Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

14 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I paid 7992 JY up front for 2 sets.

Second charge (when they arrive) is buying fee (300 JY) + domestic shipping (maybe 1000 JY?) + international shipping (maybe 1500 JY for SAL). 

I paid with a CC with no foreign fees so it’s cheaper than bank or PayPal. YMMV

I got a payment request immediately; you may want to checkout the buying guide because it should have gone right through. 

Domestic JP shipping is 648 yen per order, as per p-bandai FAQ. Not sure if that amt stays if you order more than a set, but since the missile sets shouldn't be that large, i suppose 2 would still be at 648 yen?

14 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Probably because FJ has gone to bed so they won’t reply until tomorrow morning. 

yeah i got a quote the next morning.

So the way i see it, one order of a single set from FJ would set me 4944 yen, whereby AE is listed at 4980 yen. 40 yen diff is negligible.
I will likely stick with AE if am ordering a single set, as they can group it together with my other chobham NT1 order and ship it together next year.

edit: Single order's with NY seems ok too..

However, if i were to order multiples, i might consider FJ in the future. Savings on the single order processing fee comes to mind as FJ's 300yen fee is per order.

Also, with FJ, you dont need  to wait for the shops to list....

Edited by seti88

7 minutes ago, seti88 said:

BTW, does anyone know how long the missile sets PO lasts until? I dont see it listed in p-bandai's page...

Am thinking if i can delay my purchase and get upfront payment listed in my next bill instead of my christmas bill :lol:

In my experience wth Hi Metal R, I’ve seen the TWEs stay open for PO at NY for at least a month. Not sure if that applies to DX or not.

53 minutes ago, seti88 said:

BTW, does anyone know how long the missile sets PO lasts until? I dont see it listed in p-bandai's page...

Am thinking if i can delay my purchase and get upfront payment listed in my next bill instead of my christmas bill :lol:

There is not set close date yet ,  but once they do , it’ll be on the front p-Bandai page and item page .  They will give at least 2 weeks notice for the deadline .

it will probably close on feb/march 

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

In my experience wth Hi Metal R, I’ve seen the TWEs stay open for PO at NY for at least a month. Not sure if that applies to DX or not.

1 hour ago, F360 said:

There is not set close date yet ,  but once they do , it’ll be on the front p-Bandai page and item page .  They will give at least 2 weeks notice for the deadline .

it will probably close on feb/march 

Thanks folks. I hope AE is ok with me for not paying my order yet...they will cancel it after 48 hrs anyway...

4 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I believe the credit has to be used all at once. Which is like 5 missile sets lol

I still haven’t received my 31As from them and I still feel salty about it :)

Refusing to offer a cash refund, and then refusing to let me spend store credit for something I want?  Yeah, that's utter BS.  I'm not ordering 5 missile sets just to blow the entire cost of a VF-31A + shipping.  Oh, and the store credit, which is basically cash they refuse to refund, expires after a year.  Customer disservice at its finest.

Honestly speaking, I'm mostly using this as a reason to call them out on crappy store policy.  If they're not going to offer cash, then the least they should offer is the ability to spend the credit on any combination of items from the store I want, at any time.  It is just cash I've flat out given them, after all.  If they can't do that, then I want my original 31A order re-instated, because they didn't tell me any of this before cancelling it.  I fully expected the whole "we can only offer store credit" line, but they didn't even mention it before going ahead with it, and did it without any explanation of the expiration and limit to using it all at once.

Feels a bit vindictive doing it this way, but I actually am hoping they'll just add a little flexibility to their system, and either let me use the credit on something I want, or send me the 31A I wouldn't have cancelled if I knew all of these restrictions existed.

Edited by Chronocidal

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-316817

CD Japan have the missile now.  Cost more than NY but cost much less in shipping.  Don't forget the little coupon: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/campaign/coupon/18yearend

And speaking of NY shipping, I had a SAL package that took almost a month to move inside Japan.  Not sure if they slow it because of the postal worker strike in the final destination Canada.

vLnZeU3.png

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'm not sure how you guys can tolerate anime in general if Nishida's mannerisms bother you guys so much. You guys must prefer the more uptight ladies, like a certain Japanese lady friend of mine who's so damn uptight I'm certain a singularity would form if she was clenched any harder. :p

I bought 3 sets of missiles just in case. Yes I think the whole thing is stupid and I'm going to sell of the extras if I end up not needing them. At the least the missiles should have just been included in a super parts set. 

I think Bandai's endgame is to become the EA of toys. Everyone loves EA, right? :rolleyes:

anime is horrible

6 hours ago, CF18 said:

CD Japan have the missile now.  Cost more than NY but cost much less in shipping.  Don't forget the little coupon: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/campaign/coupon/18yearend

And speaking of NY shipping, I had a SAL package that took almost a month to move inside Japan.  Not sure if they slow it because of the postal worker strike in the final destination Canada.

vLnZeU3.png

YESSS! CDJ offering Macross TWE now (or at least the missile set)! Ordered!

And with the year end coupon i ended with 5855 yen shipped! And these will then turn into points which i will discount on others in future!

And i dont need to pay upfront either :yahoo:

So much win! Thanks CF18!

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey David. Are you saying you’ve watched the Delta series with the audio down too? :rolleyes:

Anyways, did you preorder the missiles too? I’ll probably going to order at NY since the other item I’m going to order is still available from them. I was hoping in BIJ, but the other TWE item I’m going to order is already sold out.

honestly, i wanted one of them to die not messer. 

3 hours ago, CF18 said:

The Postal Strike is now over and according to this:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canada-post-restores-all-service-guarantees/ar-BBReSBy?li=AAggXBV&ocid=DELLDHP

Everything is back to normal except for the Vancouver sorting facility as it's catching up on the piled up packages that was stored in the trailers during the strike. I have a package from Hong Kong on the way and it won't be delivered till the first or second week of the New Year and hopefully it will get by customs with no issues.

As for the DX missile sets, not going to get it as I'm waiting for the Supers and the hands for the eventual Strike release for Roy upon release.

Edited by borgified
grammer

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Are you sure you don't mean that you only wanted one of them to survive? :D

Think he meant he only wanted Messer to survive, as he was the only semi-competent pilot in the show. The others in Delta squad are terrible.

I can only imagine the kind of boobs they have in their Kairos squadrons if they couldn't make the cut for Delta squadron. :lol:

2 hours ago, borgified said:

The Postal Strike is now over and according to this:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canada-post-restores-all-service-guarantees/ar-BBReSBy?li=AAggXBV&ocid=DELLDHP

Everything is back to normal except for the Vancouver sorting facility as it's catching up on the piled up packages that was stored in the trailers during the strike. I have a package from Hong Kong on the way and it won't be delivered till the first or second week of the New Year and hopefully it will get by customs with no issues.

As for the DX missile sets, not going to get it as I'm waiting for the Supers and the hands for the eventual Strike release for Roy upon release.

Does that mean the Postal Strike parts are no longer available?

6 hours ago, CF18 said:

vLnZeU3.png

All gone. Dang, I really wanted to get an order in at CDJ. oh wells :/

You would think with the price being what it is, and the fact that they are selling missiles separate at all, that Bandai would at least give us a set of red and a set of yellow tipped reaction missiles.  But Bandai doesn't seem to have a problem with mixing DYRL and TV ordinance, going by HMR, at least.

16 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Just bought a missile set and I don’t even have a figure on order :/

OMG i thought i was the only one too, i don't have the figure yet either, but ordered the missiles. They all Raised there prices since preorders were done. Anyone know where i can get the figure at a descent price?

5 minutes ago, jimber said:

OMG i thought i was the only one too, i don't have the figure yet either, but ordered the missiles. They all Raised there prices since preorders were done. Anyone know where i can get the figure at a descent price?

The official release date is the 29th, so a week from now. When that happens stores such as HLJ could well have excess canceled stock. Those stores don't price-jack, so I think that's your best bet for now.

2 minutes ago, Tober said:

The official release date is the 29th, so a week from now. When that happens stores such as HLJ could well have excess canceled stock. Those stores don't price-jack, so I think that's your best bet for now.

Thank you! will mark it on my calendar. I hope they announce the Vf-1S soon.

So yeah, I ended up ordering 2 sets at NY since the other TWE item I'm looking for available at their site. One set is enough for me actually since I'm not going to expand this scale with some future VF-1 variants except for only Hikaru's. And that is why I ordered another set as a backup if Bandai decides to release the other Hikaru Valks (A&S).

AMM-1 (x4) Missiles for VF-1J.
RMS-1 (x4) and UUM-7 (x2) for VF-1A.
UUM (x4) for VF-1S.

35 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So yeah, I ended up ordering 2 sets at NY

Did the same, I finally caved.  I hope Bandai doesn't do something like include missiles in the super parts bundle or something, or I'll just feel dumb. I already feel less than great about what I paid for two sets.

If I only end up getting 2-3 valks in this line (which is probably what is going happen), I might not feel so bad, as I probably ended up saving money on the valk itself.  Being TWE kind of sucks for us foreign buyers though, as it basically just inflates the price on something that is already a bit inflated.

It's an odd gamble, if they make them, I will probably buy lots of toys in this line and I would never need more missiles since I wouldn't display all in fighter or even every toy at the same time (and right now, I don't have a place to display anything any way). So, it's conceivable this ploy will work in my favor if the valks are cheaper for it. It seems more likely to me that Bandai will screw me somehow and this nickel and diming will only work in their favor.

11 hours ago, jenius said:

Are you sure you don't mean that you only wanted one of them to survive? :D

very true! 

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Think he meant he only wanted Messer to survive, as he was the only semi-competent pilot in the show. The others in Delta squad are terrible.

I can only imagine the kind of boobs they have in their Kairos squadrons if they couldn't make the cut for Delta squadron. :lol:

nah i wanted one of walkure to die even if messer survived. 

it would've made a better story instead of the traditional pilot death.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

19 hours ago, CF18 said:

vLnZeU3.png

I was ordering something from Mandarake a couple nights ago and i noticed they would only allow shipping by DHL. I asked why i could use SAL or EMS. They said it was because of the postal strike and anything send that way would be delayed up to 90 days. This suprised me because i've had orders from amiami and NY during the strike with no issues and second, the strike is over. They said they couldn't do it till they were given the word to go. Sucks.