to show even without lining. Black just seems a bit too much to me.

I for one am really not into panel lining. I much prefer a much more natural effect. Planes, ship, traines, and automobiles do not wear out evenly. Nor do they accumulate dirt and grime at the same rate. Uneven wear is more natural and discoloration without concert is more appealing. If ever you notice how dust accumulated on your car or your jet you will notice weather[ing] has no particular preference on wear it wants to present itself. It just want to do what it does without you noticing, until you decide to notice. By that time time you can see what you and you figure it applies to subject as a whole and another play what you saw apply to all surfaces.

Incorrectly.

My two cents.

Edited by nightmareB4macross
Just an opinion.

7 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I for one am really not into panel lining. I much prefer a much more natural effect. Planes, ship, traines, and automobiles do not wear out evenly. Nor do they accumulate dirt and grime at the same rate. Uneven wear is more natural and discoloration without concert is more appealing. If ever you notice how dust accumulated on your car or your jet you will notice weather[ing] has no particular preference on wear it wants to present itself. It just want to do what it does without you noticing, until you decide to notice. By that time time you fell what you saw applies to all surfaces.

Think you're conflating panel lining with weathering. One is just making the lines stand out more, the other is meant to give it the used appearance you're speaking of. 

For the DX I didn't want to spend a lot of time drawing in lines with a pencil (my usual method with Yamatos) so I just gave it a quick once-over using dark grey wash (never use black wash except in small spots) and said good enough. I save the real TLC for my Yammies. ^_^

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Think you're conflating panel lining with weathering. One is just making the lines stand out more, the other is meant to give it the used appearance you're speaking of. 

For the DX I didn't want to spend a lot of time drawing in lines with a pencil (my usual method with Yamatos) so I just gave it a quick once-over using dark grey wash (never use black wash except in small spots) and said good enough. I save the real TLC for my Yammies. ^_^

I apologize if I offended you but I never intended to put this in as someone specifically being in my crosshairs to any particular customizers preference and/or application.

I just stated a preference.

I enjoy seeing everyone's desicion to stylize their valkyries as they see fit. All I was stating was a fact. 

My sincerest apologies if you took it personally, I never meant it to be as such.

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Lolicon's pencil lining is amazing. best i've seen. 

14 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I apologize if I offended you but I never intended to put this in as someone specifically being in my crosshairs to any particular customizers preference and/or application.

I just stated a preference.

I enjoy seeing everyone's desicion to stylize their valkyries as they see fit. All I was stating was a fact. 

My sincerest apologies if you took it personally, I never meant it to be as such.

Whoa whoa didn't mean to make you think I was annoyed or offended or anything. I should be apologizing to you if I did! :shok:

Everyone has preferences and that's cool. In fact, I think mine ended up darker I would have liked, because the satin topcoat turned the dark grey slightly darker, and looks almost black in photos. If I'm annoyed at anything, it's that. ;)

For some reason, I find Bandai valks way more tedious and less enjoyable to work on than Yamato.

5 hours ago, ghostryder said:

I don't have the mad skills to panel line and wash like others on this thread, so I cheat with a 0.3mm pencil :p.

It's a very subtle effect, but works for me.

This is a nice effort, and simple to implement.

Whether it be light or medium or heavy lining, is all a matter of individual preference.
Like a work of art!

Any panel lining will make the toy looks less than a toy and more of a model. :good:

Being a lazy bones when it comes to customizing, most likely mine will stay stock. However, i will really see if i can panel line one too..

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Lolicon's pencil lining is amazing. best i've seen. 

^second that!

3 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I for one am really not into panel lining. I much prefer a much more natural effect. Planes, ship, traines, and automobiles do not wear out evenly. Nor do they accumulate dirt and grime at the same rate. Uneven wear is more natural and discoloration without concert is more appealing. If ever you notice how dust accumulated on your car or your jet you will notice weather[ing] has no particular preference on wear it wants to present itself. It just want to do what it does without you noticing, until you decide to notice. By that time time you can see what you and you figure it applies to subject as a whole and another play what you saw apply to all surfaces.

Incorrectly.

My two cents.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah i agree with lolicon, panel lining is to bring out the tiny details for a more model-ish display value.
Weathering is a separate matter to bring in realism to the toy/model.

I suppose those are mutually exclusive, although some may say, you shouldn't weather without also having panel lining. But its ok to panel line and not weathered.

My 2 cents. No offense given, nor taken.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:45 PM, Lolicon said:

The hips on mine are already stating to get a little loose, though that may just be because I didn't tighten the screws with the strength of the mentally deranged when I reassembled it, as Bandai factories are wont to do.

Hopefully there would be a way to maintain it. If its just a matter of tightening the screws, that would be easiest.

I already concerned abt my valk doing the splits and the supers aren't even out yet! 

Edited by seti88

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I think mine ended up darker I would have liked, because the satin topcoat turned the dark grey slightly darker, and looks almost black in photos. If I'm annoyed at anything, it's that. ;)

For some reason, I find Bandai valks way more tedious and less enjoyable to work on than Yamato.

i thought you used a black wash. it looks pretty dark very different from your yamato.

for anyone who's never seen Lolicon's Yamato 1/60 roy VF-1S lined and weathered, it's hands down the best there is.  it stored way back from my original MW 10k post account but i can't find it since i rejoined. 

11 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Can somebody confirm this?, currently in work and  can't check mine:

Is this a custom or something or indeed the DX 1J has this gimmick o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsdBreioke4

It’s custom modding. It wasn’t in the manual nor was featured in the official videos. Same thing with magnetizing the intakes that was posted here a couple of pages ago. 

50 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Can somebody confirm this?, currently in work and  can't check mine:

Is this a custom or something or indeed the DX 1J has this gimmick o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsdBreioke4

You wonder if the guys at Bandai are thinking "Damn, why didn't we think of that?" :lol:

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

You wonder if the guys at Bandai are thinking "Damn, why didn't we think of that?" :lol:

And you wonder afterwards if Bandai integrated that feature “Damn! Good thing Bandai didn’t add that feature or else we’re going to pay more.” :rofl: 

After some toughts I decided to sell mine, its on my PW on HLJ and of couse it would go at MSRP, just take into consideration paypal conversion rate and I'll ship it to your address

Ill post it on the sale and trade section if needed, hope im not breaking a rule here

SOLD

Edited by mog_kupo

34 minutes ago, mog_kupo said:

After some toughts I decided to sell mine, its on my PW on HLJ and of couse it would go at MSRP, just take into consideration paypal conversion rate and I'll ship it to your address

Ill post it on the sale and trade section if needed, hope im not breaking a rule here

Screenshot (62).png

MSG sent ill take it

1 minute ago, frankell05 said:

if anyone wants to sell one of theirs hit me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF you really want one they Have them in stock here......I ordered one a few days ago has some inflation but what can you do

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/25676-super-dimensional-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-vf-1j-valkyrie-ichijo-hikaru-custom.html

5 minutes ago, Rickifast said:

IF you really want one they Have them in stock here......I ordered one a few days ago has some inflation but what can you do

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/25676-super-dimensional-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-vf-1j-valkyrie-ichijo-hikaru-custom.html

Still  cheaper than almost all ebay DX VF-1J findings. ;).      

Just to make sure I’m not doing something wrong, none of the DX VF-1Js on Amazon japan can be shipped to USA, correct?  Every time I try to check out, I get a message saying that the purchase cannot be shipped to the USA.  Kind of weird because I set the filter to international shipping eligible items and a handful of DX valks populate. But when I get to the shipping screen, I get the error.