Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Even if your cc has foreign transaction fees, it’s usually about 3%, which still should work out to be less than PayPal or the shop’s conversion rate so I would always pay by cc. Plus, you get the added protection from your cc company to guarantee your purchases. But it’s still wise to look into a no foreign transaction fee cc if you buy a lot of imports. It will save you a ton. 

Yep, those fees add up. According to my account, I've saved around $500 in foreign transaction fees over the past year. That's several more valkyries I can buy! 

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yep, those fees add up. According to my account, I've saved around $500 in foreign transaction fees over the past year. That's several more valkyries I can buy! 

Yep! Same reason I always choose the cheapest shipping no matter how slow it is. More money for more Valks!

16 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yep! Same reason I always choose the cheapest shipping no matter how slow it is. More money for more Valks!

Yeah this makes sense if you are buying on a regular basis.

19 hours ago, Lolicon said:

By my simple calculations that means over the past year you have spent $16.5K on VALK and other stuff.

3 minutes ago, Gojira101 said:

What are the chances this will go back up on the sites on release day. I saw Nippon Yassan had some but the prices was greatly inflated. 

I'd say there is a decent chance there will be some available for not much more than pre-order prices soon after release.

There also seems to be some info floating around suggesting they might do a re-issue sans the extra display stand, but I don't know that I'd count on that happening.

15 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I'd say there is a decent chance there will be some available for not much more than pre-order prices soon after release.

There also seems to be some info floating around suggesting they might do a re-issue sans the extra display stand, but I don't know that I'd count on that happening.

That would be great and I hope we hear a VF-1S announced pretty soon also. 

On 11/26/2018 at 1:27 PM, The Smirker said:

Hey, does anyone or any retailer have them for a decent price?

Yo!

Think you've been asking both here and at TFW regarding the DX 1J availability.

ami's got one up now for you, courtesy of AlexGS:

here's the link again for you:

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-041234

Either wait for the other japan-shops to open up again, or preorder from ami now if you still want it. 

No more po-discount, but at least it's at MSRP.

Edited by treatment

57 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Twe preorders open 20th this month...

i see one is the missile set....for roughly $35ish USD....they should have just included this and made the base price like a tiny bit higher.  of that 3.9k yen what percentage goes to pacakging, shipping, marketing the extra item/box etc.  its just annoying.  not sure where you see the other preorder?

Also, why does the product page https://tamashii.jp/special/macross/vf-1j/ say "dx chogokin Alto limited Edition?" in the browser tab title?  lol  hikaru >> Alto.

There is only one TWE preorder :lol: 

I think the missile set option is good for those who want the valk for battroid or gbp mode only and every little amount saved is a good thing. 

However it might cause a run on the missile sets for those who want em...I guess I would like missiles to be included at 19k msrp, and not have any price increases...cmon it’s not a complicated piece, the missiles do not even separate (from the box missiles).

it is what it is... 

1 minute ago, jenius said:

Man, it's TWE? Bummer! Looks not valk specific at least but that might make it hard to order as people will want more than one.

TWE means no preorder madness though...just markup for those outside japan by those retailers in japan that will sell them to foreign customers.  So $35usd may become...way too much (for what you're getting) once the markup and shipping are taken into account.  i'll still probably try for one set. 

I rarely used the missiles on the yamato valks but its nice knowing they were there, although the reactiom missiles came with the super/strike parts only...at lesat the box and regular missiles were standard. 

From the pics it seems like the attachment points on the missile sets are shaped almost identical to the Yamato design.  But, knowing Bandai, I am sure the tolerances will just be off *a tiny little bit* so that the Yamato ones (which we probably have many spare sets of) will not work.

Now the most important question.....to N-Y or not to N-Y...:p  after all, it just a weapon set right...

and how many.... I actually think I might just be down for one...tho the shipping costs for just one might be a large percentage comparatively to the set itself.....

hmm.... I might have to go thru buyee for this and perhaps combine it with something to stretch shipping costs?

Edited by seti88

Just now, seti88 said:

Now the most important question.....to N-Y or not to N-Y...:p  after all, it just a weapon set right...

and how many.... I actually think I might just be down for one...

I think I will just get one for the sake of completeness, if prices are not crazy expensive, just in case they do a missile effects set (ala HMR) for the line later.

32 minutes ago, jenius said:

People are going to buy like 8 sets, then Bandai will kill the line after three valks in favor of a new 1/60 mold. It will be chaos!

Actually, I am kind of pondering cancelling my DX VF-1J pre-order or selling it, in favor of consolidating to the HMR and the 1/60-ish scale Yamato v2 / Arcadia / DX Chogokin lines.  

Having a 1/48-ish scale valkyrie just does not fit in with all the other toys in my collection... and I don't want to start collecting yet another line of toys in a different scale.

Well, at 1/48 it will be roughly the same size as your other 1/60 scale valks (0, 19, 22 etc.) since the VF-1 is so small... I don't think you need to worry about this being a new scale for anything but VF-1 toys as the dx size works perfect for 1/60 for everything else.

Edited by jenius