Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

18 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Waiting for my Amiami payment email. I want to pay already before the AUD drops even more. Everyday my 3 valks are costing me more than I estimated 6 months ago. :lol:

not using AUD but Yen is getting stronger as the days goes by. Also waiting for Amiami to request payment before it gets any higher.

NY is already paid for and just waiting for them to ship it.

Just curious here, is the mad rush to get the PO version simply because its the special PO version? There is going to be a general release at more sane prices when its released in a few days correct? I have been waiting it out since I missed the original PO back in July - but I do not want to end up with no vf-1j.

Edited by Mechinyun

There has been no real evidence that I am aware of for another release without the stand. Just speculation. I suspect the next variant will not include the stand. I suspect VF-1S TV Roy or DYRL Hikaru. 

I think the prices will probably drop a bit upon release. Maybe not back to the PO price, but less than the current gouging. 

Edited by Matt Random

54 minutes ago, Mechinyun said:

Just curious here, is the mad rush to get the PO version simply because its the special PO version? There is going to be a general release at more sane prices when its released in a few days correct? I have been waiting it out since I missed the original PO back in July - but I do not want to end up with no vf-1j.

If I had to guess (and this is just an educated guess, based on the info I've seen), there will be a more "general" release that does not come with the extra display stand.  How much that one will cost is anyone's guess.

It is also entirely possible they skip a reissue and just go to the next version they want to make (VF-1S in all likelihood).

You can still place an order at NY, AE or the site you listed.

They’re all fine places to order from; although NY is debatable for TWE. Some folks (myself included) still have NOT received the VF-31A TWE that was released in March (8 short months ago). 

42 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Curse you and your logic :hi:

The yen is not climbing like before and is going back down again so I planned to wait the extra day anyways .  Plan to pay the best exchange rate in the 7 day amiami pay window .   Just to save a couple of bucks.   ^_^ 

I wasn't lucky enough to preorder from HLJ or AmiAmi when it was first announced so I ended up ordering one from Nippon Yasan. I knew I was going to pay a lot more for it and was fine with the cost, but tonight I just got an email from NY asking for $7 more for shipping because the package was larger than expected. Kind of unfair I think since they already charge a premium and got my payment already, but I really want the toy and don't want to hassle with getting a refund and buying from eBay. I don't even know where else to buy it from. 

I'm up here in Tokyo so I'm going to be joining the hordes lining up on the streets of Akihabara Tomorrow

Also BANDAI just put out a shortened version of their video, nothing new except a few new pictures from the manual but hey! pictures from the manual right?

Also I don't know how to post links >.<

https://youtu.be/mgfeidV4X0o

NY strikes again with their charging extra at time of shipping shinanigans. It’s why NY is not a first preference for me. There is the risk that the already high shipping will be increased at the release date. 

I’ve also heard that CDJ can charge extra at release date, but I think it’s very rare. 

It is a common NY practice. :rolleyes:

The thing that makes the increased charge so brutal with NY is that they inflate their shipping charges as it is. So, they're going to charge you more and then they will pay less than they originally billed you for in the first place so they can maintain the profit margin (since they price aggressively, the shipping costs are included in their overall margin) With CDJ, they don't inflate the shipping charges so if they actually do charge you a corrected amount, it's because it really is costing them more to ship it to you than you have already paid.

33 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

NY strikes again with their charging extra at time of shipping shinanigans. It’s why NY is not a first preference for me. There is the risk that the already high shipping will be increased at the release date. 

I’ve also heard that CDJ can charge extra at release date, but I think it’s very rare. 

It is a common NY practice. :rolleyes:

have only had good experiences buying their stock. my first taste of the pre-order business practices (he changed his mind and sold his to me).

my other order is with CDJ, still awaiting their payment request.

1 hour ago, apptt4 said:

mate ordered through NY, they are now asking for additional shipping as package is larger than expected.

Wait what? Wow, yeah quite common for NY unfortunately, how much more they asking?

Mykombini just emailed me saying due to holiday season they will only be able to ship early next year