Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

47 minutes ago, Agent-GHQ said:

I’ve dumped the majority of my 1/48 Yammies in favor of the 1/60 v2. Now after handling this DX 1/48, it sure brings back that good ‘ol old school 1/55 feel again. Overall, I’m elated! 

But since there seems to be some nit pick, I’ll share mine too. I noticed the gap around the tail fin and the arms in fighter mode. Not a deal breaker but just kinda a sore eye if seen from behind. 

Perhaps it was done intentionally to make the backpack proportional? 

F477E9D9-1CA3-483B-9571-455D9C8F4481.jpeg

A01F0500-64BF-4A63-B050-4FDFD5B37E4D.jpeg

389DBF1F-7A48-4E2A-851E-D48DEEFCE86A.jpeg

20 minutes ago, jenius said:

I was wondering about that too! Did they downsize the backpack at some point?

I won't be surprised if Bandai did tune the backpack to make it more proportional.

Here are a some quick shots that I did with the 1/48 Yammie Low Vis (and its flush right to the legs in valk mode).

DSC01296.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

Interesting deal on the backpack, hopefully something to do with supers attaching, once you see it though, it's kinda hard to unsee.    Anywhoo, mine's leaving Tokyo at the moment according to EMS tracking so hopefully here in Texas by Wednesday maybe even Tuesday, we'll see! :yahoo:

Mine Just arrived! First off.. I love it! It's mega! The size and heft give it a good feeling in the hand. The tampo printing all over is just great! 

Very happy with it and looking forward to another two arriving!

Few small niggles.. the intake covers don't fit in very well and pop out if you touch them. The front part of the cockpit canopy doesn't lock down well enough and the wing flaps on mine want to drop a bit. I think the pilot figure is too small and doesn't sit in securely enough. And the gunpod strap at the business end keeps falling out but that was easily fixed. But they are only small things which don't bother me so much. I think this thing is just awesome! 

Could this line replace my v2 YamYams? No I don't think so. But... I could easily continue collecting the 1:48 DX line! Very easily indeed!

20190107_141009.jpg

That is most unfortunate. Did you lift or step? It clearly says "NO LIFT" and "NO STEP" on the wing flap. User error. LOL. Yeah definitely a QC issue. Maybe you can exchange.

What is up with the scratches on the wing by the hard point in the middle pic. 

Edited by Spiff

12 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

1 of mine has arrived, and it has a faulty wing flap. 

BD90F5EC-7C10-4EC3-A832-B4A047B81939.thumb.jpeg.7bd9edcdaf4ad956b2c184368bcb335a.jpeg

There is not enough plastic to hold the peg in place. See the other wing

Might have to glue that flap. 

Waiting on the EMS delivery for my other 2.

Sucks about the wing flap.. also, is that scratching next to the hard point?

I'm going to double sided tape the pilot figure in place as it's bugging me too much when it constantly moves about..

Also, it's a tight fit having the gunpod strap fitted when it's in fighter mode. Surprised they didn't account for that a bit better. Unless I'm doing it wrong somehow?

And I'm loving the fully articulated fingers! LOL!

20190107_145909.jpg

20190107_145817.jpg

23 minutes ago, spanner said:

I'm going to double sided tape the pilot figure in place as it's bugging me too much when it constantly moves about..

Also, it's a tight fit having the gunpod strap fitted when it's in fighter mode. Surprised they didn't account for that a bit better. Unless I'm doing it wrong somehow?

Was wondering where were the bird flipping pics...:D....first?:D

11 minutes ago, spanner said:

This guy can be very cheeky! :p:D

Fishing for upvotes?? :lol:

4 minutes ago, spanner said:

What happened? Static pose?

1 hour ago, Spiff said:

That is most unfortunate. Did you lift or step? It clearly says "NO LIFT" and "NO STEP" on the wing flap. User error. LOL. Yeah definitely a QC issue. Maybe you can exchange.

What is up with the scratches on the wing by the hard point in the middle pic. 

LOL! It said NO and I had to say YES! 

1 hour ago, spanner said:

Sucks about the wing flap.. also, is that scratching next to the hard point?

I only noticed the scratches on the wing when I wasn posting the photos. I have no idea. I’ll need to look again tomorrow. It’s all boxed up again at work. Keeping it there until some of my work colleagues return from Xmas/NY break. They’ll be stoked to check out my faulty wing flap, err... I mean valk. 

I also had one of the arms not want to stay clipped into the underside of the body, but wiggled the legs a bit and it went in snug and tight.

Thankfully the rear flaps aren’t a floppy mess and the nose cone has enough resistance. 

A bit of messy sprue cuts left here and there though. Maybe I’m too picky. :p

but shouldn’t we be for a AU$280 toy?

EDIT: I just remembered my gun strap also has some bad molding on 1 side. 

*complain complain complain* :lol:

Edited by eggy99

41 minutes ago, jenius said:

Got my text review up... now to start working on the video review....

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=12016

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-17.jpg

Nice read. Just to point out that the ankles actually  have 2 joints. There's the ball joint and above that a side to side swivel hinge. Which can be seen when the foot is fully extended. This allows for really well articulated ankle tilts. And the feet can actually be planted firmly and flat on the ground with the very wide A stance.

Thank you, I'll be sure to show the whole thing off when I do the video and maybe I'll edit the description in that photo also. I still have a couple pics to add to the article, including a pic of all the common complaint items (loose pilot, easily unpegged nose, easily skewed leg fins).

So, I've got some hope the next version fits better. On my VF-1 only one of the intake covers is over-large (the right side sits in just fine, the left pops out a bit). Also I've got no problems with the canopy, and the swing-bar actually required me to use the tool to free the legs.

The real question is did I get lucky and everything was better to tolerance, or was mine at the end of the run after they made some fixes? Or was it a the start before some mold wear accumulated?

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Just received my first one. It's pretty much perfect without any of the issues reported so far. Hopefully my second one is just as good.

I know it was in the anime, but I'm wondering what's the point of the gun strap when they can just connect the gunpod to their forearm.

crappy iphone pic....

Makuros, makuros....

1377535757_WhatsAppImage2019-01-07at3_17_43PM.jpeg.acf9477326a3e2382eacc5c12ed1db51.jpeg

Tampo makes it look like a model instead of toy...heft is there but with all ur descriptions, i was expecting to pump iron with this valk.

No issues with leg fins or wings flaps..

Loving it! :yahoo:

Edited by seti88

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Interesting deal on the backpack, hopefully something to do with supers attaching, once you see it though, it's kinda hard to unsee.    Anywhoo, mine's leaving Tokyo at the moment according to EMS tracking so hopefully here in Texas by Wednesday maybe even Tuesday, we'll see! :yahoo:

Saw the backpack issue pics earlier. It reminds me of DX YF-19 floating wing tab. That's Bandai for us. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, spanner said:

20190107_145909.jpg

Nice one, Spanner. ;) :good: :lol: 

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Got my text review up... now to start working on the video review....

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=12016

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-17.jpg

Superb reviews as always, Jenius. Big thanks! :good: ;)

Hi everyone, new here and I ordered 2 from Nippon Yassin, and it’s been paid for and all and it says waiting for costumer reply. It’s my first time using the site and it’s kinda bugging me that they haven’t shipped out yet since they got back from New Years. Anyone had any problems with them like this?

4 minutes ago, OPMacrossCannon said:

Hi everyone, new here and I ordered 2 from Nippon Yassin, and it’s been paid for and all and it says waiting for costumer reply. It’s my first time using the site and it’s kinda bugging me that they haven’t shipped out yet since they got back from New Years. Anyone had any problems with them like this?

Check your email. From what has bern posted here by some members, NY has been asking for additional Y600-700 for shipping since it’s a big box.

And welcome to MacrossWorld! Happy collecting. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

5 minutes ago, spanner said:

I reversed double back flipped and reordered one from NY and today got preparation notice. Hopefully they ship it out soon..

I remember the day when @spanner stated he probably wouldn't get this series. Let's go find that post. :lol: