Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Interestingly enough, on mine the wing flaps/ailerons aren't floppy at all. They're super tight, and it actually takes some force to get them to hinge up or down.

Unfortunately the airbrake hinge isn't tight. I'm going to see about tightening it up so it'll stay closed.

Wing flaps aren’t floppy on mine either, but they do pop off willingly when bumped during handling. I’m fine with the feature (I’ve been used to it since 2003) although I’d rather not have it. 

I just realized what a beast this thing is going to be in GBP...or the inevitable FEXT armor.  Mmmmm

1 minute ago, eriku said:

Wing flaps aren’t floppy on mine either, but they do pop off willingly when bumped during handling. I’m fine with the feature (I’ve been used to it since 2003) although I’d rather not have it. 

I just realized what a beast this thing is going to be in GBP...or the inevitable FEXT armor.  Mmmmm

Looking forward to GBP and FEXT accessories for sure :)

16 minutes ago, eriku said:

post-6180-0-17344400-1458930706.jpg

This is obviously the Yamato 1/48 version & at 1/48 with the GBP Armor, it's truly a beast!! 

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

Ya know... a DX GBP might also come with a gray visor Hikaru head since the head is a ball joint. 

I’d definitely have to include the GBP in my collection if it comes bundled with grey goggles.

Bandai move: just includes the head for you to swap out... :rolleyes:

Edited by eggy99

Nothing from AmiAmi on my end yet....patiently waiting.  I was thinking about masking and painting the grey goggle piece on my head after I'm done playing around with it. We'll see. Also, I'm torn whether or not to panel line it! It's so pretty just white...

19 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

This is obviously the Yamato 1/48 version & at 1/48 with the GBP Armor, it's truly a beast!! 

Did the 1/48 GBP come with those DYRL-styled hands, or were those made by someone after the fact?  I don't remember which style it originally included.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Lolz... TWE exclusive head. 

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

3990 JY, GBP sold separately. 

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Don't forget the missiles to go inside the GBP as another TWE. This thing is going to get expensive.

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

As crazy as this sound, it's totally possible when it comes to bandai.

Bandai is sure to offer the GBP-specific missiles-launch effects, too.

Separately.

Tamashii  Nations Events showroom exclusive at first.

Then TWE after a month or so.

Oy, vey...

:unknw:

4 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

This is the first time I notice this since I don’t have Yamato 1/48 VF-1’s. Is that how the armor is on the nosecone? Or is that an alternate armor part? I don’t remember seeing a nosecone shape armor based on the lineart.

Edit: I browsed Jenius’ Anymoon site and it is indeed an alternate nosecone part. Learned something new today from the old Yammie 1/48’s. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

There are two nosecone pieces with the Yamato armor. One that goes over the nose cone (but it’s quite large) and a smaller one for use without the nose cone. Here’s a pic from anymoon GBP-Nose-1.jpg

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

There are two nosecone pieces with the Yamato armor. One that goes over the nose cone (but it’s quite large) and a smaller one for use without the nose cone. Someone correct me if that’s wrong :)

Thank you sir! ;)

I remember Jenius site after I posted that one and see what it is. I really appreciate Jenius’ review website for things like this. Thanks! :good:

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Don't forget the missiles to go inside the GBP as another TWE. This thing is going to get expensive.

Oh gosh please don’t give them any ideas.... Knowing Bandai, they might really do something ridiculous like this. 

Or a separate “missile effects parts” for another 3980 yen.... :(

21 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Nice pics everyone! Ami still hasnt updated yet...cmon...

Ami customer here as well. For me it’s already past the point where I will receive this before I leave for two weeks. Kinda wasted the EMS shipping charge on this one too. 

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

That GBP, sir, looks amazing!

Can you share how you applied the stickers to the armor so that they don’t peel off over time?  My stickers on a 2008 1/48 have started peeling. Did you need any Mark Setter? Thanks 

10 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Ami customer here as well. For me it’s already past the point where I will receive this before I leave for two weeks. Kinda wasted the EMS shipping charge on this one too. 

You don’t have to feel like it is a waste. I was contemplating going SAL Parcel for my Ami order, but the compensation for lost parcel or damage is tiny just to save $20 AUD. It was a small price to pay for piece of mind compared to the total payment. For something this expensive I didn’t want to risk it. ;)

31 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

My order from amiami hasn’t shipped either but the status is “Processing shipping”, so hopefully it will go out soon.

Same here from CDJapan, it notified "In shipping process" since few days before year end and requested for the revised shipping cost up 1100yen (yes, I did paid).  Upto now there is no update still.

3 minutes ago, plaslid said:

Same here from CDJapan, it notified "In shipping process" since few days before year end and requested for the revised shipping cost up 1100yen (yes, I did paid).  Upto now there is no update still.

Depends on when you pay too , I paid within hours of request and they shipped out on the 2nd, it’s just cleared US customs. 

Mine finally arrived after 6 calls to DHL to keep it moving. They were planning to hold it until 1/8 since that was their original delivery estimate.

I've completed the F->G->B cycle. Very smooth and enjoyable aside from the leg fins that are always getting in the way and moving as a result. I echo the others who have said that this is nice and solid feeling.  I like the color. 

Anyone know which, if any, Yeti Stand adapter (gerwalk & battroid) will work with this? 

Edited by Matt Random