Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, treatment said:

You know?

Not sure if anybody else already mentioned it yet or not, but...

It seems this DX 1J's nosecone/cockpit section is non-removable,

This is in contrast to the yammie/arcadia 1/60v2 feature.

Can't remember if the old yammie 1/48 had removable nosecone/cockpit section,.

Wonder if Bandai will update/tweak the design if/when they make a DX VF-1D. 

Or just make it an exclusive feature of the DX VF-1D since it's the only valk in the anime that the feature was shown being used.

Yamato 1/48 cockpit nosecone is not removable.

2 hours ago, canklebreaker said:

After updating my old debit card to a CC, they attempted to charge it again which was once again declined becus I had to verify if it was fraud...after confirming the transaction was valid I havent been able to switch payment methods anymore. Does that mean that they finally accepted my payment on amazon JP?

You won’t know until you see the charge from on your  creditcard .   If it was declined due to possible fraud , they will rerun it .  If it works you will see the charge , .  

49 minutes ago, dapro said:

My pending credit card charge changed form $356 to $360 from Amiami. Did this happen to anyone else?

USD is in sharp decline against the yen. Hopefully they will ship your package before it declines more!

Ok. So I’ve had this for a few days now. I think most criticism has been spot on.  I was underwhelmed at the start. That being said, there are a lot of little touches that Bandai did that are really making me like this Valkyrie. For example I really like the head lasers being able to flare out in Battroid, but tuck tight in fighter. I like how the option parts install in easier and cleaner then Yamato/Arcadia. I like the hands, finish, articulation, and feel. I’m not getting rid of anything, but this fella is really starting to warm up to me. Just my 2 cents, but there might be an arc to owning this figure for some at least. 

This looks better than I expected. Perhaps I never noticed the scale originally and seeing those comparison pictures surprised me. I guess I'm really hoping they make this in a VF-1S Max DYRL battle damaged version now.

13 hours ago, F360 said:

You won’t know until you see the charge from on your  creditcard .   If it was declined due to possible fraud , they will rerun it .  If it works you will see the charge , .  

Hmm at the bottom of my statement it still says 0 yen charged, I sent them an email. Hopefully they can rerun it.

I don’t seem to have the option to change payment methods again...allowed me to do it twice prior to this.

Edited by canklebreaker

heads up!

as of this posting, amz-jp has one for 19440y again, but there's only one left!

hurry!

edit as of 11:52 PST:

gone now. 

hope one of you got it.

amz-jp stock might show up again, so just refresh the link regularly.

Also, jp-holiday is over now, so regular import-shops (ami, hlj, hs, cdj, etc) should be open again. Check them for stocks also.

Edited by treatment
updated

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

For those like me who ordered from Amazon after it was released did they charge your credit card yet?  Placed my order 3 days ago and no charges on my card yet.

Mine was charged a day after my order confirmation.

Placed order on 31st Dec, and see the item on my online credit card statement on the 1st.

Edited by kkx

One of the things I really like about this figure is how heavy and rock solid it is. I can hold it by a leg and give it a little shake and nothing moves. Well, the chest jiggles a little (dangit Bandai) but it’s not floppy. 

I do hope Bandai improves the swing bar latch. I hate having such a lovely valk bifurcate itself during transformation.

Despite that, and the Yammie-like wing flaps, I really love this thing. I kind of look at it as a stand-alone figure, basically a SOC VF-1 so I doubt I’ll buy another beyond his one. And probably Roy. And lord help me if they venture further out into low-viz and VF-X territory...

43 minutes ago, treatment said:
heads up!

as of this posting, amz-jp has one for 19440y again, but there's only one left!

hurry!

edit as of 11:52 PST:

gone now. 

hope one of you got it.

amz-jp stock might show up again, so just refresh the link regularly.

Also, jp-holiday is over now, so regular import-shops (ami, hlj, hs, cdj, etc) should be open again. Check them for stocks also.

Noob here, what’s HD and CDJ? I’ve checked the other sites but still no availability. Also, how did you now there was one for 19440 yen? Do you have a page monitor or something?

Interestingly enough, on mine the wing flaps/ailerons aren't floppy at all. They're super tight, and it actually takes some force to get them to hinge up or down.

Unfortunately the airbrake hinge isn't tight. I'm going to see about tightening it up so it'll stay closed.

1 minute ago, canklebreaker said:

Noob here, what’s HD and CDJ? I’ve checked the other sites but still no availability. Also, how did you now there was one for 19440 yen? Do you have a page monitor or something?

• ami =Ami Ami
  • hlj= Hobby Link Japan
  • hs= Hobby Search
  • cdj= CD Japan

Bandai gotta milk this mold and rake in the money. 

They released so many Metal Build Exia variants. 

Ami is back to work today correct? I imagine we will see shipping activity as early as 4 hours from now and throughout their work day. :)